Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
fhub Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By hap

Legally, you're required to distribute the source code of the (L)GPL drivers. The BSD licensed drivers(my prefered choice) is more permissive, but if you're going to be smug about that it pisses me off a bit.

Well, look at my first trial to distribute one of my sources (the chessmst driver):
First Robbbert changed a lot in my code ("to conform with our standards"), and now not even this changed code is wanted because it's not implemented in LUA?

So what do you expect from me?
Correct, this was the first and last time!

Franz

H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
It is not an issue of whether you want to or not, it is a legal requirement. We went over this before when you didn't want to release source code.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Yeah, this isn't an arbitrary thing, it's a "people don't want to be sued by the author of mboard.cpp" thing.

Originally Posted By hap
Legally, you're required to distribute the source code of the (L)GPL drivers.

Actually, as I understand it, as long as you don't distribute any binaries (i.e. you're developing for yourself and yourself alone) then you're not required to distribute the source. But I agree that's splitting hairs a bit ;-)

F
fhub Offline OP
OP Offline
F
@ Sandro Ronco:
I saw that you've now also added the Chess-Master Diamond (great!), but since the 2 extra modules (PM10/PM11) are not fully implemented yet, maybe you need some additional infos about these cartridges?

In the manual for this device there are also circuit diagrams for these 2 modules (at the last pages), this manual is available on Alain Zanchetta's website:
http://alain.zanchetta.free.fr/docs/Misc/ChessMasterDiamondDE.zip

Franz

S
S
The extra modules are in the hash/chessmstdm.xml and should work, but you must specify the module to be loaded into the command line
e.g. `./mame64 chessmstdm -cart pm10`

One thing that doesn't work is hot swapping the modules because the cartridges interface automatically causes a reset when you changes the cart.

F
fhub Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By s.ronco
The extra modules are in the hash/chessmstdm.xml and should work, but you must specify the module to be loaded into the command line
e.g. `./mame64 chessmstdm -cart pm10`

Thanks, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to work with mess or messui.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (MrBogi, Golden Child), 19 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com