Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#109414 04/22/17 05:18 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have a bit of a weird problem. I have MAME on my nes classic edition and love it. But two games are acting weird. Battlezone and Lunar Lander. The games start just fine. When I "add coins", again...it's fine. But then, when I hit start to begin a game, the black and white MAME menu pops up, making the games impossible to play. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the mame menu. On the computer, you just hit tab or escape and the menu goes away. I don't know what setting to change to map a key to make the menu go away. Any ideas ?

Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
you're using a 20 year old version of MAME on a platform that isn't officially supported, most of the devs here weren't active when that version was made.

this is like asking Microsoft a question about Windows 3.1.

S
S
You're not using current MAME on a NES Classic, you're using ... man, I don't even know. Looks like you might be using an outdated MAME-based core through RetroArch? Then your tech support, if any, should be coming from RetroArch.

Generally speaking, the only platforms MAME developers (MAMEdev) will support you themselves on right now are:
a. Windows
b. MacOS
c. Linux (SDL)
since we publish releases (either binaries or source) for those platforms.

Android and Windows' UWP support exist in MAME's source tree but we don't offer releases or support for those yet.

In addition, generally speaking, the only versions of MAME MAMEdev will support you on is typically the current release (in this case, MAME 0.184). Give or take a few, but typically, that's it.

So find out your version number.

If you are having problems with an older version, we will often ask you to update to a newer version.

D
D
MAME for Android is hard to config though. I had to reset the MAME paths so the MAME folders can be found on my devices. Other wise you can't run a game. The sounds messing up while back.

Unless you guys fix that part. Been a year ever since I mess with it.

Last edited by Dullaron; 04/22/17 10:22 PM. Reason: Edit

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
F
F
Android's still a ways out from being officially supported, and I'd suggest you stay well away from it, Dullaron. There're still some showstoppers that need to be dealt with and the people with the key knowledge there are overloaded as it is.

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
So, "VHSer", in an odd way I could kind of respect you extending your query to those of us on the Bannister forums because you were unhappy with the response your question was met with on MAMEWorld: http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthread...ded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Having said that, I don't, because as creative as I am, even I can't conceive of a situation where your question is reasonable. So, man, good luck. You brought this on yourself.

D
D
Originally Posted by Firehawke
Android's still a ways out from being officially supported, and I'd suggest you stay well away from it, Dullaron. There're still some showstoppers that need to be dealt with and the people with the key knowledge there are overloaded as it is.

Oh ok. I will stay away from it. All I did is this on the paths fix.

"SDL_INI_PATH = .;$HOME/.mame/;ini;" (Linux)

to this

"SDL_INI_PATH = /storage/emulated/0/MAME;/storage/emulated/0/MAME/ini" (Android)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 47 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,882
Posts116,798
Members4,962
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com