Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#109640 05/24/17 02:53 PM
Pernod Online Content OP
OP Online Content
I'm adding the FDX floppy device to the machine MTX512. The FDX device contains an 80 column video card (for CP/M) which has a monitor output. This monitor output is completely different from the VDP output of the base MTX512 machine.

I currently have the FDX adding another SCREEN (controlled by a 6845), so when I add the FDX device I now have two SCREENs (side by side). When the FDX is running there is no output from the VDP to the first SCREEN. Is there a way of removing the root SCREEN when I add the FDX SCREEN?

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, etc.
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Not currently. I'd like to be able to do that for exactly this type of case (e.g. add-on 80 and 132 column cards for the Apple II) but it's not supported ATM.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
you can add a video layout which shows only a single screen and let the user choose which screen to display through the "Video Options" menu.
it's not optimal, but at least gives the user the possibility to remove the blank screen.

D
D
You don't need a special layout for that, that's already possible with the default two-screen-horizontal layout you get when adding two screens.

A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Hello etabeta78,

long time no see you. smile

Duke #109657 05/26/17 10:32 AM
Pernod Online Content OP
OP Online Content
Originally Posted by Duke
You don't need a special layout for that, that's already possible with the default two-screen-horizontal layout you get when adding two screens.

Thanks, I really should've known that myself. The selected layout is also saved in machine.cfg which helps too.

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, etc.
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
It's actually possible to programmatically change which view is selected then too.

render_target *target = machine().render().first_target();
target->set_view(view);

where "view" is 0, 1, 2... in the order the options are in the layout. Some Macs use this because you can select either portrait or landscape video modes.

Pernod Online Content OP
OP Online Content
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
It's actually possible to programmatically change which view is selected then too.

render_target *target = machine().render().first_target();
target->set_view(view);

Exactly what I wanted, we got there in the end smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pernod), 23 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,911
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com