Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113546 06/07/18 11:35 PM
L
Luigi30 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I noticed something weird with the debugger on a Mac build (nothing special, just a standard MAME source tree) that I wanted to get a little clarification on before I filed a bug over at MAMETesters.

Sometimes when I open the debug panel, all the options are disabled in the dropdown. I can't step, open a memory viewer, etc. I have to close the debugger window to get it to work again. And sometimes it works fine when I open it, with everything being enabled and the debug console working. It seems to be at random. Am I doing something wrong? I never had any issues like this on a Windows build.

I'm running 10.13.5 on an MBP.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
I haven't seen that and I debug pretty regularly on my MacBook Pro. Can you come up with some circumstances that always provoke it?

Lemme edit a little: the menu bar doesn't work, that's a known hangup with SDL. But the pop-out menu from e.g. the arrow in the initial debugger window has always been fine and it has the same options available.

Last edited by R. Belmont; 06/08/18 12:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 31 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,916
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com