It’s the end of another month, and time for your scheduled MAME release, with more of everything we know you love. In a last-minute update, we slipped in a major performance optimisation for bgfx video output. It’s particularly noticeable when using cropped artwork, and there’s no longer a big performance penalty for bringing up the menu over the emulation on macOS. Another core improvement is support for TAP/TUN networking on Windows, providing a big performance improvement when connecting an emulated system to a network on the host machine.
From the department of things considered lost to time, MAME 0.201 allows you to play as Chuby the octopus, in the incredibly elusive Spanish game Night Mare. Unfortunately the sound ROMs were missing, so you won’t be able to hear Chuby speak, and we still need to be on the lookout for the export version known as Clean Octopus. And speaking of rare games from Spain, two more Magnet System titles have been dumped: A Day in Space and The Burning Cavern.
Newly dumped versions of supported arcade games include prototypes of Halley’s Comet (Taito) and Dog Fight (Orca), a newer version of the original Master Boy (Gaelco), and the Korean release of Raiden II (Seibu Kaihatsu). A redumped ROM allowed Psychic Force EX to run correctly. The vgmplay logged music player has had a big update in this release, with support for several more sound chips and a comprehensive software list.
And this brings us to audio improvements, which seem to have all crowded their way into this release. We have fixes for long-standing sound bugs in Twin Eagle, Targ and Spectar. Sound in Amazing Maze is no longer cut off after thirty seconds or so. There are some big changes for QSound and Taito Zoom ZSG-2 that should make things sound nicer. There’s also preliminary support for the NEC PC-FX’s HuC6230 SoundBox, but be aware it has a DC offset so you’ll hear a big thud when you start or stop it.
Recent improvements in NEC PC-98 emulation have seen dozens of titles promoted to working status, and we’ve added another batch of dumps from Neo Kobe Collection. There are a number of fixes that improve TI-99 floppy and cassette support in this release. InterPro systems can now be used via a serial terminal in configurations without a video card or keyboard. At long last, the Apple //c Plus can boot from its internal floppy drive. Other improvements to computer emulation include better keyboard support for Amiga systems, and improved GPU emulation for the HP Integral PC.
Of course, you can get source and Windows binaries from the download page
.MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
New working machines
- 00867: [Sound] (seta.cpp) twineagl: Music samples do not play to completion. (cam900)
- 06001: [Crash/Freeze] (nes.cpp) nes: iNES Mapper 31 crashes with ROM sizes other than 1MB. (rainwarrior)
- 06192: [Documentation] (playch10.cpp) pc_rrngr: Incorrect year or manufacturer. (sjy96525)
- 06653: [Documentation] (tmnt.cpp) qgakumon: Game name version mismatch. (sjy96525)
- 07053: [Crash/Freeze] (osbexec.cpp) osbexec: Stuck on PERFORMING SELF TEST. (AJR)
- 07058: [Gameplay] (tx1.cpp) buggyboy, buggyboyjr: buggyboy artwork gear stick not working. (Tafoid)
- 07059: [Sound] (tx1.cpp) All machines in tx1.cpp: Missing engine sounds. (Osso)
- 07067: [Sound] (exidy.cpp) targ, spectar: Spectar explosion samples short and long are named incorrectly. (Jim Hernandez)
- 07068: [Sound] (exidy.cpp) targ, spectar: Sounds are different to Targ. (Robbbert)
- 07069: [Cheat System] “On/Off” color is incorrect on “AutoFire Status” screen. (AJR)
- 07073: [DIP/Input] (neogeo.cpp) popbounc: Start buttons don’t work. (AJR)
New working clones
- A Day In Space (31/03/87) [Miguel Bragado, Recreativas.org, ArcadeHacker, David Haywood]
- The Burning Cavern (31/03/87) [Miguel Bragado, Recreativas.org, ArcadeHacker, David Haywood]
- Night Mare (Spain) [Tomasz Slanina, Roberto Fresca, Jordi Beltran, Paco Ortiz, Recreativas.org]
Machines promoted to working
- Astro Blaster (version 2b) [Joe Magiera, The Dumping Union]
- Basis 108 [Robbbert]
- Biomechanical Toy (Ver. 1.0.1870) [Jorge Casares, Ruben Casaña]
- Crash (alt) [Joe Magiera, Toby Bermann]
- Devastators (ver. 2) [The Onion Knight, Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
- Dog Fight (Orca, prototype) [ShouTime, Dane Biegert, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
- Flicky (64k Version, on Up'n Down boardset) [Jon H., The Dumping Union]
- Golfing Greats (US, version K) [Kevin Eshbach, The Dumping Union]
- Hacha Mecha Fighter (19th Sep. 1991, protected, set 2) [SpinalFeyd, The Dumping Union]
- Halley's Comet (Japan, prototype) [Joe Magiera, The Dumping Union]
- Ikari III - The Rescue (World, Rotary Joystick) [ClawGrip, Roberto Fresca, Recreativas.org, Dumping Union]
- Ikari Warriors (US, set 2) [Joe Magiera, The Dumping Union]
- Mario Bros. (bootleg on Ambush Hardware, set 2) [Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union, smf]
- Master Boy (1987, Z80 hardware, set 1) [Roberto Fresca, ClawGrip, recreativas.org]
- Orel BK-08 [Robbbert]
- Pool 10 (Italian, set 9) [f205v]
- Raiden II (Korea) [Jorge Silva]
- Signal Sintez 2 [Robbbert]
- Super Shanghai Dragon's Eye (World) [Fabrice Arzeno, The Dumping Union]
- Tecmo World Cup '90 (Euro set 3) [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
- War Mission (WM 09/04/87) [Miguel Bragado, Recreativas.org, ArcadeHacker, David Haywood]
- World Cup Volley '95 (Asia v1.0) [Fabrice Arzeno, The Dumping Union]
- WWF WrestleFest (US) [SpinalFeyd, The Dumping Union]
Clones promoted to working
- Gammatron Datum [Robbbert]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
- Apple //c Plus [R. Belmont, M. Guidero, Leon Bottou]
- Psychic Force EX [Ekorz]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
- Akai / Roger Linn MPC-3000 [R. Belmont, King Honey and The Darlington Pair]
- Alcatel Terminal 7100 [Robbbert]
- Alcatel Terminatel 258 [Robbbert]
- Ampex 210+ [Robbbert]
- Apple eMate 300 [Ryan Holtz]
- Brother LW-700i [R. Belmont, rfka01]
- Catherine Wheel [f205v, Ryan Holtz]
- Creator IKT-5A [Robbbert]
- F-Zero AX Monster Ride [anonymous, Ordyne, MetalliC]
- Facit Terminal 4440 (30M-F1) [Robbbert]
- Humantechnik Textel Compact A1010-0 [Robbbert]
- ITT Courier 9216-X [Robbbert]
- Joker Lady [f205v]
- Lady Gum [f205v]
- Loewe Multicom 715L [Robbbert]
- Loewe Multitel D [Robbbert]
- Loewe/Televerket Teleguide [Robbbert]
- Mera-Elzab 7951om [Robbbert]
- Mera-Elzab EC-7915 (EC-7950) [Robbbert]
- Mera-Elzab VDM 79322/CM 7233 [Robbbert]
- Microterm ACT-5A [Robbbert]
- Nutting Associates ICEBOX [Robbbert, Al Kossow]
- Paradar [f205v]
- Sharp FontWriter FW-600 [R. Belmont, rfka01]
- Siemens Bitel T3210 [Robbbert]
- Siemens Multitel Fe Ap 90-1.1 [Robbbert]
- Winner [f205v]
- World Grand Prix (World) [hammy, The Dumping Union]
- Wyse Technology WY-100 [Al Kossow]
- Zenith Data Systems Z-29 [Al Kossow]
New working software list additions
- 18 Wheeler (deluxe) [Ordyne, MetalliC]
- 18 Wheeler (deluxe) (Rev T) [Ordyne, MetalliC]
- Asian Dynamite / Dynamite Deka EX (older) [brizzo, MetalliC, rtw]
- Club Kart: European Session (Rev C) [Ordyne, MetalliC]
- The House of the Dead 2 (Export) [Ordyne, MetalliC]
- The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (Japan) [CoolFox, brizzo]
- Night Fever [PinMAME]
- Ring Out 4x4 [Ordyne, MetalliC]
- Third World [PinMAME]
- Unknown portable computer [MCbx]
- Virtua Striker 2 Ver. 2000 [Ordyne, MetalliC]
- Wyse Technology WY-120 [Robbbert]
- Zombie Revenge (Export) [Ordyne, MetalliC]
Software list items promoted to working
Murders in Space (CGA), Murders in Space (EGA), Murders in Space (VGA), Netherworld [ArcadeShadow]
Math Blaster, Writer Rabbit [darksabre76]
VTERM II (V2.00, newer), VTERM II (V2.00, older) [SomeGuy]
Compaq Portable Diagnostic Disk (SP0308), Intel 486 SX Microprocessor Demo [Foone Turing]
ABS Self Running Demo, The All In One Boot Floppy 0.9, The All In One Boot Floppy 0.9 (FreeDOS only), The All In One Boot Floppy 0.9 (Lite Version), The All In One Boot Floppy 1.0, Disney's The Lion King, Disney's The Lion King (Playable Demo), Microsoft Productivity Pack for Windows, Microsoft Works 3.0b, NETCOM NetCruiser [Justin Kerk]
- pc98: A Ressha de Ikou 4 ~ Take the A-Train IV - Map Construction + Power Up Kit (Cracked), A Ressha de Ikou III HD - Hard Disk Only, Akiko - Premium Version, Albatross, Albatross - Expert Course, Albatross - Meimon Course I - Oak Hills, Albatross - Visual Course, Albatross - World Course, Alone in the Dark 2, Alvaleak Boukenki, Amaranth II, Amaranth II (Alt System Disk), Ambition, Ancient Dragon, Angel Army, Animahjong X Perfect File, Animahjong X Perfect File (Alt), Animation Editor 'da Vinci-98', Art of War, Art of War - Kaisenban, Art of War Scenario Shuu, Assist Art - Paint Master, Dragons of Flame [Neo Kobe Collection]
- sorcerer_cass: The Count, Debug, Flight Simulator, Grotnik Wars, Nike II [Robbbert]
- uzebox: Air Hockey, Columns, Fireman Rescue, Flight of a Dragon, Flight of a Dragon (demo), Ghosty Ghost, Pipes, Stormforce [ArcadeShadow]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
- pc98: 3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou, 3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Alt Disk 1), 5 Jikanme no Venus, ASCII Otanoshimi Disk Vol. 13, ASCII Otanoshimi Disk Vol. 18, ASCII Otanoshimi Disk Vol. 6, ASCII Otanoshimi Disk Vol. 7, ASCII Otanoshimi Disk Vol. 8, ASCII Otanoshimi Disk Vol. 9, Ace of Spades, Advanced Power Dolls 2, Ai Shimai - Futari no Kajitsu, Akazukin Cha Cha - CG Works ver 1.00, Akumu - Aoi Kajitsu no Sanka, Alaskan Malamute G.C., Alice no Yakata II, Alice no Yakata III, Alien Zukan, Alone in the Dark, Amaranth III - Phantasie RPG, Amaranth IV - Abenteuerroman in Langsam, AmbivalenZ - Niritsu Haihan, Angel Halo, Angel Night - Yamiyo o Kakeru Tenshi-tachi no Monogatari, Animahjong X, Arcus, Art Action, Ash., Assist Calc, Assist Card (Demo), Astroguide 1994, Fifth Element - Tamashii no Genso, U-Jin Presents - Angel [Carl, r09]
Translations added or modified
- dc: Idol Janshi o Tsukucchaou (Jpn), Illbleed (Jpn), Incoming: Jinrui Saishuu Kessen (Jpn, Rev. 1), Inoue Ryouko: Last Scene (Jpn), Interlude (Jpn), Iris (Jpn), J.League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! (Jpn), JRA PAT for Dreamcast (Jpn, V40L11), JRA PAT for Dreamcast (Jpn, V50L10), Jahmong (Jpn), Jet Coaster Dream 2 (Jpn), Jet Set Radio (Jpn), Kaen Seibo: The Virgin on Megiddo (Jpn), Kanon (Jpn), Kaze no Uta (Jpn), Kidou Senkan Nadesico: Nadesico the Mission (Jpn), Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou - Zeon no Keifu (Jpn), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Jpn), Kita e. White Illumination (Jpn), L.O.L.: Lack of Love (Jpn), Le Mans 24 Hours (Euro), Le Mans 24 Hours (Jpn), Le Mans 24 Hours (World, Prototype 20000820), Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Euro), Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Euro, Prototype 20000118), Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Ger), Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (USA), Looney Tunes: Space Race (Euro), Looney Tunes: Space Race (USA), Looney Tunes: Space Race (World, Prototype 19991014), Looney Tunes: Space Race (World, Prototype 20000731), Love Hina: Smile Again (Jpn), Love Hina: Totsuzen no Engage Happening (Jpn), MDK 2 (Euro), MDK 2 (USA), MDK 2 (World, Prototype 20000126 5PM), MDK 2 (World, Prototype 20000126 7PM), MSR: Metropolis Street Racer (Euro), MSR: Metropolis Street Racer (Euro, Rev. B), MSR: Metropolis Street Racer (USA), MSR: Metropolis Street Racer (World, Prototype 20000509), MSR: Metropolis Street Racer - Special Version (Euro), MTV Sports: Skateboarding featuring Andy MacDonald (Euro), MTV Sports: Skateboarding featuring Andy MacDonald (USA), Maboroshi Tsukiyo (Jpn), Macross M3 (Jpn), Magforce Racing (Euro), Magforce Racing (USA), Magforce Racing (World, Prototype 20000524), Mahjong Taikai II Special (Jpn), Maken X (Euro), Maken X (Jpn), Maken X (USA), Marionette Company (Jpn), Marionette Company 2 (Jpn), Marionette Handler (Jpn), Mars Matrix (USA), Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (USA), Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (Euro), Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (Jpn), Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Euro), Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Jpn), Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (USA), Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX (USA), Max Steel: Covert Missions (USA), Maximum Pool (USA), Memories Off 2nd (Jpn), Memories Off Complete (Jpn), Mercurius Pretty: End of the Century (Jpn), Microsoft WebTV Setsuzoku Kit (Jpn), Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1 (Euro), Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1 (USA), Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 2 (USA), Millennium Racer: Y2K Fighters (World, Prototype 20010604), Miss Moonlight (Jpn), Missing Parts 2: The Tantei Stories (Jpn), Missing Parts: The Tantei Stories (Jpn), Mizu Iro (Jpn), MoHo (Euro), Monaco Grand Prix (USA), Monaco Grand Prix: Racing Simulation 2 (Euro), Monaco Grand Prix: Racing Simulation 2 (Jpn), Monaco Grand Prix: Racing Simulation 2 (Jpn, Prototype 19990106), Morita no Saikyou Reversi (Jpn), Morita no Saikyou Shougi (Jpn), Mortal Kombat Gold (Euro), Mortal Kombat Gold (Euro, Prototype 19990828), Mortal Kombat Gold (USA), Mortal Kombat Gold (USA, Rev. 1), Motto Pro Yakyu Team wo Tsukurou! (Jpn), Mr. Driller (Euro), Mr. Driller (Euro, Prototype 20000918), Mr. Driller (USA), Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness (USA), NBA 2K (Euro), NBA 2K (Jpn), NBA 2K (USA), NBA 2K (USA, Prototype 19990922), NBA 2K (World, Prototype 19991221), NBA 2K1 (USA), NBA 2K2 (Euro), NBA 2K2 (USA), NBA Hoopz (Euro), NBA Hoopz (USA), NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC (Euro), NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC (USA), NCAA College Football 2K2: Road to the Rose Bowl (USA), NFL 2K (Jpn), NFL 2K (USA), NFL 2K (USA, Alt 1), NFL 2K (USA, Alt 2), NFL 2K (USA, Alt 3), NFL 2K1 (Jpn), NFL 2K1 (USA), NFL 2K2 (USA), NFL Blitz 2000 (Euro), NFL Blitz 2000 (Euro, Prototype 19990908), NFL Blitz 2000 (USA), NFL Blitz 2000 (USA, Rev. 1), NFL Blitz 2001 (USA), NFL QB Club 2001 (USA), NFL Quarterback Club 2000 (Euro), NFL Quarterback Club 2000 (USA), NHL 2K (Euro), NHL 2K (Euro, Prototype 20000321), NHL 2K (USA), NHL 2K (USA, Prototype 20000131), NHL 2K (USA, Prototype 20000131, Alt), NHL 2K2 (USA), Nakoruru: Ano Hito kara no Okurimono (Jpn), Namco Museum (USA), Napple Tale: Arsia in Daydream (Jpn), Neppachi II @ VP@CHI: CR Harenchi Gakuen (Jpn), Neppachi III @ VP@CHI: CR Dokonjou Gaeru 2 - CR Dokonjou Gaeru H (Jpn), Neppachi IV @ VP@CHI: CR Aa! Hana no Ouendan 3 (Jpn), Neppachi V @ VP@CHI: CR Monster House (Jpn), Neppachi VI @ VP@CHI: CR Otakara Tankentai (Jpn), Net Versus: Chess (Jpn), Net Versus: Gomoku Narabe to Renju (Jpn), Net Versus: Hanafuda (Jpn), Net Versus: Mahjong (Jpn), Net Versus: Reversi (Jpn), Net Versus: Shougi (Jpn), Net de Para: Nekosogi Paradise (Jpn), Nettou Golf (Jpn), Never 7: The End of Infinity (Jpn), Nightmare Creatures II (Euro), Nightmare Creatures II (Euro, Prototype 20000721), Nightmare Creatures II (USA), Nightmare Creatures II (USA, Prototype 20000509), Nobunaga no Yabou: Shouseiroku with Power-Up Kit (Jpn), Sega Mega Drive (World, Prototype 20010115), Test Drive Le Mans (USA) [FakeShemp]
- ibm5170: Mitsumi IDE CD-ROM Driver [Justin Kerk]
- pc98: A Ressha de Ikou 4 ~ Take the A-Train IV - Map Construction + Power Up Kit, Ami - Kaze Tachinu [Neo Kobe Collection]
- Norwegian [DandelionSprout]
• m6809: Improved disassembly. [AJR]
* Use FCB directive to represent illegal opcodes, don’t print spaces after instructions without operands.
• osbexec: Removed spurious line inversion that broke the self-test. [AJR]
• Improved debugger view behavior: [AJR]
* Mask address expressions in disassembly view.
* Mask address expressions correctly in memory view when using physical addresses beyond logical limits.
* Fixed scrolling glitch in memory view when address expression is applied.
• imd_dsk.cpp: Added some sanity checks on geometry. [AJR]
• funkball: Added UART and RS-232 port for diagnostic output. [AJR]
• prose2k: Added RS-232 port and Baud clock, and converted terminal to serial device. [AJR]
• ms9540: Fixed ROM loading. [AJR]
• f3853: Improved interrupt behaviour. [AJR]
* Don’t fire external interrupt automatically when enabled, and clear interrupt requests once taken.
• elwro800: Added “TV” EPROM and corrected clocks. [AJR]
• Added support for V33/V53 expanded addressing mode, including BRKXA and RETXA instructions. [AJR]
• sol20: Added configuration options for CPU speed and field rate. [AJR]
• f8: Fix formatting glitch with disassembly of invalid instructions. [AJR]
• meritum: Added NMI key, and remapped keys to be more accurate to hardware. [AJR]
• screen.h: Fixed have_screen_update accessor and renamed to has_screen_update. [AJR]
* Fixes regressions in granny and other drivers using custom update functions with CDP1861, CDP1864 and TMS992x VDPs.
• Moved definition of address_space_config from dimemory.cpp to emumem.cpp (declaration was already in emumem.h). [AJR]
• z80sio: Ignore “Send Abort” command when not in SDLC mode – allows jade to start. [AJR]
• psx.cpp: Converted video to device_palette_interface and added support for 24-bit output. [cam900]
• X1-010: Converted to device_rom_interface, and converted memory mapping to proper memory banks in seta.cpp and seta2.cpp. [cam900]
• seta.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Added NVRAM and PCM mute control to calibr50, and noted revision in description.
* Reduced twineagl frame rate to improve music timing.
• vgmplay updates: [cam900]
* Added X1-010 support.
* Fixed C6280 and ES5503 addresses.
• aica.cpp: Implemented MONO/MVOL, EXTS mixing, and clock change support. [cam900]
* Also corrected AICA routing for Dreamcast, and added correct number of AICAs for Hikaru.
• ymf262.cpp: Added support for clock changes. [cam900]
• y2.cpp, ggconnie.cpp, crshrace.cpp: Improved metadata. [cam900]
• h6280: Added internal PSG. [cam900]
• dec0.cpp, actfancr.cpp: Reduced code duplication. [cam900]
• policetr.cpp: Cleaned up code, added save state support, reduced tag lookups, and converted drawing buffer to bitmap. [cam900]
• l7a1045_l6028_dsp_a.cpp: Added save state support. [cam900]
• deco32.cpp, deco_zoomspr.cpp: Fixed background color for dragngun and added notes. [cam900]
• dcheese.cpp: Corrected palette size, reduced tag lookups, and improved names. [cam900]
• pcfx.cpp: Added Hudson HuC6230 SoundBox emulation (PSG with ADPCM playback). [cam900]
* Also added ADPCM transfer and save state support to HuC6272.
• taotaido.cpp: Cleaned up code, reduced tag lookups, and added save state support. [cam900]
• nmk16.cpp: Identified tharrier CPUs and crystals. [cam900]
• taito_zm: Cleaned up code, connected outputs, and corrected TMS57002 clock. [cam900]
• vis: Fixed display in 256 color mode, and added controller buttons 1 and 2. [Carl]
• tlcs870: Rewrote most of the emulation. [David Haywood]
* Implemented interrupts, added I/O ports (data direction not implemented), and added timer-based serial communication.
• hng64: Udpates and refactoring. [David Haywood]
* Hooked up TLCS-870 MCU communication and interrupts, and connected I/O ports to MCU.
* Removed hacks/HLE rendered unnecessary by MCU emulation.
* Added hacks allowing racing games to enter gameplay and run without crashing.
• nightmare: Added default EEPROM contents. [David Haywood]
• decathlt: Implemented 315-5838 compression/encryption. [Peter Wilhelmsen, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Samuel Neves, David Haywood]
• discrete: Fixed DISC_555_TRIGGER_DISCHARGES_CAP option in DISCRETE_555_MSTABLE. [Derrick Renaud]
* Allows sound in Amazing Maze to play properly beyond 30 seconds.
* Also avoided problematic debug log file names on Windows.
• 315_5124.cpp bug fixes: [Enik Land]
* Fixed off-by-one bug in 315-5124/315-5313 sprite zoom limit.
* Fixed 315-5214 tile/line numbers in leftmost column.
* Avoid flagging sprite collisions twice on the same line for 315-5313.
• hp_ipc: Improved HP-1LL3 GPU emulation. [F.Ulivi]
* Improved drawing, made VRAM size configurable, implemented commands used by diagnostics, and implemented RDWIN/WRWIN bit offset.
• imgtool: Fixed parsing of options with enumerated values. [Fabrice Bellet]
• atarittl.cpp: Added netlist for a large portion of gtrak10 (Gran Trak 10, 1974) – still not working. [Felipe Sanches]
• mc68681.cpp: Added Exar XR68C681 support, including MISR register and extended Baud rates. [Joseph Zatarski]
• ti99 updates: [Michael Zapf]
* Added support for 16-sector TDF disk images.
* Made TDF images compatible with PC99 by forcing CRC to constant F7F7.
* Improved Hexbus/IBC emulation, allowing Hexbus floppy drive to work with TI-99/2.
* Fixed TMS9995 decrementer low byte reads – fixes TI-99/2 cassette loading.
* Modernised machine configuration.
• upd765: Discard write FIFO data pushed when write command fails to find sector. [Michael Zapf]
• hdc92x4: Added a minimum head load time to compensate for the floppy spin-up. [Michael Zapf]
• tms99xx: devcb3 changes, removing MCFG macros for 9900, 9901, 9980A, 9995. [Michael Zapf]
• cassette: Added audio output streams, removing need for “wave” device. [Michael Zapf]
• i386: Fixed a bug that could cause a common CPU detection check to misidentify a 386 as a 486. [MoochMcGee]
• indigo: Fixed ROM loading. [O. Galibert]
• Added support for abbreviated read/write handler signatures, and binding an object finder to an instance by reference. [O. Galibert]
• wd_fdc: Simplified API. [O. Galibert]
• tms57002: Suppressed aggressive inlining to reduce compiler memory usage. [O. Galibert]
• Added support for TAP/TUN network provider on Windows. [Patrick Mackinlay]
• z80scc: Fixed serial control signal behaviour. [Patrick Mackinlay]
* Corrected polarity, removed ring indicator input, fixed “all sent” handling, and implemented sync interrupts.
• interpro: Improved emulation, allowing headless configurations to be used. [Patrick Mackinlay]
* Fixed serial DMA and added missing control lines.
* Added 60x0 CLIX root floppies to software list.
• h8: Added H8/3003 support. [R. Belmont]
• apple2 updates: [R. Belmont]
* Added support for per-scanline Lo-Res rendering – helps “KFest18 2K Rasterbar Demo”.
* Fixed reverse-logic on TransWarp slot DIP switches that caused disks to not boot.
• apple2: Improved Apple //c Plus MIG and floppy emulation, allowing the system to be used with the first 3.5" drive. [R. Belmont, M. Guidero, Leon Bottou]
• pc98 updates: [r09]
* Fixed blink attribute.
* Improved titles and disk labels in software list, and added usage notes for software that needs DOS.
* Removed user disks that weren’t actually provided with software from software list.
* Fixed albatvis hashes, and removed disks that only differ in user save data.
• dp8390: Treat AppleTalk subnet broadcast L2 multicast address (09:00:07:ff:ff:ff) as Ethernet broadcast. [rakslice]
* This is a workaround for lack of multicast filter implementation.
• super80: Split software list between the 32- and 80-column versions. [Robbbert]
• slicer: Fixed floppy density selection. [Robbbert]
• fccpu20: Fixed terminal display. [Robbbert]
• minitel2: Added BIOS bv9. [Robbbert]
• cdc721: Added “Graphics Firmware” ROMs. [Robbbert]
• Z80SCC: Fixed Z-BUS access. [Robbbert]
• c900: Converted terminal to serial device using Z80SC. [Robbbert]
• sorcerer: Added experimental support for the twin floppy unit in the video/disk accessory. [Robbbert]
• cvs.cpp: Replaced ROM patches with protection simulation for huncholy, superbik, and hero. [iq_132, Robbbert]
• mastboyo.cpp: Improved inputs, added remaining DIP switches, and cleaned up the code. [Roberto Fresca]
• Modernized machine configuration or many devices and systems. [Ryan Holtz]
* Systems include bebox, indy_indigo2, mac128, macpci, nsg6890 oric, pet, prodigy, rmnimbus, ssystem3, swtpc09, swyft, sym1, trvquest, tv950, vectrex, vic20, victor9k, and wicat.
• pcf8583: Added rudimentary Philips PCF8583 RTC emulation, based on the PCF8593 device. [Ryan Holtz]
• st62xx: Added a skeleton device for the STmicro ST6 series of microcontrollers. [Ryan Holtz]
* Includes disassembler, banked data RAM, ROM, named registers, and untested GPIO.
• i386 updates: [Samuele Zannoli]
* Added Athlon XP processor.
* Fixed XADD condition codes – should be based on result of addition.
* Added an enumeration describing CPUID feature information bits.
• vgmplay updates: [smf]
* Added software list support.
* Re-initialise on loading a new track.
* Added C140, ES5503, SAA1099, SCSP, VSU, WonderSwan audio, Y8950, YM2610, YMF262, YMF278B and µPD7759 support.
* Fixed K054539 and YM2610 support.
* Added clock change support to ES5503, ES5506, SAA1099, µPD7756/µPD7759, and Virtual Boy sound.
* Added support for Oki M6258 data streams and clock/divider changes.
• WonderSwan audio: converted to device_rom_interface and added clock change support. [smf]
• Namco C140: converted to device_rom_interface and added clock change support. [smf]
• µPD7759: Converted to device_rom_interface and added master/slave select input. [smf]
* Finished hooking up to bayrouteb1, eswatbl, goldnaxeb1 and passshtb.
• SCSP: Converted to device_rom_interface, added clock change support, and corrected clock frequency. [smf]
• Improved emulation startup performance by using more appropriate strategy for sorting save state entries. [smf]
• powervr2.cpp: Improved performance by turning some per-pixel branches into per-polygon branches. [snickerbockers]
• Improved Taito ZSG2 sound: [superctr]
* Adjusted gain function and ramping algorithm, and added sample interpolation, emphasis filter and low-pass filer.
* Enabled TMS57002 DSP.
• Improved TMS57002 emulation. [superctr]
* Emulated multiply/accumulate pipeline.
* Added ALU saturation flag.
* Fixed issues with CMEM UPLOAD and PLOAD.
• konamigx: Hooked up third and fourth TMS57002 outputs based on educated guess. [superctr]
• qsoundhle: Replaced implementation with back-ported DSP program. [superctr, ValleyBell]
• m6502: Added support for microcontrollers and implemented MOS 6500/1 as a device. [Vas Crabb, O. Galibert]
• Improved support for screen orientation/geometry and automatic layout generation: [Vas Crabb]
* Added orientation and physical aspect ratio properties to screen device.
* Automatically generate views for systems one screen.
* Documented layout file format and automatically generated views.
• Added save state support for C arrays and std::array nested to any depth. [Vas Crabb]
• amiga.cpp: Overhauled keyboard emulation: [Vas Crabb]
* Re-implemented Mitsumi keyboard emulation using MOS 6500/1 device.
* Added support for Amiga 1000, Amiga 600, and Amiga 2000/3000/4000/CDTV Mitsumi keyboards.
* Added support for Cherry G80 Amiga 2000 keyboard (8039 version with external EPROM).
* Removed reset line from keyboard to host on systems with external keyboards.
* Emulated keyboard reset circuit for Amiga 1000, Amiga 2000 and Amiga CDTV.
* Added configuration setting for “compact mode” supported by Amiga 1200 keyboard program.
• sshangha.cpp: Added PCB layout for Super Shanghai Dragon’s Eye, and derived clocks from oscillator frequency. [Brian Troha]
• megaphx.cpp: Flagged megaphx PALs as bad dumps. [caius]
• toaplan1.cpp: Corrected program ROM names for Out Zone (Harder), and the mask ROM names for all Out Zone sets. [caius, The Dumping Union]
• Dumped Operation Wolf C-Chip EPROM and replaced simulation. [Caps0ff, Bryan McPhail]
• dec8.cpp: Decapped MCU for makyosen. [Caps0ff, Game Preservation Society, The Dumping Union]
• taito_f3.cpp: Removed outdated comment. [Chromaryu]
• citicona, dduxbl: Added PROMs and PLDs. [ClawGrip, Roberto Fresca, Recreativas.org, The Dumping Union]
• twincobr.cpp: Verified oscillator frequencies for Twin Cobra. [Corrado Tomaselli]
• mainevt.cpp: Added proper screen parameters, and updated notes. [Corrado Tomaselli]
• sorcerer_cass.xml: Corrected publisher/developer for two titles. [exidyboy]
• gameboy.xml: Update ROM labels/types from No-Intro. [FakeShemp]
• Clarified and re-worded the descriptions of typical ROM set organisation schemes. [Firehawke]
• Dumped Amiga 2000 keyboard (Cherry G80, 8039 with external EPROM). [Gerrit Heitsch]
• z180: Added workaround for missing serial and counter emulation, allowing some software to progress further. [Grull Osgo]
• cosmic.cpp: Corrected ROM labels and verified ROM types for devzone. [Guru]
• goldstar.cpp: Identified Fever Chance PCB as original Wing W-6 hardware. [Ioannis Bampoulas]
• zoar: Confirmed ROM dump is good. [Joe Magiera]
• apollo.h: Work around MSVC’s dislike for incomplete types in device finders. [justindarc]
• eyesb: Patched PROM to correct colors. [MASH]
• hikaru.cpp: Dumped development/prototype BIOS v.074. [Ordyne]
• naomi.cpp: Dumped Club-Kart Cycraft Motion PC software. [Ordyne]
• naomi.cpp: Dumped additional BIOS/firmware versions. [Ordyne, MetalliC]
* NAOMI Development/tester BIOS (Nov 1998), Ferrari F355 DLX prototype Japan and Export BIOS, NAOMI Rev F Export BIOS
* Ferrari F355 DLX prototype motor board firmware
• play_1.cpp: Verified that Third World and Night Fever use the same ROMs as Big Town and others. [PinMAME]
• dotrikun.cpp: Corrected ROM label for Dottori Kun (old version). [Porchy]
• info.cpp: Adjusted indentation of DTD to better reflect structure. [pxdnbluesoul]
• segas32.cpp: Mapped second start button for F1 Exhaust Note. [sjy96525]
• vgmplay: Added software list to including titles from all major packagers (VGMRips, SMSPower, and Project2612). [Tafoid]