Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
=
OP Offline
=
I try hard to get the emulation of "APF Imagination Machine" to work but can not find the basic rom anywhere. Resources for this truely bizarre 8-bit computer/console hybrid including carts are on hcvgm.org (games partly in emulator ZIPs) but no working basic. The "apfimag.zip" bios found online seems identical with "apfm1000.zip" and contains no basic either, without that none of the cassette files can load. The machine seems so obscure that (unlike C64, Apple 2 and such) none of the common retrogaming sites cares about it.

Where can I find the basic?

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

{weltenschule.de}
Originally Posted by =CO=Windler
I try hard to get the emulation of "APF Imagination Machine" to work but can not find the basic rom anywhere. Resources for this truely bizarre 8-bit computer/console hybrid including carts are on hcvgm.org (games partly in emulator ZIPs) but no working basic. The "apfimag.zip" bios found online seems identical with "apfm1000.zip" and contains no basic either, without that none of the cassette files can load. The machine seems so obscure that (unlike C64, Apple 2 and such) none of the common retrogaming sites cares about it.

Where can I find the basic?

There is a "basic" and even an "ebasic" listed in the softlist (HASH folder), so the image must exist somewhere. I can't speak to the success rate of using that or any of the software with the machine, though.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
The machine isn't too bad, last time I tried. There's graphics problems on some games, and the cassette loading isn't entirely reliable due to the original design.

Other than that, it should be fine.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,153
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com