Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#118900 04/10/21 09:58 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Hi, I am currently using MAME 0.129, but im having issues with the input system, I've used before FBneo where I was able to hold the back button while I was pressing constantly forward button and the input worked , but if I try this with mame it cancels the back button and press forward, ┬┐Can someone explain why this is happening? ┬┐its possible to configure mame so it can support pressing buttons this way?
Sorry, my english is very bad, if you need me to explain this issue better, just ask me, thanks!!

G
G
I think there's a configuration option for simultaneous contradictory where you can have left/right simultaneously.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

./mame -showusage | grep contra
-contrast default game screen contrast correction
-joystick_contradictoryenable contradictory direction digital joystick input at the same time

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Some games will crash if you put contradictory directions like that, which is why it's normally not allowed.

H
OP Offline
H
Sounds interesting, but im using mameppkgui and I dont have that option, I have a mame.ini and I tried to add it with "joystick_contradictory 1" but everytime I open mameppkgui it deletes the line with that option

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
0.129 probably doesn't have that option, it's over 12 years old. We do a monthly release, so that's a lot of bug fixes and features behind current.

H
H
Going by the name mameppk, I'm assuming by the letter K being in there that it's some hacked up build including k******a netplay code and a bonus trojan with it.

S
S
If you need netplay, probably better to use MAMEHub at this point and leave K******a behind in the past.

MAMEHub Community exists mainly on Discord these days, but there's also a reddit. Latest binary I last saw was 0.216-based but I think there's even newer now if you bother to register. It's described as a "pre-alpha" though so your mileage may vary. They offer Windows and Linux builds, plus there's source on GitHub.

https://discord.gg/4PDvAX4
https://reddit.com/r/MAMEhub/

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Heihachi_73
Going by the name mameppk, I'm assuming by the letter K being in there that it's some hacked up build including k******a netplay code and a bonus trojan with it.
I dont want stupid answers, thanks.

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Originally Posted by hiddenkabar

somebody warning you that the builds your using can be used to remotely hack your PC with ease isn't a stupid answer, it's helpful and responsible.

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Haze
Originally Posted by hiddenkabar

somebody warning you that the builds your using can be used to remotely hack your PC with ease isn't a stupid answer, it's helpful and responsible.

Yes, but that is not what im asking (He didnt even answer the question), besides I always scan .exe files before opening them, sorry if I was rude

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (gspat, robcfg), 38 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,933
Posts117,404
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com