Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
OP Offline
M
Hello,

I have installed the actual Mame230 and my emulation makes a big noise all day,
I think it comes from the virtual floppydrive ?
This is very disturbing to me so that i cannot work with Mame - only if speaker of PC is OFF but that is no solution for me.
Is their any way to switch the floppy sound off via the commandline ? i start mame with a batch file only

I have googled a lot but absolut no find. Also there seems no manual - another question here, is there a
Compendium for the Mayarc Geneve 9640 emulation for the startup parameters ?

please help
thank you

O
O
Hi,
I think you can delete samples\floppy and be free of those sound. Some people love them, some people hate them, unfortunately.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Osso
Hi,
I think you can delete samples\floppy and be free of those sound. Some people love them, some people hate them, unfortunately.

OMG thank you so much ! I deleted the complete folder. It was this sound, all day and night oooh
cannot think 1 simple thought when someone is ticking my shoulder the whole day smile
zero concentration and complete impossible to work with the emu

Is there a manual or a compendium with the startup commands for the Geneve maybe ?
I did read long on some Pedia but this is very hard to find parameters and too much to read
sadly does not help without massive reading for one small thing frown
sorry all seems hard with mame. i am a beginner and nothing works without massively tinkering and
always asking the gurus. strange. is it Linux based ?

Next thing is, how can i batch start Mame not having the full screen mode.
i have to press alt-enter every time and this also supersedes the first introscreen

thank you much from my ears smile

D
D
In the video section of the MAME ini: Set window to 1 and maybe maximize to 0.

1 member likes this: MameBuster
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
The floppy sound should only play when the disk is accessed - if it's really constant like that there's a bug in the emulation.

G
G
You can also use the -window command line parameter to start in windowed mode.

Also, you can use the OSD volume control sliders mapped to tilde, hit up and down arrows to get to the floppy sounds and left and right to change the volume.

Note that you have to enable the UI with scroll lock.

M
M
Sorry for disturbing you.

The floppy sound support was mainly designed and added by me; if you have access to the forum on AtariAge you could have quickly asked me.

Still, I wonder why so many people complain about the sound. I'd never turn it off again, it is extremely helpful to watch the operation, you know things are still working, and I find it quite close to the real thing. To some extend I'm actually a bit proud how nicely it works. If you know Ninerpedia you can find an article about the technique behind.

I'd recommend to pull down the sliders for the volume. You should know about the OSD menu and where to find it.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
The floppy sound should only play when the disk is accessed - if it's really constant like that there's a bug in the emulation.

thanks for the answer. yes that´s what I thought first too. But if i access disk thesound started hammering in my head (that´s what i feel) and then it didn´t stop. but it stopped, but very late smile i got rid off of it now by deleting it all from the samples (y)

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Golden Child
You can also use the -window command line parameter to start in windowed mode.

Also, you can use the OSD volume control sliders mapped to tilde, hit up and down arrows to get to the floppy sounds and left and right to change the volume.

Note that you have to enable the UI with scroll lock.

yes thanks Golden child that is best way for me because don´t want to use the mame screen menu (that i know)
i want it all in a batch and then one only klick starting it with all options

M
M
As for using the Geneve, please visit our TI and Geneve forums on AtariAge ("TI-99/4A computers"). There are many people who have good technical background and know how to configure the Geneve and to work with it. This is not so much a topic for a MAME forum.

Last edited by mizapf; 04/11/21 12:46 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,153
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com