Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Regarding the user experience for computers, wiki pages can help. I've written a pretty comprehensive one for the Apple II, for instance: https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Driver:Apple_II

A similar guide for the TI and Geneve might not be a bad idea.

1 member likes this: MameBuster
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
Regarding the user experience for computers, wiki pages can help. I've written a pretty comprehensive one for the Apple II, for instance: https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Driver:Apple_II

A similar guide for the TI and Geneve might not be a bad idea.

yes i confirm and absolutely right. Its needed not from technical but from the easy user point of view. big difference if you want to win and keep audience - or better let say ┬┤clients┬┤ smile

and when one offer user support on private message maybe that is reason why important answer can not be found here because not public ?
sorry my bad english - thank you

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by mizapf
Once again, please send me a private message via this forum, and I'll prove you that I am not one of your Gurus.

Hi yes thank you - but sorry why not do this and show here ? so other user can participate and learn

M
M
We do have a Wiki (Ninerpedia); I actually put information about MAME there but moved it to my own web server, see https://www.mizapf.de/en/ti99/mame.

I'm asking for a private conversation because I don't even know where you need help - on the MAME level, on the Geneve emulation level, on the Geneve application level, ...? If we find out what you need, we can post that result here.

The Geneve 9640 is more like an Amiga or a PC than a simple home computer; for instance, you need a boot disk with the operating system. It is not as simple to set up as the TI-99/4A which just needs its ROMs.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by mizapf
We do have a Wiki (Ninerpedia); I actually put information about MAME there but moved it to my own web server, see https://www.mizapf.de/en/ti99/mame.

I'm asking for a private conversation because I don't even know where you need help - on the MAME level, on the Geneve emulation level, on the Geneve application level, ...? If we find out what you need, we can post that result here.

The Geneve 9640 is more like an Amiga or a PC than a simple home computer; for instance, you need a boot disk with the operating system. It is not as simple to set up as the TI-99/4A which just needs its ROMs.

Hello - sorry as i write before i dont know why not writing here in public about small problem i have because this forum is here to do this way and other people later can read and benefit . i think at least . i want not "private conversation" there no reason for this doing . or there is secret about mame ? i know that i must have boot disk , i asked for strange loud noise of floppy drive in emu so you see my mamesytem is running..
i do not want to handle any menu of mame if possible - i want start with commandline from Dos so i need list or manual of parameters but not have ?
only in your head and in private conversation not good i think - knowledge will not last long if wiki does not answer easy qeustions
but all running now good so thank to all, and i hope am allowed come back when have more qeustions - good evening

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,153
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com