Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
B
Bletch Offline OP
Senior Member
OP Offline
Senior Member
B
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
www.bletchmame.org

  • Added an "Available" folder to the machine tree view (like MAMEUI)
  • Added the ability to reset settings to default
  • Current selections and auditing results will be described in the status bar
  • Various improvements to auditing
  • Hash paths will now default to 'hash' in the MAME directory
  • Fixed a bug that could cause switching between paths in the paths dialog to not persist changes
  • Various improvements to the CI/CD pipeline [Davide Cavalca]

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 22
L
Member
Offline
Member
L
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 22
Tried with MAME.EXE 0.238 I get error:

---------------------------
BletchMAME
---------------------------
Error parsing XML from MAME -listxml: 211:2: Error parsing attribute "refresh" (text="60,000000")
61317:2: Error parsing attribute "refresh" (text="50,007000")
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------


Running MAME and QMC2 on Windows 10 32-Bit and 64-Bit Versions (German)
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,455
Likes: 9
Very Senior Member
Offline
Very Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,455
Likes: 9
I'd be asking why there's a comma in the field - I would hope -listxml doesn't have regional variations.

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
B
Bletch Offline OP
Senior Member
OP Offline
Senior Member
B
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
This looks an awful lot like https://github.com/npwoods/bletchmame/issues/143, something that I thought we fixed a while ago

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 669
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 669
This looks like the opposite actually - the issue I filed was about parsing xmls with periods as decimal separators on a system running in German locale which uses commas. Was anything changed in mame recently which would make mame produce localised xmls?

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,344
Likes: 61
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,344
Likes: 61
It’s not supposed to, and it’s only doing it for a few systems out of thousands. Given how non-deterministic it seems to be, I’m guessing it’s stack corruption due to something not being thread-safe. It’s not going to be fun to track this down.

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
B
Bletch Offline OP
Senior Member
OP Offline
Senior Member
B
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
I might actually make BletchMAME tolerate this particular error; parsing "50,0" is just as easy as parsing "50.0".

That said, I need to dive into the MAME code here to fix the bug; the desire to speed up -listxml was ultimately driven by BletchMAME.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,344
Likes: 61
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,344
Likes: 61
The trouble is, it’s not necessarily going to be "50,0", it could be anything depending on the user’s settings, and some locales have different digit characters, too.

Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 96
=
Member
Offline
Member
=
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 96
Even worse is when German default settings additional uses "." as the digit group separator and "," for decimal point. (e.g. "1.000.000.000,00" for a billion (in german "Milliarde") € with 2 digit cents).

I have adjusted all my devices to use " ' " as group separator and use ISO date format ("2021-12-09" for 9th December of 2021). What really sucks is that KDE5 has no individually selectable locales per part anymore ("date=yyyy-mm-dd" etc.), so I had to install some hand-edited foreign locales in Linux to make it allow combining ISO date with German locale at all. (I don't have MAME on it yet and use no external frontends on non-DOS versions.) This is my KDE locale setting.

Code
$ locale

LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=de
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=en_SE.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_SE.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Last edited by =CO=Windler; 12/09/21 06:04 AM.

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

{weltenschule.de}
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
B
Bletch Offline OP
Senior Member
OP Offline
Senior Member
B
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 703
Likes: 7
Well the truth is that there is a bonafide bug in MAME; you really should not have to change your configuration like this.

I still will likely make BletchMAME tolerate this bug (and handle Info XML that was incorrectly generated to use commas as decimal points), but Vas is still absolutely right that is not a real solution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rik, 1 invisible), 23 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,071
Posts118,945
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com