Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#121628 11/30/22 05:15 AM
A
OP Offline
A
So when i load Gals Panic s3 using mame .0248, It automatically loads bios for Europe. However, this bios does not seem to work. The only bios I seem to find that works is the Korea and Japan (No region lock). On Gals Panic s2 you can bypass this by creating a save state and loading europe (which does work) automatically. S3 does not support save states.

How can i force one of the working bios for this game.

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
This is an amazing post, there's are so many confidently-stated incorrect things that it can't even really be responded to, just printed and put in the Louvre.

A
OP Offline
A
Figured it out, sorry.

1. You must load Mame.exe by itself
2. find the game
3. click on system settings
4. Choose bios

A
OP Offline
A
Very insightful comment. Thanks for all of your help! next time just scroll on by.

Didn't even list what statements were incorrect

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
The default BIOS for galpans3 (and in fact all Super Nova games) is Japan and it works fine. You either misconfigured it previously or you're using some non-official or modified MAME (e.g. the RetroArch core) that breaks it.

A
OP Offline
A
I am using launchbox configured to prioritize world. However, my understanding of how it works is, that it prioritizes by the alternate clones. So in other words if there is a world version and a us version (different games) it will choose the world version. But this was all done through different versions of the same game. Galspanics3 doe snot have that, it just has different bios versions.

Oh well i got it regardless.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 28 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,916
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com