Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 91 of 116 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 115 116
S
S
OK. I see that QMC2 is open source. I guess I could make tweaks myself to allow the rom status to be overridden on a per rom basis or to allow roms to be hidden for certain machine types (if the console emulators are tagged in some way that I can read).

I thought I'd ask first in case that capability was already in QMC2, but it looks like not.

Last edited by ScoobyDew; 09/29/15 06:52 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Well, as I said, there is *no* indication of the machine type in MAME! But yeah, QMC2 is open source. Feel free to make your changes, and if you think you've created something useful, please provide a patch smile.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Also, regarding ROM states... please see this section in our wiki for details on what they mean. "Mostly correct" is the combined state for sets that are known to contain "bad dumps" and/or to be "missing dumps" (aka as "best available"). So it's no wonder that most games work even in this state; that's expected.

If unsure, I suggest using the ROMAlyzer to see what's "wrong" with a set. Dumps that are known-to-be-missing or known-to-be-bad are indicated with an "under construction" sign smile.

R
R
http://tracker.batcom-it.net/view.php?id=119

By the way, launching QMC2 Arcade from QMC2 Mame shows an empty list, whereas it's ok when launched directly.

A mistake on my side ?

----------------
Video are not auto launched under QMC2 arcade although the "auto play" option is set to "60s"... not implemented ?

Last edited by remax; 10/06/15 07:47 PM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By remax
http://tracker.batcom-it.net/view.php?id=119

By the way, launching QMC2 Arcade from QMC2 Mame shows an empty list, whereas it's ok when launched directly.

A mistake on my side ?

Most likely. Works perfectly here, and I'm not sure what you did. What's set as "configuration path" in the Arcade Setup dialog? Does it match QMC2's configuration path?

The actual file that it's trying to load is logged to the "console". You should see an obvious difference when launched through QMC2 or directly when your setup is wrong (for whatever reason). An empty list most likely means that it simply can't find the machine list cache file (or its filtered pendant).

I also can't reproduce your reported issue.

Originally Posted By remax
Video are not auto launched under QMC2 arcade although the "auto play" option is set to "60s"... not implemented ?

Auto-play works fine here, also tested successfully on Windows, so I have no idea what could be causing this for you. Are you using the official VC++ builds (*)? And which theme are you using?

(*) Note that MinGW builds will not support QML video at all, unless you build/deploy qt-mobility for it. Trying to start QMC2 Arcade with "-video on" in this case would already fail loading the required QML imports, though.

R
R
Originally Posted By qmc2
Most likely. Works perfectly here, and I'm not sure what you did. What's set as "configuration path" in the Arcade Setup dialog? Does it match QMC2's configuration path?

The actual file that it's trying to load is logged to the "console". You should see an obvious difference when launched through QMC2 or directly when your setup is wrong (for whatever reason). An empty list most likely means that it simply can't find the machine list cache file (or its filtered pendant).

I also can't reproduce your reported issue.

So... From left to Right : My folder config for QMC2-MAME, the one for QMC2-Arcade, my Category list, my category list in the file chooser for QMC2 Arcade.

The last list contains a "?" entry, the catver file i use have no reference to a "?" category, your category.ini file has one when used (well to be exact QMC2 auto classify any driver that has no category in it, but my catver has everything categorized), hence i deducted that it might be taken from it, or something like that.
I think i had it wrong, and you might have to remove "?" when there is no uncategorized driver, but it's a very low priority thing. You can remove my bug report.

Don't be mistaken for the other issue, even though you can't see it on these screenshots, i have some category selected, and there is a not empty list when i launch QMC2-Arcade directly.

Only problem is when i launch it from QMC2-Mame.

Auto-play works fine here, also tested successfully on Windows, so I have no idea what could be causing this for you. Are you using the official VC++ builds (*)? And which theme are you using?

(*) Note that MinGW builds will not support QML video at all, unless you build/deploy qt-mobility for it. Trying to start QMC2 Arcade with "-video on" in this case would already fail loading the required QML imports, though.

I use the officials VC++ builds, yeah. Videos works fine, but i have to click on the play icon.

Last edited by remax; 10/07/15 09:45 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
The "?" category is automatically generated when there's no known category for a set. So I suppose that yes, there are missing sets in your "catver_full.ini". And yes, the category view will also contain that "?" category (sort the view by "Category / Machine" to see it).

I never said that "catver_full.ini" were supported, BTW. So it could as well be some incompatibility with that file.

Regarding QMC2 Arcade / auto-play... does the ToxicWaste theme have the same problem for you? Can someone else on Windows reproduce this?

EDIT: About the empty machine list when starting QMC2 Arcade "directly"... you do use "-config_path e:\Util\QMC2\data\settings" on the command line in this case?

Last edited by qmc2; 10/07/15 10:01 AM.

R
R
The "?" category is automatically generated when there's no known category for a set. So I suppose that yes, there are missing sets in your "catver_full.ini". And yes, the category view will also contain that "?" category (sort the view by "Category / Machine" to see it).

I never said that "catver_full.ini" were supported, BTW. So it could as well be some incompatibility with that file.

No, there is no "?" in QMC2-Mame category list.

Catver_full use exactly the same syntax as catver (except that it categorize also MESS drivers) and works perfectly with QMC2 Mame (for both category and version view). It avoids to have to update two files.

That's right that it's not officialy supported, but i can't see why it would produce different classification under the file chooser.

Quote:

Regarding QMC2 Arcade / auto-play... does the ToxicWaste theme have the same problem for you?

Yes. I'll look in my decoder codec settings...

Quote:

EDIT: About the empty machine list when starting QMC2 Arcade "directly"... you do use "-config_path e:\Util\QMC2\data\settings" on the command line in this case?

Yes, it's automatically added by QMC-Mame when launching, acording to the log window.

Last edited by remax; 10/07/15 10:13 AM.
R
R
Just tested : adding "?" category to the chooser adds no more driver to the list, so it must be empty...

EDIT 1 : Video autoplay issue fixed ! I had wrongly interpreted the "60s" as play FOR 60 second and not AFTER 60 seconds !!!

It's only really explicit in the ToxicWaste theme, my bad!

Only stays the issue with launching from QMC2-Mame as the other one is really minor...

EDIT 2 : Another minor issue appears now : It seems that when set to 0 sec, autoplay doesn't work, but works ok with 1 sec.

Last edited by remax; 10/07/15 10:33 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Ah, you mean there shouldn't be a "?" listed in that dialog... yeah, there might be a small bug then. I'll have a look!

LOL regarding auto-play smile... and 0 means "off", which is (or should be) indicated as "off" in the preferences.

Page 91 of 116 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,274
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com