Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 92 of 116 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 115 116
R
R
Originally Posted By qmc2
Ah, you mean there shouldn't be a "?" listed in that dialog... yeah, there might be a small bug then. I'll have a look!

Yeah, minor bug. Not the one i thought at first.

Quote:
LOL regarding auto-play smile... and 0 means "off", which is (or should be) indicated as "off" in the preferences.

Well it can make sense, but as there is both "0s" AND "OFF" settings, we are lead to believe that "0s" means instant play...

Last edited by remax; 10/07/15 10:42 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By remax
Ah, you mean there shouldn't be a "?" listed in that dialog... yeah, there might be a small bug then. I'll have a look!

Yeah, minor bug. Not the one i thought at first.

I've checked it, and no, it's not a bug. This list is no 1:1 copy of the available categories, the "?" category here is just a (constant) filter setting for sets that aren't categorized - regardless if there actually are some or not.

Quote:
Well it can make sense, but as there is both "0s" AND "OFF" settings, we are leaded to think that "0s" means instant play...

Yes, sorry, I was wrong... there is 0s for instant play and -1 for off. I wonder why 0s doesn't work for you then? But the user experience with "instant play" is not nice anyway.

Last edited by qmc2; 10/07/15 10:50 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
R
R
What's "lights out in 60 sec" in the darkone theme ?

And what is exactly the "flash effect"/"launch flash" ?

Last edited by remax; 10/07/15 11:01 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
I'm not the author of that theme, so bear with me smile... I'm just trying to keep it alive. AFAIK the "lights out" thing is kind of a "screen saver" (mainly for full screen use), "flash effect" is some flashing effect on start-up, and "launch flash" is a similar effect shown upon launching a machine (or vice versa).

Last edited by qmc2; 10/07/15 11:10 AM.

R
R
Last issue fixed!

I am probably an edge case as i try to keep a max of config files in the QMC2/data/settings subfolder, but QMC2 needs the path to QMC2.ini file (/Users/foo/...) and not the path to the others config files (.../QMC2/data/setings)

Last edited by remax; 10/07/15 11:25 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
When the latter works for you by "just clicking the exe" then you don't use a custom configuration path! Could you please run "qmc2-arcade.exe -help" on the command line?! This would reveal the default value for that path:

Code:
rene@thunder:~/src/qmc2> qmc2-arcade -help | grep "Configuration path"
-config_path     Configuration path   [/home/rene/.qmc2], ...

EDIT: Yeah, the configuration path is where qmc2.ini resides.

Last edited by qmc2; 10/07/15 11:29 AM.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By remax
I am probably an edge case as i try to keep a max of config files in the QMC2/data/settings subfolder, but QMC2 needs the path to QMC2.ini file (/Users/foo/...) and not the path to the others config files (.../QMC2/data/setings)

You can do that, but then you have to pass "-config_path e:\Util\QMC2\data\settings" to QMC2, QMC2 Arcade and qchdman on the command line! But first copy qmc2.ini from its current folder to this one wink.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
remax: If you have a good working OpenGL driver (and I suppose you do), I'd suggest to use "opengl" for the graphics system. This setting will not be available when I finally switch to Qt 5 (at some point), but it makes a difference for Qt 4.8.x / QtQuick 1.x (desktop OpenGL).

R
R
remax: If you have a good working OpenGL driver (and I suppose you do), I'd suggest to use "opengl" for the graphics system. This setting will not be available when I finally switch to Qt 5 (at some point), but it makes a difference for Qt 4.8.x / QtQuick 1.x (desktop OpenGL).

Done. Thank you wink

R
R
I may have found a real bug this time, you'll tell me :

I want to have a list with only games that have a video snap to play under QMC2-Arcade...

I don't know if there are better way to do it, but i created a fake catver file, with only one section (Video) under which i listed all the driver with a mp4 file (dir /s in the folder and a bit of cut and replace)...

Then i went to the file chooser, clicked only the Video category, clicked the parent only option (no point in having to much drivers in this mode as it make the list barely browsable).

Everything went great except for one little thing : i have System BIOS drivers such as Playchoice-1 BIOS, PGM System BIOS, ... in the middle of my list.

As i understand it, System Bios and Devices category are auto created by QMC2. Devices are auto disabled, but not System Bios, and as both these category are not listed, there is no way to activate/desactivate them in the list.

EDIT 1 : When no category are selected, i have only System Bios in the list... Do i have to categorize them perhaps ?

EDIT 2 : NO doesn't work. I now have a BIOS category in the list (not in QMC2-Mame as it seems my category is overrode by the internal one), but they are selected whether the category is selected or not.

EDIT 3 : Ah! It works if the category is called "System / BIOS" (i called i previously "Bios" so the name have to match the internal one). Then, if i unselect the category, no more Bios. But in my opinion, we should have this category automaticly as it's internally avaible...

Last edited by remax; 10/09/15 08:13 PM.
Page 92 of 116 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (belegdol, 1 invisible), 26 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,286
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com