Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 93 of 116 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 115 116
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
remax: I'm not sure I understand what you did exactly (i.e. what has the file chooser to do with machine categories?), but yes, "System / BIOS" and "System / Device" are the two automatically generated categories. I'm quite sure that this all works fine.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
R
R
Originally Posted By qmc2
remax: I'm not sure I understand what you did exactly (i.e. what has the file chooser to do with machine categories?), but yes, "System / BIOS" and "System / Device" are the two automatically generated categories. I'm quite sure that this all works fine.

Like i said, I was talking about QMC2 Arcade, so by file chooser i mean the category filter under "Machine list filter".

To select the drivers in my list, i made my own category file, where i only categorized the file i want in the list (so that i can use category filter), but ended with bios in my list.

Obviously, the "System /BIOS" and "System / Device" are not available under this menu and so drivers are not selectable/unselectable if not categorized.

When using category filter, Device is auto-unselected, this behaviour would satisfy nearly 100% of users, but Bios is auto-selected, which is a little bit more annoying.

It make more complicated the task of selecting self-taylored lists (tagged files is not a possibility here obviously).

R
R
Triggering the bug :

Download this file : https://www.sendspace.com/file/0jvuzq
* Use "Catver - Video - no bios.ini" as a category file for QMC2-Mame, go to Machine list filter>Category Filter, only select "Video" category and save filtered list.
* Launch QMC2-Arcade, you should only have drivers that has video snaps BUT there is also System bios in the list

*Same thing with the second catver, you no longer have bios in the list.

So to avoid bios in the list, you are forced to categorize bios in a category with same name as the internal category of QMC2 for bios (it doesn't work if you call it just "Bios" for example). I feel we should already have this category choice under the category filter of "Machine list filter" the same way the "?" category is always avaiable.

Don't think i can make myself clearer lol...

Last edited by remax; 10/10/15 07:57 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Why don't you simply deselect "System / BIOS" in the category filter then? And who said that anything else than catver.ini would work w/o issues? It's called "System / Device" and "System / BIOS" because of catver.ini. So either your version of "catver.ini" has to use these strings or not include BIOS- / device-sections at all, or you have to live with the fact that there are unused additional BIOS / device categories.

(Device sets are automatically filtered out because they don't run standalone, but a number of BIOS sets actually do.)

R
R
Why don't you simply deselect "System / BIOS" in the category filter then? And who said that anything else than catver.ini would work w/o issues? It's called "System / Device" and "System / BIOS" because of catver.ini. So either your version of "catver.ini" has to use these strings or not include BIOS- / device-sections at all, or you have to live with the fact that there are unused additional BIOS / device categories.

(Device sets are automatically filtered out because they don't run standalone, but a number of BIOS sets actually do.)

You did try what i described in the upper post ???

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Oh, I see... it's not displaying "System / BIOS" as an available category to select / deselect then... yes, that's a "bug" smile. Not a real one, but I will still "fix" it.

Last edited by qmc2; 10/10/15 08:45 AM.

R
R
Oh, I see... it's not displaying "System / BIOS" as an available category to select / deselect then... yes, that's a "bug" smile.

Exactly :-D

Hard to describe a problem by handwriting, harder when not talking in your native language...

Not a real one, but I will still "fix" it.

Well there is a workaround, but relying only a on a complete catver is a bit dangerous i think.
I did no test, but i'm pretty sure there would be real bugs if the catver is a bit old and all bios are not categorized.

Last edited by remax; 10/10/15 08:47 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
SVN r6980 supports this now (tested with your Video-only catver.ini).

I'm relying on what I can guarantee to work wink.

R
R
SVN r6980 supports this now (tested with your Video-only catver.ini).

I'm relying on what I can guarantee to work wink.

Thanks smile

Well, the only thing you can guarantee to work/being fully up-to-date are YOUR internals category laugh

And even for the sake of consistency, always having "?" and not "System / Bios" was not logical...

By the way, my video only catver is just an hacky way to achieve my goal (creating a list of drivers with video snaps).
If you see a clever way of doing that, i hear to you. Myself, i don't see other ways.

Last edited by remax; 10/10/15 09:08 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
I guarantee that the (English) catver.ini from here works: http://www.progettoemma.net/?catlist - and that's been this way since the beginning smile. Technically it was no bug, however, it's still better the way it's done now, so that's an improvement.

Well, the category is not the right place for making this info available, but currently "there's no other way" if you like. It's nothing the emulator would tell me so I would have to find out by scanning what's available. That's not included, just like you don't have a way to filter the machine list by the availability of whatever type of image (although there's a separate image checker).

Page 93 of 116 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Golden Child, Pernod, Dorando), 18 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,099
Posts119,227
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com