Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 94 of 116 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 115 116
R
R
Originally Posted By qmc2
I guarantee that the (English) catver.ini from here works: http://www.progettoemma.net/?catlist - and that's been this way since the beginning smile. Technically it was no bug, however, it's still better the way it's done now, so that's an improvement.

This file is not instantly updated... Sometimes it lags 2 or 3 Mame version behind...

So yes, you can be sure it is correctly formated, but not that it has every bios categorized.

Quote:
Well, the category is not the right place for making this info available, but currently "there's no other way" if you like. It's nothing the emulator would tell me so I would have to find out by scanning what's available. That's not included, just like you don't have a way to filter the machine list by the availability of whatever type of image (although there's a separate image checker).

I am just talking about bios. It seems to me that this info is available in one way or the other since even with my barebone catver (the one without the bios category), bios were categorized under QMC2 Mame. So you have the ability (correct me if i'm wrong) to list all the bios of a Mame exe, something a deprecated catver couldn't do if bios has been added since.

Well, since it has been fixed, no point of arguing for hours, but if you really want i'm pretty sure i can make you a scenario were even using the last official catver would lead to having one or two bios drivers under the list even if the option is unchecked because the file lags too many version behind. With your fix, no way it happens.

Now that it is fixed, i'm gonna send you a feature request... From the Mame POV, we are coming pretty close from Hyperspin with greater control over the emulator behaviour. smile

Last edited by remax; 10/10/15 09:36 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Yes, BIOS and device sets are automatically categorized since v0.53, no matter if "System / BIOS" and/or "System / Device" categories exist in catver.ini and/or category.ini. When they are categorized differently in catver.ini and/or category.ini those categories are basically ignored.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
I've just added a "rank filter" to the arcade mode setup (SVN r6984).

M
M
Hello, everyone! This one's my first post in the forum, so I'd first like to thank the QMC2 team for creating this superb piece of software. It really really helped me getting the hang of the MAME+MESS merge and for that I can only be so thankful.

I've been using QMC2 for about five days now. During the process of setting it up I had been noting down some questions I'd like to ask. So here we go:
  1. I'm using a setup that strictly uses relative paths to MAME, its extras, etc., as well as to the configurations directory through the argument "-config_path". Is there any other way to use style sheets successfully other than placing the ".qss" file in the same directory as "qmc2-mame.exe"? I had tried using the "-stylesheet" argument, but the style sheet wouldn't load at all.
  2. Is there support for custom fonts in style sheets? I'd like, for example, to have a special font for the machine list's QTreeWidget.
  3. When launching "QMC2 Arcade" through "qmc2-mame.exe" I'm getting nothing but a black screen in the application's window. However, running "qmc2-arcade.exe" with the same "-config_path" argument used in "qmc2-mame.exe" works as expected. Is that an issue with my setup?
  4. This one's about the device mapper. My software list ROMs come in the ".7z" format. Let's say that I'd like to run "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" without using the software list to first run "Sonic & Knuckles" and then using MAME's menu to go through the software list again and mount "Sonic the Hedgehog 3" on top of it. How can this be done?
  5. I've noticed that the "memcard" directory is missing from "Output directories". Is this normal?
That's all there is for now. smile
Once again, thank you QMC2 team for realizing this wonderful piece of software.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
1. The problem with style sheets is that they are using / have to use relative paths in image URLs, and Qt doesn't resolve that automatically. Since you're strictly using relative paths (relative to the path where qmc2-mame.exe resides, I suppose) you must place the style-sheet in the same folder as qmc2-mame.exe.

2. Yes. See http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/stylesheet-reference.html (and search for "font").

Note that some objects have been renamed recently (object names that are directly addressed from the style sheets) and so I suggest you wait for the next release before you make your own changes. The style sheets on the QMC2 homepage have already been updated accordingly (http://qmc2.batcom-it.net/index.php/style-sheets/). QMC2 0.57 should be released next week.

3. What's set as "Configuration path" in the arcade mode setup dialog?

4. I'm not sure I understand that question... the device mapper maps files to devices upon launching the emulator. Mapping files later during emulation only works through the emulator's TAB menu.

There is no way in QMC2 (yet) to reconfigure the emulator when it's running.

5. The "memcard" option has been removed in MAME several versions ago. It's interesting though that you're not the first to ask smile.

R
R
Originally Posted By ManiacOfMadness

[*]This one's about the device mapper. My software list ROMs come in the ".7z" format. Let's say that I'd like to run "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" without using the software list to first run "Sonic & Knuckles" and then using MAME's menu to go through the software list again and mount "Sonic the Hedgehog 3" on top of it. How can this be done?

You want to daisy chain cartridges at launch? (Equivalent to launching

mame genesis -cart1 sk -cart2 sonic3u

under the command line).

I think it's something missing in QMC2. But as QMC2 already knows how to live update the list of available slots, it can't be something hard to implement (perhaps it's already implemented and i didn't find it).

Everything explained here if needed : http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1

Last edited by remax; 10/22/15 10:57 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
If it's that, then remax is right, QMC2 doesn't support it yet.

M
M
1. Fair enough.

2. Could the "Application font" setting override my choice of fonts in the style sheet?

By the way, is there a tutorial on theming planned for the future? I mean, I can always look at the style sheets you've created and teach myself, but an extensive documentation on the capabilities of style sheets in QMC2 would surely draw interest.

3. I've set ".qmc2/" as my configuration path. The command I'm executing to run "qmc2-mame.exe" is:

qmc2-mame.exe -config_path ".qmc2/"

Strangely enough, running the command as described in the "Front end log" using a command window in QMC2's folder still works.

4. Yeah, I was talking about daisy chaining. Too bad I can't use "sk -cart2 sonic3u" as a cartridge in the device mapper. I even tried playing with the quotes using escape characters (backslash in this case), but that resulted in a "@invalid()" setting in "qmc2.ini".

5. Well, I'll go ahead and blame these two! laugh

http://www.mess.org/mess/howto#folder_files
http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/mameguide/mameguide-inifiles.html

P.S.: Thanks for the awesomely quick post! I greatly appreciate it!

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
2. I don't think so. Could you show me how you tried to do it? I just tested it with "qmc2-black" and it works fine for me:

Code:
QTabBar {
    background: qlineargradient(x1:0, y1:0, x2:0, y2:1, stop:0 rgb(128, 128, 128), stop:1 rgb(30, 30, 30));
    font: bold italic large "Times New Roman";
}

There is no plan for such a guide, mainly because there's the general Qt docs about it, but I agree that since there are some QMC2 internals you have to know in order to build a nice style sheet there's some potential for it. Well, when time permits and I'm bored I might add something to the wiki smile.

3. No, I meant if the path that's setup in the "arcade mode setup dialog" is the path that you expect?

M
M
2. Well, here's what I tried:

Click to reveal...
Code:
QLabel#labelLoadingMachineList,
QLabel#labelLoadingHierarchy,
QLabel#labelCreatingCategoryView,
QLabel#labelCreatingVersionView,
QListWidget#listWidgetFavorites,
QListWidget#listWidgetPlayed,
QListWidget#listWidgetSearch,
QTreeWidget#treeWidgetCategoryView,
QTreeWidget#treeWidgetVersionView,
QTreeWidget#treeWidgetMachineList,
QTreeWidget#treeWidgetHierarchy {
    border-image: url(stylesheets/qmc2-ui/bkground.png) repeat;
    font: "MS Sans Serif";
}

It's not really the brightest piece of code, I know. smile
By the way, the fact that you're even considering the guide's creation is pleasing enough. laugh

3. Yes.

The command I was referring to is the command shown in the "Front end log" when I launch "QMC2 Arcade".

Page 94 of 116 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (drewcifer, Pernod, Dorando, John IV, 1 invisible), 19 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,287
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com