I've tried using with ZiNc 1.0.1, and the following happened:
ZiNcGUI 1.921 - The ROM sets appear incorrect ZiNcGUI 1.94 - The ROM sets are OK
Tried configuring both (for graphics, sound, game settings) and it went OK, but once I run a game, the whole thing hangs up and crashes (ex. In SFEX2, the whole thing starts up nicely, but when I play it, it hangs up after the CPU says "Round 1, Fight!" and then crashes). An error window appears and says that the program encountered an error and has to be shut down. I tried other games and it does the same thing.
Hehe I wasn't really talking technically, just saying that the games ran better in ZiNc 1.0.1 compared to 0.9, especially in terms of SFEX2 (Extra Cancels do not drastically slow the emulator down, considering that I used the same renderer settings). I was just talking figuratively as to how cool 1.0.1 was :p
Anyway, do you have something that could help me with my problem?
I've noticed also that WB 1.6 plugin with ZiNcGUI doesn't work propierly, but I've tried all the games with Aldo's ZincFE and they worked fine (except 4 CHD games I haven't got them). The problem has started when I tried configuring my 2 different gamepads for player1 and player2. I always loved dafreak's one, but this time I must say Aldo's FE is functioning better. There were no crashes for me.
Zincgui shows wrong info about the romsets because there's a parse error with the creation of the dats. check the dats in notepad for the Tekken, dunk mania, soul edge games u'll see it's missing parent= info. do a zinc --list-games in a command line windows (Run -> cmd of command (w9x)) and check which parent should be included. save the dat(s) and press rescan roms. Fixed. It didn't have any effect on zinc, they just run weither zincgui showed it's correct or incorrect check ure roms with clrmame pro.
The only way to remap buttons on the default keyboard controller is to find a compiler, set it up so that u can compile the source of the controller (comes with zinc). once u succeed in that go and change the keys in the code and recompile.