Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 108 of 116 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 115 116
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Actually, MAME on Linux prefers that mame.ini be in "$HOME/.mame/mame.ini". we support the Windows-like fallback behavior to encourage converts ;-)

T
T
Feature Requests.
1. Is it possible to do a multiple column sort in the Machine List View? The issue arises if I sort the list by Manufacturer then the Machine / Clones column is out of order. I think 3 levels of sorting would be sufficient, i.e Sort By Column A, then by Column B, then Column C where the user chooses which columns to sort by.
2. Is it possible to have all of the columns available in the Favorites tab view like how they are available in Machine List tab view?
3. Is it possible to have an additional customizable "widget" pane. It would be nice to move the machine/emulator information tabs to another pane and be viewed at the same time as the preview screenshots.

Congrats on the the 10 years!

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
1) It is possible and does already work implicitly. It's just not restored at start-up (restoring that would slow it down).
2) Not in the current implementation, but there are plans to change this.
3) No, or not yet. But there are the "system- and software-notes" features which you can customize the way you like through an HTML5/JavaScript 'template'.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
T
T
1. Thanks - I mustve had an additional sort criteria that was throwing it off. This works fine.
2. Looking forward to this.
3. PERFECT. I will be able to do what I need here.
Keep up the great work.

P
P
Hi again! I hope you're well.
I've hit a problem and really hope there's a quick and simple remedy.
At some time last month Software Lists stopped displaying properly. Instead of various numbers for L, C, M, I, N, U and S, they all display 0. Instead of displaying lost of incorrect or unknown's, which it would do if, for example, my sets were wrong or not found, the Software list is totally empty. Worryingly, even my Favorites have disappeared. If there was a Path or set problem, it would simply show unfound Favorites, so it's not that. 'Check software states' does nothing. Everything is still empty.
How can I make it function again and retreive the soft list Favorites?

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
If that's with just a certain system or some, make sure the software-lists in question are enabled (click on the icon in the tool-box header's top-left corner, select "Visible software-lists" and then follow the menu - see here)... if that's with all systems, then clear the software-list cache and let it reload software-lists.

The software-list favorites are stored in the "user-data database"... if the software-lists they are from are set to invisible they aren't shown, though.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
If it's not related to what I've said above, and in case you can remember... what has changed "at some time last month"?

P
P
Thanks for the advice!
Interesting to learn about the 'Visible software-lists' options. I wasn't even aware they existed. As it happens, that wasn't connected to my problem.
Clearing the software-list cache fixed most of the problems. 'Checking software-states' now shows all the software list entries that should be there smile
Most of the software list Favorites are there, but strangely, not all for every system.
To investigate further (and learn more!) I found the database you referred to, called mame-user-data.db here on Windows. Unfortunately neither MS Access 2007, nor LibreOffice Base wanted to open it. Opening it in the Wordpad text editor however does show what appears to be names of all the Favorites, including for those systems that don't show up in QMC2. I suppose that means that they're there, but not being displayed for some reason.

As for remembering what changed over the past month or so, that's tricky. I'm a casual user and don't delve into every system on a regular basis. That means I don't know when the problems emerged. If you remember back to the previous version cycle, I ended up using the Win7 x64 builds of QMC2 that you kindly made for me. Annoyingly, I don't know if what happened, happened before that, after I using those builds, or only after the most recent stable releases of MAME & QMC2.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
You need sqlite3 to access the DBs correctly... well, could it be that some of the systems, software-lists or software-names in question have been renamed? They will not magically be renamed in the database, and there's no tool for that either (other than sqlite3).

Last edited by qmc2; 04/08/16 05:51 PM.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
This could also help: http://sqlitebrowser.org/

Page 108 of 116 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (AJR, 1 invisible), 19 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,286
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com