Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Duke Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Since I'm not planning to work on this any time soon, here's a challenge for someone (maybe it's a good project for a potential new developer too?) to write a MAME driver for the Regnecentralen RC702. This is an early Danish computer that can run CP/M.

There is a lot of info available, including an emulator and a technical manual (in English). Everything (including bootloader and character generator ROMs) can be found on this site: http://www.jbox.dk/rc702/index.shtm

This is very cool I think, I have an Altos 8000 with dual 8" floppies, Z80 and CP/M in my garage that I got cheap on a flea market that I intend to do later. There is probably some similarities between the two, so count me in as collaborator. Also I have a soft spot for scandinavian retro computers.

Because I can
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I have done what I can with this, the result looks just like the above photo.

However I cannot get it to recognise a floppy disk. If anyone wants to look at that, please do.

Internally, the system is made for 8 inch and 5 1/4 inch drives, however at this time I have hardwired the 5 1/4 inch settings until it can be made to work. The FDC is a uPD765.

There's lots more things to be done, but it's rather pointless while it won't read the disk.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,281
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com