04/13/18 07:29 PM
gbbgfdxg
I
Isamu Offline OP
Isamu  Offline OP
I
gbbgfdxg
Hi guys, good to see you all again it's been a while smile

I went back to playing some MAME and ultimately decided to go back to using QMC2. Downloaded the latest version and to my pleasant surprise everything appears to be the same *for the most part*. Got the games working and still working on getting things back the way I had it before my other HDD crashed.

Now, here's my question....I have already figured out where the "favorites" file is stored and have copied and pasted my old UME.fav file into the .qmc2 folder and renamed to mame.fav. This restored all my favorite games in QMC2(yaaay!). However....I'd like to copy over my list of favorite games for *EACH* "machine" I play(snes, genesis, etc). In the old QMC2 setup, I had several games in the "favorites" category within each console system. Where exactly is the file that contains this list of favorites and what is it called? I'm assuming it's in the .QMC2 folder contained in C:/users/"xxxxx"/.qmc2 correct? But which file is it? I just want to copy the favorites list and nothing else.

The developers of MESS have my sincere gratitude. Thank you guys.
Re: Copy and Paste "Favorites" for console games? [Re: Isamu] #113137
04/16/18 09:46 PM
04/16/18 09:46 PM
California
M
Monotremata Offline
Monotremata  Offline
M
California
Can you make a separate list for the actual console roms??? I have most of the consoles I play in my favorites, but I never found a way to add favorite roms?? I don't use MESS really though, its confusing to me compared to just firing up like NEStopia or SNES9x.. I don't have any of the software lists or anything either so I usually just browse for the ROM I want to play and do it that way on the rare occasion Ive tried to use MESS.

Re: Copy and Paste "Favorites" for console games? [Re: Isamu] #113141
04/16/18 11:16 PM
04/16/18 11:16 PM
USA
R
R. Belmont Offline
Very Senior Member
R. Belmont  Offline
Very Senior Member
R
USA
In what way is MAME confusing for consoles? You can either use the same loose ROMs you always have, or you can go to Pleasuredome and get the software list torrent and be able to pick games as if they were MAME arcade games.

Re: Copy and Paste "Favorites" for console games? [Re: Isamu] #113142
04/17/18 12:18 AM
04/17/18 12:18 AM
B2K24 Online happy
B2K24  Online Happy
Favorites are inefficient and irrelevant when it comes to QMC2. Get the software lists and you can literally scroll and find anything you've decided on in seconds. It's really that easy.
There's also a search bar as well as a played column. The played column keeps track of a stupid number of things you've launched that can basically be your favorites if you just launch games that you're interested in.

The software lists are a powerful and convenient resource when paired properly with QMC2. I highly suggest giving them a look.

Re: Copy and Paste "Favorites" for console games? [Re: B2K24] #113146
04/17/18 11:17 AM
04/17/18 11:17 AM
gbbgfdxg
I
Isamu Offline OP
Isamu  Offline OP
I
gbbgfdxg
Hi B2K24. I agree with mostly everything you said, and yes software lists are the way to go with QMC2 that's why I've always used them smile

I disagree however that the Favorites category of QMC2 is inefficient and irrelevant. Quite the opposite actually. You see, I had a nice collection of games I discovered in the QMC2 software list of my old QMC2 config folder. I still have access to the files in that old folder, but I need to know which file specifically correlates to the list of games I've added to the favorites category(WITHIN that specific machine/system). Reason being is simple, I tested out quite a few games and added them to the favorites because I enjoyed them, but we're talking way back in 2013 and I simply can't remember every single snes, genesis, Master System, Atari 2600, etc game I added to the list. Finding, copying and pasting the file that contains these games to my *NEW* QMC2 installation will solve this problem and allow me to enjoy those particular games again.

The developers of MESS have my sincere gratitude. Thank you guys.
Re: Copy and Paste "Favorites" for console games? [Re: R. Belmont] #113152
04/17/18 08:15 PM
04/17/18 08:15 PM
California
M
Monotremata Offline
Monotremata  Offline
M
California
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
In what way is MAME confusing for consoles? You can either use the same loose ROMs you always have, or you can go to Pleasuredome and get the software list torrent and be able to pick games as if they were MAME arcade games.

Thats probably why, I don't have the software lists (MAME+Extras, the No-Intro ROMS, and my DOSBox setup already take up enough space haha). Ive been using the No-Intro ROMs for so long its just second nature to fire up Nestopia and pick the one I want to play. In RetroArch I have favorites for each console I actually owned along with only the games I own so that setup works. It just took me awhile to figure out how to actually use those ROMs with MESS and by the time I did, eh, I just kept it the 'old way'. Ive never really seen anything comparing the two, but I still wonder, if the dumps are any better than the other between MESS or No-Intro? I did at one time have them, but it was awhile ago like maybe 0.154 or 0.155, and like the CHDs, I hated having to dig through them all just to grab the few systems I wanted (yes sometimes Im lazy haha).

I thought mentioning PD was a no no hehe? That reminds me I gotta do my last two weeks of the month Folding@home grind hahaha.

Last edited by Monotremata; 04/17/18 08:16 PM.

Moderated by  qmc2 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Edstrom, 1 invisible), 42 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,564
Posts111,885
Members4,805
Most Online225
May 26th, 2014