Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Someone said something about miscellaneous arcade WIP?

Here's a screenshot of the current netlist for Stunt Cycle:

The bus sprites are upside-down, the image cuts off after 256 pixels, and for some damn reason the score starts at 81. That said, for a schematic that I pretty much blindly transcribed into a netlist and then for which I fixed only one bug (swapped chip enables on the sprite ROM), I'm pretty amazed that anything at all is showing up. smile

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I'll just leave this here:

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
There, that looks a bit more like Stunt Cycle:

Typing in netlists can be dangerous work, because there's nothing stopping you from typing TTL_7402_NOR when you meant to type TTL_7400_NAND, seeing as the three parameters are the same for both. smile

S
S
"Gorodki" arcade [1] would be nice to see in MAME, and I thought I'd try learning how netlist works first before tackling it. Found a simple TV test pattern generator schematic in Soviet "Radio" magazine (June 1985) [2] and it mostly works (except the toggle switches - no idea how those work in netlist):

[Linked Image]

[1] http://gorodki.15kop.ru/
[2] http://www.radioway.ru/1985/06/generator_ispytatelnyh_signalov.html

H
H
I should perhaps mention the WIP in line with the previous aristmk5 screenshots (it's funny that a lot of the "arcade" WIP in this topic is "slot machine" WIP!)

The driver has come a long way since 2016 in that everything that isn't a bad dump now runs and has actually been playable since about 0.182 (once they have been set up of course; see aristmk5.cpp for setup instructions), however only a few games run without significant issues thus most of the games are still flagged as MACHINE_NOT_WORKING due to randomly crashing, or becoming completely stuck at a forced payout if a win was not an exact multiple of the coin value. In fact, all of the games were considered not working until very recently.

As this is a WIP topic, there's still a few things left, such as the Archimedes timing problems (see machine/archimds.cpp), getting the sound working in the older games and hooking up a bill acceptor. The games that require external communications (such as those from Queensland) may require a dirty hack to keep the games happy, as it may be next to impossible to acquire, dump and emulate a complete host server. The same applies for Hyperlink jackpot games, which save the progressive jackpot values on the server; the games are still playable however, they simply won't be paying any credits when a progressive jackpot is won (the US region Hyperlink games can also have the jackpot mode turned off completely and run as a normal full-pay game (e.g. don't use variation 5 in the set chips), but this is not possible with non-US games adonisce, qnilemm or rainwrce). Hyperlink games basically upload a tiny percentage of your bet amount to the server to add to the progressive prizes, and when a jackpot is triggered, downloads the appropriate jackpot amount to be added directly to the machine's credits and the server resets the jackpot back to its minimum amount.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (mahlemiut, 1 invisible), 32 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,940
Posts117,530
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com