It’s the moment you’ve surely been waiting for: the release of MAME 0.212! A huge amount of work has gone into this release in a number of different areas. Starting with the software lists, you’ll find hundreds more clean cracks for Apple II, the Rainbow on Disk collection for Tandy Color Computer, all the latest Game Boy Advance dumps, and thousands more ZX Spectrum cassette images. Chess computers now support chess piece simulation using the built-in artwork, support has been added for several more chess computers from Hegener & Glaser, Novag and Saitek, and the Tasc ChessSystem R30 is now working. Three Game & Watch titles, Bomb Sweeper, Gold Cliff and Safe Buster, have been added for this release.
Protection microcontrollers continue to fall, with Rainbow Islands – Extra Version, Choplifter, Wyvern F-0, 1943: The Battle of Midway and Bionic Commando no longer needing simulation, hacks or patches. In some cases, the dumps have confirmed that the protection had been reverse-engineered correctly and the simulation was correct, but it's still important to preserve these programs. It’s also important for people repairing these systems if the original microcontrollers have failed.
There are three important sound-related fixes in this release: FM Towns CD audio playback positions have been fixed, Konami System 573 digital audio synchronisation has been improved, and a special low latency mode has been added for the PortAudio sound module.
For more advanced users and developers, more functionality has been exposed to Lua scripts and plugins. The layout file format has been overhauled to better support systems that make creative use of LEDs and LCDs. Disassembler support has been added for the Fujitsu F2MC-16 and National Semiconductor CompactRISC CR16B architectures. And if you've been following along, you might notice that we’ve waved goodbye to a little more of our C legacy with the removal of the MACHINE_CONFIG_START macro and its associated crud.
We don't have space to list all the Apple II and ZX Spectrum software list additions here, but they’re in the whatsnew.txt file
. You get the source and Windows binary packages from the download page
.MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
New working machines
- 00349: [Graphics] (shaolins.cpp) kicker: Graphical artefacts after going through service mode tests. (Angelo Salese)
- 02060: [Graphics] (aerofgt.cpp) spinlbrk, spinlbrku, spinlbrkj: Incorrect graphics priorities. (Mamesick)
- 04159: [DIP/Input] (segas24.cpp) sgmast, sgmastc, sgmastj: Swing power input doesn’t work correctly. (Angelo Salese)
- 05516: [Misc.] Systems using TZX cassette format: [debug] Allocated memory is not freed correctly. (AmatCoder)
- 06231: [Interface] (poly88.cpp) poly88: Cassette is not working. (Robbbert)
- 06654: [Interface] (c64.cpp) c64: In some cases, changing slot cards and choosing RESET crashes MAME. (AmatCoder)
- 06655: [Interface] cgenie, coco3: Unloading and big changes in interface slots can cause crash. (AmatCoder)
- 06677: [Interface] MAME may crash when selecting a new machine if current machine has empty image slots. (AmatCoder)
- 06716: [Media Support] (spectrum.cpp) specpl3e: Fatal error when launching ZX Spectrum disks. (AmatCoder)
- 06756: [Interface] (nascom1.cpp) nascom2, nascom1: Cassette records no signal. (Robbbert)
- 06880: [Crash/Freeze] (coco3.cpp) All machines in coco12.cpp, coco3.cpp: UI/MAME crash when configuring MPI options. (AmatCoder)
- 07098: [Sound] (itech32.cpp) gt3d, gt97, gt98, gt99, gt2k, gtclassc: Incorrect sounds play during gameplay. (AJR)
- 07188: [DIP/Input] (zr107.cpp) jetwave and clones: Analog controls do not respond in game. (Hydreigon)
- 07331: [DIP/Input] (vsnes.cpp) pc_duckh, pc_hgaly, pc_wgnmn, duckhunt, hogalley: Lightgun games doesn’t work. (Enik Land)
- 07357: [Crash/Freeze] (taitojc.cpp) All sets in taitojc.cpp: Reset loop after startup screen. (AJR)
- 07362: [Crash/Freeze] (vii.cpp) jak_spdm, jak_pooh, others: [debug] DRC assertion failure. (Ryan Holtz)
- 07370: [Crash/Freeze] (namconb1.cpp) sws95, sws96, sws97: Crash during attract mode. (hap)
- 07373: [Gameplay] (iteagle.cpp) gtfore02, gtfore03, gtfore04, gtfore05, gtfore06 and clones: Games fail to boot. (Samuele Zannoli)
- 07377: [Crash/Freeze] Crash or segmentation fault when removing some slot cards. (AmatCoder)
- 07385: [Interface] (wrally.cpp) wrally: Coin inputs are don’t work. (O. Galibert)
New working clones
- The Boat [AJR, Roberto Fresca, TeamEurope, The Dumping Union]
- Commodore Chessmate [hap]
- Double Joker Poker (CGI) [Stu, hammy, The Dumping Union]
- Energopribor Debut-M [hap, Berger]
- Game & Watch: Bomb Sweeper [algestam, jeffpar, mattl]
- Game & Watch: Gold Cliff [algestam, hydef, Ewzzy, laurenstrenger, antimoof]
- Game & Watch: Safe Buster [algestam, Rygar9, Moose, foxxtrot]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto Berlin 68000 [Sandro Ronco]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto Mondial [CB-Emu, Sandro Ronco]
- Kazaam (handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle, handheldgamefan89]
- Novag Constellation [hap, Berger]
- Novag Savant [hap, Berger, Sean Riddle]
- The Open University Hektor III [Nigel Barnes, jltursan]
- Saitek Kasparov Corona (ver. D+) [hap, Berger, CB-Emu]
- Saitek Kasparov Turbo King (ver. D) [hap, Berger, CB-Emu]
- Super 21 [Roberto Freeze, Grull Osgo, TeamEurope]
- Tangerine/ETI Space Invasion (ETI) [Nigel Barnes]
Machines promoted to working
- Dragon World 3 EX / Zhongguo Long 3 EX / Dungfong Zi Zyu 3 EX / Chuugokuryuu 3 EX (ver. 101CN) [GC8TECH]
- F1 Super Lap (World, Unprotected) [Corral Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto B&P [CB-Emu, Sandro Ronco]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto Berlin 68000 London Upgrade [Sandro Ronco]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto Super Mondial (Ver B) [CB-Emu, Sandro Ronco]
- New Lucky 8 Lines (set 7, W-4, encrypted) [TeamEurope]
- Novag Chess Champion: MK II (ver. 2) [hap]
- Royal Casino (D-2608208A1-1, Smaller Board, set 2) [TeamEurope, The Dumping Union]
- Saitek Kasparov Corona (ver. C) [hap, Berger, CB-Emu]
- Saitek Kasparov Turbo King (ver. B, set 1) [hap, Berger, CB-Emu]
- Saitek Kasparov Turbo King (ver. B, set 2) [hap, Berger, CB-Emu]
- SciSys Kasparov Stratos (set 2) [hap, Berger, CB-Emu]
- Tangerine Micron [Nigel Barnes]
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time (4 Players ver UEA) [Stephan Suys]
- Wyvern F-0 [jordigahan, ClawGrip, The Dumping Union]
- Zip & Zap (Less Explicit) [system11, The Dumping Union]
Clones promoted to working
- David Griffiths DG680 with DGOS-Z80 1.4 [Robbbert]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto MM IV [Sandro Ronco]
- Ninja Gaiden (handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle]
- SciSys Kasparov Stratos (set 1) [hap, Berger, CB-Emu]
- Tasc ChessSystem R30 [Sandro Ronco]
- VEB Mikroelektronik Erfurt Chess-Master (set 1) [Sandro Ronco]
- VEB Mikroelektronik Erfurt Chess-Master Diamond [Sandro Ronco]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
- hack Mephisto MM IV (TurboKit) [Sandro Ronco]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto MM II [Sandro Ronco]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto MM V [Sandro Ronco]
- Hegener & Glaser Mephisto Rebell 5.0 [Sandro Ronco]
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (RK, bootleg) [hammy, ClawGrip]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
- Bingo Time [TeamEurope]
- Bonanza Enterprises' Joker Poker [TeamEurope, The Dumping Union]
- Coleco / Ganz Talking Wrinkles [hap, David Viens]
- Cue (Prototype) [The Sanctum, PinMAME]
- H/H Microcomputers H/H Tiger [Centre for Computing History]
- Kodai Ouja Kyouryuu King - Mezame yo! Arata-naru Chikara!! (Japan, Ver 4.000) (MDA-C0061) [SauraphaganaxRex, MetalliC]
- Lucky 21 [TeamEurope]
- Lucky 21-D [TeamEurope]
- Lucky 25 [TeamEurope]
- Lucky 37 [TeamEurope]
- Reuters Model SK 101 BL [MCbx Old Computer Collection]
- Silicon Graphics Inc Personal Iris 4D/25 [Patrick Mackinlay]
- Southwest Technical Products Corporation SWTPC 8212 [Robbbert]
- Space Byte 8085 [AJR, S100Computers.com]
- unknown Chang Yu Electronic gambling game 1 [TeamEurope]
- unknown Chang Yu Electronic gambling game 2 [TeamEurope]
New working software list additions
- Black Tiger (Modular System) [Juan Romero, Recreativas.org, ClawGrip]
- Casino Poker (Ver PM88-01-21, German) [TeamEurope]
- Gold Strike (Barcrest) (MPU5) (V1.00, Spanish, Bilso S.A.) [jordigahan, ClawGrip, Recreativas.org]
- Honeywell Bull Questar/M [rfka01, aquarius]
- Legend of Hero Tonma (Gaelco bootleg, Modular System) [ArcadeHacker, Recreativas.org, ClawGrip]
- Lion 3500 [rfka01]
- Octek Fox II [rfka01]
- Photo Y2K 2 / Chaoji Bi Yi Bi 2 / Dajia Lai Zhao Cha 2 / Real and Fake 2 Photo Y2K (ver. 100, Japanese Board) [GC8TECH]
- Tangerine Microtan 6809 System [Nigel Barnes]
- Video Hustler (bootleg, set 4) [f205v]
Software list items promoted to working
- apple2_flop_orig: 2400 A.D., Advanced Math Shop, Algebra Shop, Alice in Wonderland, Alternate Reality: The Dungeon (Version 2.1), Both Barrels, Bureaucracy (Release 116 / 870602), Congo, Copy II Plus (Version 2.0), The Dark Crystal, Dark Lord, Dr. Ruth's Computer Game of Good Sex, Enchanter (Release 15 / 831107), Escape!, Hollywood Hijinx (Release 37 / 861215), Infidel (Release 22 / 830916), Maniac Mansion, Math Shop, Math Shop Jr., Maxwell Manor, MECC-A279 Lewis and Clark Stayed Home (Version 1.0), MECC-A315 Freedom! (Version 1.0), Moonmist (Release 9 / 861022), The Neverending Story, Operation: FROG, Quadrant 6112, Sherwood Forest, Short Circuit, Space Shuttle: A Journey Into Space, The Sporting News: Baseball, Suspect (Release 14 / 841005), Suspended (Release 8 / 830521), Tetrad, Witness (Release 22 / 840924), World War III [4am, Firehawke]
- coco_flop: Rainbow on Disk 1986-10 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1986-11 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1986-12 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-01 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-02 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-03 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-04 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-05 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-06 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-07 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-08 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-09 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-10 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-11 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1987-12 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-01 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-02 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-03 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-04 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-05 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-06 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-07 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-08 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-09 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-10 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-11 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1988-12 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-01 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-02 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-03 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-04 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-05 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-06 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-07 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-08 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-09 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-10 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-11 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1989-12 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-01 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-02 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-03 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-04 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-05 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-06 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-07 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-08 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-09 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-10 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-11 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1990-12 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-01 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-02 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-03 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-04 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-05 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-06 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-07 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-08 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-09 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-10 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-11 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1991-12 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-01 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-02 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-03 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-04 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-05 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-06 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-07 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-08 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-09 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-10 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-11 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1992-12 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1993-01 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1993-02 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1993-03 issue, Rainbow on Disk 1994-01 issue [Firehawke]
- bbc_rom: Uniterm, Vax [Nigel Barnes]
- cd32: Vital Light (Amiga CD32 Special) [redump.org, FakeShemp]
- dragon_cart: Test De Conducción [robcfg]
- fmtowns_cd: Cat's Part-1, DOR Best Selection Gekan, G5, Gokko Vol. 01 - Doctor, Leading Company, Professional Mahjong Goku, Sekigahara, Shinjuku Labyrinth, Taiken Shiyou! Marty Channel [redump.org, r09]
- gba: Aging Cartridge (World, Rev. 1), Bibi und Tina - Ferien auf dem Martinshof (Ger, Rev. 1), Blue Angelo - Angels from the Shrine (Europe, Prototype 1), Blue Angelo - Angels from the Shrine (Europe, Prototype 2), Disney's Peter Pan - Return to Neverland (USA, Rev. 1), Dogz 2 (USA, Rev. 1), EX Monopoly (Jpn, Rev. 1), Hardcore Pool (Fra), Hunter X Hunter - Minna Tomodachi Daisakusen!! (Jpn, Rev. 1), J.League Pocket (Jpn, Rev. 1), The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (USA, Rev. 1), King Kong - The Official Game of the Movie (Euro, English / Swedish / Norwegian / Danish / Finnish), Matantei Loki Ragnarok - Gensou no Labyrinth (Jpn, Rev. 1), Paws & Claws - Pet Vet (USA), Pocket Monsters - Leaf Green (Jpn, Rev. 1), Power Pro Kun Pocket 5 (Jpn, Rev. 1), Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time (USA, Rev. 1), Racing Fever (Fra), Riviera - Yakusoku no Chi Riviera (Jpn, Rev. 1), Shrek - Swamp Kart Speedway (USA, Rev. 1), Sim City 2000 (USA, Rev. 1), SN Systems (Jpn), Strawberry Shortcake - Ice Cream Island - Riding Camp (Euro, Rev. 1), Super Dodge Ball Advance (USA, Rev. 1), Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (USA, Rev. 1), Tweety and the Magic Gems (Ned), Ultimate Card Games (USA, Rev. 1), Ultimate Card Games (USA, Rev. 2), Wizardry Summoner (Jpn, Rev. 1), Zoids Saga (Jpn, Rev. 1) [No-Intro, FakeShemp]
- ibm5150: SimEarth: The Living Planet (3.5", v1.1), SimEarth: The Living Planet (3.5", v1.3), SimEarth: The Living Planet (5.25", v1.1), SimEarth: The Living Planet (Europe, 3.5", v1.0) [Justin Kerk]
- mephisto: Mephisto HG 240 Opening Library [CB-Emu, Sandro Ronco] Mephisto HG 440 Opening Library, Mephisto HG 550 Opening Library [Sandro Ronco]
- mt65_cass: Columbia Word, PGM Design Aid, Space Invasion, TUG EPROM Programmer, Tan-Forth [microtan.ukpc.net]
- mt65_rom: 2-Pass Assembler v1.2, DASM, Fig-FORTH 1.2, HRG Toolkit, Microsoft BASIC, Microsoft BASIC (Mousepacket Colour VDU), PGM Toolkit, Space Invasion, Toolkit, Video 80/82 Toolkit, XBug 5.2, XBug 5.3 [microtan.ukpc.net]
- odyssey2: AMOK!, Calculator!, Pong for Videopac and Odyssey²! [Justin Kerk]
- saitek_egr: Endgame ROM (ver. 1), Endgame ROM (ver. 2) [hap, Berger]
- sorcerer_cart: System Software Basic v1.1 [Robbbert]
- ti99_cart: Myarc Extended Basic II [Michael Zapf]
- vsmile_cart: Disney's Princess Cinderella - Lernen im Märchenland (Germany, Rev. 204), Disney/Pixar Findet Nemo - Nemos Unterwasserabenteuer (Germany) [TeamEurope]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
fmtowns_cd: The Legend of Kyrandia [redump.org, r09]
spectrum_cass: Batman (set 8, The Hit Squad), Seymour - Take 1 (Minigame / Demo), Turbo The Tortoise (set 2, Codemasters), Wonder Boy (set 1), Wonder Boy (set 2) [AmatCoder, David Haywood]
Translations added or modifiedSource Changes
- cd32: Brutal Sports Series: Football, Cannon Fodder, Castles II: Siege & Conquest, Frog Feast (Demo), Gulp!, PGA European Tour, Pierre Le Chef is... Out to Lunch, Power Drive, Power-Games, Prey: An Alien Encounter, The Seven Gates of Jambala, Sheer Delight, Simon the Sorcerer, The Speris Legacy, Strip Pot, Subwar 2050, Summer Olympix, Super Methane Bros., Super Skidmarks (set 2), Superfrog, Surf Ninjas, Syndicate, Theme Park, Trivial Pursuit, Trolls, UFO: Enemy Unknown, Ultimate Body Blows, Wembley International Soccer, Whale's Voyage, Wild Cup Soccer, Worms, Zool 2, Zool: Ninja of the "Nth" Dimension [redump.org, FakeShemp]
- dragon_cart: AMTOR/AX25 [David Linsley]
- fmtowns_cd: Scavenger (1993-11-11) [redump.org, r09]
- gba: Farbe (Ger), Game Boy Advance Video - Shrek (USA, Rev. 6), Game Boy Advance Video - Shrek 2 (USA, Rev. 6) [No-Intro, FakeShemp]
- mt65_rom: DVWord, EPROM Programmer, XBug 5.2 (patched tape for 1.5MHz) [microtan.ukpc.net]
- vsmilem_cart: Disney Micky Maus Wunderhaus (Germany), Fussball Meisterschaft (Germany), Sportskanone (Germany) [TeamEurope]
• mc68hc11: Implemented more of the instructions, and cleaned up code. [68bit]
• tilemap: Added note about misleading variable names. [68bit]
• mc6846.cpp: Fixed timer modes. [68bit]
• m68040: Stop CINV DATA instruction from causing F-line exception. [AJR]
• wy100.cpp: Added keyboard, preliminary character display, and serial ports. [AJR]
• wy50kb: Fixed incorrect mapping for F4 key. [AJR]
• i8275: Calculate refresh rate from software-configured parameters. [AJR]
• Fixed calculation of TMS34010/020 shifted memory addresses for debugger save and load commands (fixes GitHub #5309
• Added disassembler and skeleton CPU device for CompactRISC CR16B architecture. [AJR]
• z8: Fixed calculation of half carry flag – Z8671 BASIC no longer prints “12” when the result is 18. [AJR]
• m37710: Added internal clock divider. [AJR]
• itech32.cpp: Use generic latch device for sound communications, and added second latch to 68EC020 systems. [AJR]
• cw7501, cdr4201: Added preliminary Creative CD-R 4210 and Panasonic CW-7501 SCSI CD-ROM devices. [AJR, Metropoli BBS Archive, Dirk Best]
• mcs51 disassembler updates: [AJR]
* Restored some 8052 special-function register and bit names for more advanced models.
* Added a few more T2-related names to disassembler.
* Added i8xc51fx and i8xc51gb disassemblers with additional special-function register and bit names.
* Removed i80c51 from unidasm (differences from i8051 are not significant).
• poly88, poly8813: Added S-100 bus. [AJR]
* Moved Video Terminal Interface and additional RAM to S-100 cards, and added skeleton disk controller card.
• i8155: Update port outputs on mode change. [AJR]
• tzx_cass.cpp udpates: [AmatCoder]
* Add 1 ms pause to ensure the last edge finishes properly at the end of the tape.
* Fixed loading of Generalized Data blocks.
* Fixed pulses on Standard Data blocks.
• dsk_dsk.cpp: Corrected sector size for some copy-protected tracks (fixes MT06716
• namcos2.cpp: Removed ROZ optimization hack as it caused missing backgrounds in Phelios. [Angelo Salese]
• usgames.cpp: Changed drawing to use 6845 row update callback – fixes screen alignment. [Angelo Salese]
• seibucop.cpp: Fixed flipped sprite alignment in macro $C480 – improves SD Gundam Rainbow stage 3 mid-boss. [Angelo Salese]
• nemesis.cpp updates: [Angelo Salese]
* Changed machine configurations to use raw screen parameters.
* Fixed raster interrupt generation for Hyper Crash (fixes coin insertion and gameplay glitches).
• taito_en.cpp: Improved MB87078 divider ratios – fixes regression with Taito F3 volume control being too quiet. [Angelo Salese]
• senjyo.cpp: Fixed long-standing regression in background pixel layer width/enable handling. [Angelo Salese]
• riscpc.cpp: changed rpc700 to use proper ARM710a core, and fixed video transfers. [Angelo Salese]
• pgm.cpp: Added notes, improved metadata, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
• dooyong.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Added tilemap attribute callback, implemented tilemap ROM limits, and added support for masked tilemap priority.
* Updated notes and metadata.
• nmk16.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Moved Afega-specific code to a derived state class.
* Invalidate tilemaps when RAM bank is changed.
* Cleaned up twinactn Oki sound ROM bank switching.
* Changed Afega games to mono sound output and fixed sound output balance.
* Derive clock frequencies from crystals/oscillators found on boards.
• cps1.cpp: Moved palette initialization into machine configuration. [cam900]
• deco32.cpp: Reduced runtime tag map lookups and cleaned up code. [cam900]
• seta2.cpp: Verified sound tempo and pitch, and CPU clock frequency. [cam900]
• pgmprot_igs027a_type3.cpp: Corrected ARM7 CPU clock frequency for killbldp. [cam900]
• vamphalf.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Don’t change screen resolution and refresh rate when changing flip screen state.
* Restricted sprite drawing to clipping rectangle.
* Reduced duplication, added notes, and cleaned up code.
• qvt103.cpp: Implemented basic screen rendering. [Dirk Best]
• att630.cpp: Implemented screen rendering, and added more information to address map. [Dirk Best]
• falco5220.cpp: Identified keyboard addresses, and implemented RAM banking and preliminary graphics. [Dirk Best]
• bionicc: Correctly hooked up microcontroller, fixed audio CPU non-maskable interrupt source, and removed hacks. [Dirk Best]
• 1943.cpp: Replaced microcontroller simulation with emulation. [Dirk Best, Brian Troha, TeamEurope, The Dumping Union]
• nes, sms: Fixed light gun regressions. [Enik Land]
• 315_5124: Adjusted horizontal screen positions based on new research. [Enik Land, Charles MacDonald]
• k573dio: Fixed played sample count reporting. [Eric Vidal]
• Added an ultra-low-latency mode for PortAudio sound output module. [Eric Vidal]
• luaengine.cpp: Added accessors for snapshot target size, screen refresh interval, and snapshot bitmap. [feos]
• Disable UI startup screens when using the dummy video output module. [feos]
• MIDI: Fixed reception of several System Common messages. [Golden Child, R. Belmont]
• Added a sensorboard device mainly meant for chess piece simulation, and updated all chess drivers to use it. [hap, Sandro Ronco]
• ti99: Added support for for RAM-only standard cartridges (Myarc Exbasic II), and fixed RS-232 card DIP switches. [Michael Zapf]
• i386: Added hardware breakpoint support. [MoochMcGee]
• Moved UI colors and menu metrics into MAME UI manager class. [Nathan Woods]
• mc6847.cpp: Respond to changes in the video artifact configuration. [Nathan Woods]
• Lua engine updates: [Nathan Woods]
* Exposed effective frame skip from video manager.
* Exposed sound manager and natural keyboard objects.
* Added support for saving snapshots to absolute paths.
* Added ability to set input sequences on I/O port fields and exposed more properties.
* Exposed more device_image_interface properties and fields.
* Separated plugin options from core options, simplified boot.lua and made enabling/disabling non-existent plugins fatal.
* Added support for multiple semicolon-separated paths in the -pluginspath option.
* Added support for profiling Lua.
* Added ability to disable UI input from Lua.
• Moved the clipboard paste function from the MAME UI manager to the natural keyboard class. [Nathan Woods]
• Added an option to skip showing the file manager for mandatory slots on start. [Nathan Woods]
• mindset updates: [O. Galibert]
* Added floppy drives and LEDs.
* Implemented more video features, including 80-column mode, and improved blitter.
* Implemented I/O traps and display VRAM lookup.
• mindset: Added mouse and joystick inputs, improved palette, and added more register details. [O. Galibert, Al Kossow]
• ncd16: Fixed BERT QLC mode work, allowing terminal to boot. [O. Galibert]
• floppy: Added initial implementation of weak zone emulation. [O. Galibert]
• via6522: Changed most users to install handlers using map delegate. [O. Galibert]
• i186: Fixed bug in end-of-interrupt write handling. [O. Galibert]
• mk14: Added original SCIOS V1 monitor as a BIOS option. [Nigel Barnes]
• Overhauled microtan.cpp driver: [Nigel Barnes]
* Added TANBUG V3.1, TANBUG V.3B, TUGBUG V1.1 and TANBUG V1 monitor ROMs as BIOS options.
* Replaced XBug with original 0.75 MHz version (fixes cassette loading).
* Added Micron system (MT65 and Tanex boards only).
* Implemented the Microtan motherboard backplane and moved Tanex to slot device.
* Implemented additional Tanbus expansion cards.
* Added Space Invasion (ETI) and preliminary Microtan 6809 System emulation.
• Added SeeQ 8003 Ethernet data link controller device. [Patrick Mackinlay]
• Added Weitek WTL3132 floating-point coprocessor device. [Patrick Mackinlay]
• nscsi_cd: Made SGI CD-ROM identify as hard disk (SGI Personal Iris depends on this). [Patrick Mackinlay]
• apple2gs: Fixed game port regression. [R. Belmont]
• Added Fujitsu F2MC-16 disassembler, initial CPU core, and preliminary MB90610A and MB90611A microcontroller devices. [R. Belmont]
• enmirage: Use PWM device to get readable LED messages. [R. Belmont]
• mac128, mac512: Added preliminary GCC HyperDrive hard disk interface expansion (not working). [R. Belmont, Guru]
• fmtowns_cd.xml: Replaced disk images lacking offset correction and pre-gaps with dumps matching the redump.org database. [r09]
* Also expanded and corrected metadata.
• fmtowns.cpp updates: [r09]
* Fixed CD-DA start/end position (should be relative to beginning of table of contents).
* Fixed crash on out-of-bounds palette writes in 16-color mode.
• dbp7000: Added initial Framestore and Brush Store Card devices. [Ryan Holtz]
• pockstat: Modernized logging and machine configuration, and cleaned up code. [Ryan Holtz]
• Removed MACHINE_CONFIG_START/MACHINE_CONFIG_END and almost all remaining MCFG macros. [Ryan Holtz]
• midtunit: Added debugger commands for logging DMA drawing bitmaps in PNG format and metadata in JSON format. [Ryan Holtz]
• debugcon: Added helpcustom command to display help for custom debugger command registered by devices. [Ryan Holtz]
• SGI Newport graphics updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* Split out XMAP9, CMAP, VC2, and RB2 to separate devices.
* Merge popup, overlay and CID planes into a single buffer to better reflect hardware behavior.
• Removed support for TEXFORMAT_PALETTEA16 (16-bit indexed with alpha). [Ryan Holtz]
• aviio: Added support for reading uncompressed RGB24 and YUV420p format video frames. [Ryan Holtz]
• scc68070: Moved Quizard microcontroller simulation to cdi.cpp, and modernized logging. [Ryan Holtz]
• tascr30: Added display, inputs and SmartBoard. [Sandro Ronco]
• agat.cpp: Added basic Agat-9 emulation, including video, Apple-compatible mode, and low-level floppy drive emulation. [shattered]
• De-unrolled pixel-drawing loops in various devices and drivers. [shattered]
• Made layout format more flexible and deprecated artwork “layer” concept. [Vas Crabb]
• apple2_flop_clcracked.xml: Added several hundred more cleanly cracked software items. [4am, Firehawke]
• nemesis.cpp: Improved Bubble System interrupt sources and timings, and expanded notes. [ArcadeHacker, Lord Nightmare]
• toki_ms.cpp: Dumped missing PROM for tokims. [ArcadeHacker, Recreativas.org, ClawGrip]
• naomi.cpp: Dumped “Sammy Atomiswave MPSYSTEM” four-cabinet splitter device. [Brian Hargrove]
• mpu5.hxx: Added PIC microcontroller dump to m5gstriks (not properly hooked up). [Caps0ff, jordigahan, ClawGrip]
• rbisland.cpp: Dumped the Rainbow Islands - Extra Version C-chip data EPROM. [Caps0ff, Kevin Eshbach]
• Added dump and skeleton device for Philips CDD2000 CD-R. [Cyberia/2 Filebase]
• spectrum_cass.xml: Documented some hacks that are actually engine re-implementations. [David Haywood]
• sorcerer_cart.xml: Added developer for ssbasic. [exidyboy]
• cd32.xml: Added additional information. [FakeShemp]
• gba.xml: Added cartridge information from No-Intro. [FakeShemp]
• cps1.cpp: Re-dumped sf2rk. [hammy, Clawgrip]
• cps1.cpp: Dumped full ROM set for sf2m6. [hammy, The Dumping Union]
• zr107, gticlub, nwk-tr, hornet: Changed default DIP switch settings and changed input descriptions. [Hydreigon]
• Added dump and skeleton device for Caravalle CD-R N820s. [I-Shou University File Server]
• spectrum_cass.xml: Added proper metadata for MicroHobby stuff. [ICEknight]
• bfm_ad5.cpp, bfm_sc5.cpp: Dumped PLDs from the Bellfruit Scorpion Five main PCB and ISS Adder 5 Video Card. [jordigahan, ClawGrip]
• hiscore.dat: Updated for latest changes in MAME. [Leezer]
• model2.cpp: Dumped correct sound ROMs for Sega Rally DX sets. [Mattia Negri]
• system1.cpp: Re-dumped Choplifter microcontroller, allowing ROM patches to be removed. [Porchy]
• at.cpp: Added additional RAM and BIOS options, and updated some notes and metadata. [rfka01]
• wyvernf0.cpp: Dumped and hooked up 68705 microcontroller. [Sean Riddle, jordigahan, ClawGrip, David Haywood]
• cps1.cpp: Dumped CDT 21 ROM for dinoa. [SHVB]
• socrates.cpp: Verified that French system and cartridge ROMs match existing dumps. [TeamEurope]
• konmedal.cpp: Dumped color PROMs for Fuusen Pentai. [TeamEurope, SpinalFeyd]
• spectrum_cass.xml: Added thousands of tape images. [TZX Vault, SPA2, Steve Brown, Andrew Barker, Paul Hurd, Tony Barnett, Claus Jahn, Donald Graham, Guy Bearman, Jose Luis Soler, Krasimir Hristov, Andrew Blood, Dave Stevens, John Wilson, Edwina Brown, Walter Pooley, Tomaz Kac, Martijn van der Heide, Ramsoft, Dunny, Woody, Mikie]