Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 330 of 331 1 2 328 329 330 331
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115879 09/10/19 08:45 AM
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
CN-17 on the MCU label.

Re: Bubbles. So, Fire(WS) has them, Turtle Bridge does not. And Fire Attack has the very faint ones you speak of (no need to simulate those).
This nicely coincides with when Nintendo switched from SM5A to SM510. In other words, they redesigned the LCD manufacturing along with changing the design to another MCU.
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/hh_sm510.cpp#L61

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: notknown] #115880 09/10/19 01:09 PM
C
crazyc Offline
C
Originally Posted by notknown

Originally Posted by crazyc
Here's a lua cheat that works with the change just pushed for zelda that sets the clock. Put it in "cheat/gnw_zelda.json" and run mame with "-plugin cheat" and look in Plugin Options/Cheats.

It seems to be giving me an error: attempt to index a nil value(global 'os')

You need to get https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m...ec4148244dfae586e/plugins/cheat/init.lua .

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: notknown] #115881 09/10/19 05:41 PM
I
ICEknight Offline
I
Here's a list for Hydef of which G&Ws have dots/bubbles in them.

Can you please take pictures so that Hydef can see how they look?

LCD artwork scans and cleanups: https://mega.nz/#F!uFYSzK7S!U-lJon9jsqyoCX_3y7_KLA
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115883 09/10/19 10:43 PM
H
Haze Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
"Yes I indeed should have been more specific with Balloon Fight. (Apparently one of the floating sound clips, when first pressing the eject button, is longer than the other floating sound clip, when pushing eject more than once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfPGQvuulUA This is the real hardware version for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLjQCX4LH00 )"

is an extended version of the Balloon Fight report posted by 'TheOldGamerGuy' on my YouTube channel.

This is of course using my old video as reference, so if there have been any fixes since then it might not be valid, although 'floating sound' doesn't sound like a melody issue in the first place?

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: crazyc] #115888 09/11/19 04:32 AM
N
notknown Offline
N

Here's a lua cheat that works with the change just pushed for zelda that sets the clock. Put it in "cheat/gnw_zelda.json" and run mame with "-plugin cheat" and look in Plugin Options/Cheats.

It seems to be giving me an error: attempt to index a nil value(global 'os')

You need to get https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m...ec4148244dfae586e/plugins/cheat/init.lua .

Oh wow that's awesome it works!
I do have some feedback though. The cheat set it to 12 pm instead of am, and the alarm didn't work because of this I'm assuming.

Is there a way to make the cheat toggle activated to make sure the time is synced at all times? The main issue I have is that since it's emulation the timing might not be spot on and drop out of sync. That's the biggest issue I have with the clock in these G&W emulations.

I might try to mess with the script myself but I never messed with lua before.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: Haze] #115889 09/11/19 07:11 AM
H
hal3000 Offline
H
Originally Posted by Haze
"Yes I indeed should have been more specific with Balloon Fight. (Apparently one of the floating sound clips, when first pressing the eject button, is longer than the other floating sound clip, when pushing eject more than once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfPGQvuulUA This is the real hardware version for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLjQCX4LH00 )"

is an extended version of the Balloon Fight report posted by 'TheOldGamerGuy' on my YouTube channel.

This is of course using my old video as reference, so if there have been any fixes since then it might not be valid, although 'floating sound' doesn't sound like a melody issue in the first place?

Thanks Haze, I'll look into this. There hasn't been any fixes done to balloon fight since it was released. I have no idea on what a floating sound might be but I will compare the game in MAME to the physical game and see if I figure it out smile

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: notknown] #115893 09/11/19 02:29 PM
C
crazyc Offline
C

I do have some feedback though. The cheat set it to 12 pm instead of am, and the alarm didn't work because of this I'm assuming.

Do you mean noon or midnight? The G&W clock seems to have 12 am as midnight and 12 pm as noon which how the cheat works (or at least should).

Is there a way to make the cheat toggle activated to make sure the time is synced at all times? The main issue I have is that since it's emulation the timing might not be spot on and drop out of sync. That's the biggest issue I have with the clock in these G&W emulations..

Change "on" to "run" and it'll reset the clock every frame. Does the clock drift that quickly though?

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115894 09/11/19 02:59 PM
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
G&W clock is fine with the games I tried it on, even after a few playing sessions. It will go out of sync if you play with savestates or press fastforward(INS key), but that is obvious.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115895 09/11/19 05:35 PM
H
hal3000 Offline
H
Regarding the sound problem in Balloon Fight, I found an incorrect tone in the melody ROM and a fix has been committed. Thanks for reporting this issue!

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: crazyc] #115897 09/11/19 07:09 PM
N
notknown Offline
N

Do you mean noon or midnight? The G&W clock seems to have 12 am as midnight and 12 pm as noon which how the cheat works (or at least should).

Is there a way to make the cheat toggle activated to make sure the time is synced at all times? The main issue I have is that since it's emulation the timing might not be spot on and drop out of sync. That's the biggest issue I have with the clock in these G&W emulations..

Change "on" to "run" and it'll reset the clock every frame. Does the clock drift that quickly though?

So I tested the clock script at 12 am (midnight) and it made it set to 12pm. Stranger yet, I tried cycling through time setting mode ( alarm + time) and it actually was stuck on pm for like 2 cycles until it hit am instead.

It's probably why the alarm didn't work.

As for time drifting, I know emulation and accuracy is important but the fact that emulation can sometimes drift from 100% correct timing is what concerns me about the clock drifting. It's why I the idea to sync the clock is so nice to make the clock actually functional. That and any pauses in the emulation itself.

Edit: It is set to pm regardless of wheter it's am or pm on the system, but again, when entering time change mode, it cycles through pm twice before jumping to am at 12, and then it's fixed.

Last edited by notknown; 09/12/19 12:19 AM.
Page 330 of 331 1 2 328 329 330 331

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (zino, 1 invisible), 40 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,683
Posts114,012
Members4,863
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019