Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 213
Senior Member
OP Offline
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 213
So far, the compile didn't go well but I am quite confident to be on the right way. The linker failed to put everything together due to some missing reference between sources, from what I've seen I must review the way I have instructed BX/BGFX to skip the error and the debugger truncation, I will try to make it working instead of cut away the code. A last question: if I replace all the "vector" occurrences in MAME source with "__vector" may I fix at least the "does not name a type" error? In the meantime I have restored the MachineExceptions.h vector declaration

Last edited by MacBox360; 03/18/20 06:54 AM.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 213
Senior Member
OP Offline
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 213
Well, I have almost fixed all the compile errors but the linker fails miserably, here is the error:

final section layout:
    __TEXT/__text addr=0x000024C4, size=0x017F6554, fileOffset=0x000014C4, type=1
    __TEXT/__text_cold addr=0x017F8A18, size=0x00020840, fileOffset=0x017F7A18, type=1
    __TEXT/__text_startup addr=0x01819258, size=0x0001BED4, fileOffset=0x01818258, type=1
    __TEXT/__text_cold_coal addr=0x0183512C, size=0x00000EE4, fileOffset=0x0183412C, type=1
    __TEXT/__symbol_stub1 addr=0x01836010, size=0x0004D1B0, fileOffset=0x01835010, type=27
    __TEXT/__cstring addr=0x018831C0, size=0x0006A8CE, fileOffset=0x018821C0, type=12
    __TEXT/__const addr=0x018EDA90, size=0x00158FB5, fileOffset=0x018ECA90, type=0
    __TEXT/__info_plist addr=0x01A46A45, size=0x00000223, fileOffset=0x01A45A45, type=0
    __TEXT/__eh_frame addr=0x01A46C68, size=0x0055A394, fileOffset=0x01A45C68, type=18
    __DATA/__dyld addr=0x01FA1000, size=0x0000001C, fileOffset=0x01FA0000, type=29
    __DATA/__nl_symbol_ptr addr=0x01FA101C, size=0x00008AB0, fileOffset=0x01FA001C, type=28
    __DATA/__la_symbol_ptr addr=0x01FA9ACC, size=0x0001346C, fileOffset=0x01FA8ACC, type=26
    __DATA/__mod_init_func addr=0x01FBCF38, size=0x0000047C, fileOffset=0x01FBBF38, type=32
    __DATA/__data addr=0x01FBD3B8, size=0x0001B128, fileOffset=0x01FBC3B8, type=0
    __DATA/__static_data addr=0x01FD84E0, size=0x0000010F, fileOffset=0x01FD74E0, type=0
    __DATA/__const addr=0x01FD85F0, size=0x000D2530, fileOffset=0x01FD75F0, type=0
    __DATA/__gcc_except_tab addr=0x020AAB20, size=0x000FC305, fileOffset=0x020A9B20, type=0
    __DATA/__cfstring addr=0x021A6E28, size=0x00000090, fileOffset=0x021A5E28, type=16
    __DATA/__bss0 addr=0x021A6EB8, size=0x000108F0, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__pu_bss0 addr=0x021B77A8, size=0x00080000, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__pu_bss4 addr=0x022377B0, size=0x00100014, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__bss3 addr=0x023377C8, size=0x00000598, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__bss4 addr=0x02337D60, size=0x0000A410, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__pu_bss3 addr=0x02342170, size=0x00000020, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__pu_bss2 addr=0x02342190, size=0x000012E8, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__common addr=0x02343478, size=0x0000240C, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__bss1 addr=0x02345884, size=0x000045A0, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __DATA/__bss2 addr=0x02349E24, size=0x00075650, fileOffset=0x00000000, type=24
    __OBJC/__module_info addr=0x023C0000, size=0x00000120, fileOffset=0x021A6000, type=0
    __OBJC/__message_refs addr=0x023C0120, size=0x00000048, fileOffset=0x021A6120, type=14
    __OBJC/__cls_refs addr=0x023C0168, size=0x00000014, fileOffset=0x021A6168, type=14
    __OBJC/__image_info addr=0x023C017C, size=0x00000008, fileOffset=0x021A617C, type=0
ld: bl PPC branch out of range (25310156 max is +/-16MB): from start (0x000024C4) to _main (0x018258D0) in start from /usr/lib/crt1.10.5.o for architecture ppc
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [../../../../../mame] Error 1
make[1]: *** [mame] Error 2
make: *** [macosx_x86] Error 2

I must admit it was an interesting challenge, I have learned a lot looking inside the MAME sources and browsing a lot the web. Not everything is clear (I have no knowledge about this kind of language) but I start to see the structure and rules behind the build process and this was extremely useful in planning the modifications to try.
I will do more experiments in the next days... :-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (R. Belmont), 21 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by
Forum hosted by