Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 352 of 352 1 2 350 351 352
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: DarthMarino] #117048 03/17/20 03:38 AM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 167
R
Rik Offline
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
R
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 167
Originally Posted by DarthMarino
I don't think there's anything I will change on Crab Grab since it doesn't really have a background image to clean-up or rework. I'm pretty happy with everything on my drive. Someone requested a unit-only with black background view for the Table Top units, so I will be adding those soon, that's likely it for any major changes.


Should the little ovals around the Game A/Game B buttons be silver on the 'white version'? I can't tell if that would be the chromed plastic, or if that is part of the (I assume) aluminum sticker with the printing on it...

Just being nit-picky! Never seen these in person. smile

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: Rik] #117049 03/17/20 11:04 AM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 22
D
DarthMarino Offline
Member
Offline
Member
D
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Rik
Originally Posted by DarthMarino
I don't think there's anything I will change on Crab Grab since it doesn't really have a background image to clean-up or rework. I'm pretty happy with everything on my drive. Someone requested a unit-only with black background view for the Table Top units, so I will be adding those soon, that's likely it for any major changes.


Should the little ovals around the Game A/Game B buttons be silver on the 'white version'? I can't tell if that would be the chromed plastic, or if that is part of the (I assume) aluminum sticker with the printing on it...

Just being nit-picky! Never seen these in person. smile


Not nitpicking at all. I checked and they are indeed white. Good call! I have updated it.

Game & Watch Artwork

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #117095 03/30/20 10:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,128
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Offline
Very Senior Member
H
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,128
Electroplay Quickfire (1979).
It's a toy from my childhood, my memory of it rosier than the actual game. I didn't remember the title or manufacturer until I stumbled on it a few weeks ago. Not knowing the MCU, it was an expensive gamble to purchase it, but I did it anyway. It's a TMS1000, Sean Riddle decapped the MCU and traced the PCB. And now it is emulated in MAME.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #117099 03/31/20 07:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 22
D
DarthMarino Offline
Member
Offline
Member
D
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 22
Some months ago there was a discussion about the "original" version of Fire mentioned in Game & Watch Gallery 3. They claimed that the building was supposed to be on the right and the LCD maker made a mistake. It's all very vague but they had a playable version like that in Gallery 3. I "recreated" it in MAME. You will need MAMEUI since the altered SVG causes an error but you can bypass it in UI. Artwork and new SVG are in a "Fire-Reversed" folder in my artwork drive:

Game & Watch Artwork

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #117100 03/31/20 08:06 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,128
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Offline
Very Senior Member
H
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,128
left/right would need to be swapped too I guess? Maybe something for HBMAME :p

Here is Football 4 for the Entex Select-A-Game Machine, decapped/dumped by Sean.
It's on a TMS MCU (the other emulated games are on a Hitachi MCU).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: hap] #117101 03/31/20 08:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 22
D
DarthMarino Offline
Member
Offline
Member
D
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by hap
left/right would need to be swapped too I guess? Maybe something for HBMAME :p


Yes, I mention that in the instructions. I did just notice that the "impact" LCD segments when you miss a guy on the left don't work. Playable otherwise.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: hap] #117107 04/01/20 09:31 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 371
S
ssj Offline
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
S
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by hap

Here is Football 4 for the Entex Select-A-Game Machine, decapped/dumped by Sean.
It's on a TMS MCU (the other emulated games are on a Hitachi MCU).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]


Great to see this one dumped and emulated! Does this mean the remaining Select-A-Game games can now be dumped as well? I don't recall if they all used the same MCU.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #117108 04/01/20 09:41 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,128
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Offline
Very Senior Member
H
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,128
List of games in driver comments:
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/sag.cpp

There weren't many games in the 1st place, 6 total, 3 remain. HD38800 is possible to dump electronically.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #117109 04/01/20 09:53 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 124
H
hal3000 Offline
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
H
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 124
Great work with adding these games! smile

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: hap] #117112 04/02/20 01:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 371
S
ssj Offline
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
S
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by hap
There weren't many games in the 1st place, 6 total, 3 remain. HD38800 is possible to dump electronically.

Sean is in possession of the 3 remaining carts right? Or was it kevtris, iirc ranger_lennier sent them all to someone.

Page 352 of 352 1 2 350 351 352

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 87 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,764
Posts115,179
Members4,889
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3