Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#117638 08/07/20 06:09 PM
OP Offline
Hi everybody! First of all I'd like to thank all the mame devs for their awesome work! You're great! 8 Years ago I reported on mametesters a major bug of excting soccer 2 https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5026
I'm not asking for it to be fixed, I know it would be rude to make requests. I just wanted to mention that right on mametesters it had been discussed by some devs of mameteam that the bug could most likely have been a bad dump of the proms and so I was wondering if it shouldn't be reported while loading the game. Thank you for your attention and thank you again for your extraordinary work.

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
I'm inclined to agree that it needs a dump of the PROM from a real (not bootleg converted) Exciting Soccer 2 PCB, so should probably be flagged as bad_dump, yes.

OP Offline
Thank you so much for the reply, Haze! I like your work on Mame! I've forgotten to say that there is an owner of an excting soccer 2 board if Devs agree on redump need: https://www.arcade-museum.com/members/game_census.php?klov_id=7729

H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Sure, I'd love to see a redump of:

prom1.e1
prom3.k5
prom2.8r

OP Offline
Hi everybody! I've read from the commits that excting soccer 2 has been redumped and added correct PROMs. Thanks to all involved!!!
I was just wondering if it has fixed the bug reported here: https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5026. Thanks!!

O
O
Yes, that's why it's marked as fixed wink

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Osso
Yes, that's why it's marked as fixed wink

Hi Osso! Thank you for your reply! I've seen that it has been marked as fixed but using a compiled mame 0.255r76029x64 with the new PROMs I've seen that the bug is still there. I'm sorry if I seem like a pain in the *** but it's a bug which appears only after scoring a certain number of goals. here some screenshot of it: https://postimg.cc/gallery/vVPCtdL
After 1st goal... 2 cheers... 2nd goal 3 cheers... 3rd goal 4 cheers and so on... on 3 match cheers changes color and after score they go in reverse....

O
O
The bug report says that after you score the second goal the bug appears. I verified that with the new PROMs there's no bug after the second goal. Please add the additional informations to the bug report, so that it can be tested further.

O
O
BTW, since we're both Italian can you send me the bug description in Italian via Personal Message? I don't think I'm understanding correctly what you mean.

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
The bug report is that in the 3rd match, the colours are sill bad (you don't even have to score a goal, the cheerleaders are at the top of the pitch)

At this point, since the correct PROMs are being used (unless they're fake ones made by a board owner for a conversion) it's starting to seem more like a real game bug..

Last edited by Haze; 10/07/20 11:30 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (R. Belmont), 24 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,836
Posts116,222
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020