Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 42 1 2 40 41 42
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
It shouldn't be using more memory than 0.227 to compile as far as I'm aware. Maybe something else running is using a lot of memory?

S
S
Okay, this time I took a closer look at running applications and memory usage at compile-time and tracked the issue to something on this end. Thanks for your help in sleuthing this out.

R
Rik Offline
R
I have a possible noob compiling question here. smile
I'm trying to compile a very specific build of MAME (handheld games only). I can set it to the specific drivers easily enough which eliminates most of what I don't want, but some drivers have things in them that aren't games (like hh_tms1k.cpp has a bunch of TI Calculators). I'd like to remove individual games from a driver during compile. Is there an easy way to do this?
Do I have to comment out parts of the driver itself (is just commenting out the game drivers lines at the end of each one enough?) or can I set up something during the compile to just ignore some? (That would be ideal so I don't have to keep altering the drivers when I pull down updates from .git...)

-Rik

J
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
J
You can comment out the GAME() or CONS() or COMP() macros at the end of the driver for starters, but then you'll most likely wind up with errors related to symbols defined but not used, since there will now be functions that are implemented but not used by anything. So you'll probably need to follow the errors down a bit of a rabbit hole until you've commented out enough things to make the compiler happy.

Page 42 of 42 1 2 40 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 18 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,909
Posts117,034
Members4,986
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com