Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
On Mac OS X (10.13) the keystrokes I type into the debugger and also being sent the to driver. I think this doesn't happen on Windows.

I've looked into fixing the situation, but it looks complicated. I think I'll somehow have to add any debugger windows created to osd_common_t::s_window_list.

Then keep osd_common_t::s_window_list ordered based on getting, and losing focus to the various windows.

Then somehow filter specific keystrokes out if the main window isn't an emulation window.

If anyone has some advice I'd sure appreciate it.

tim lindner
tlindner@macmess.org
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
As far as I'm aware debugger keystrokes go to the emulation on all platforms. There's definitely some weirdness on the Mac in terms of how the debugger updates. I need to get back to making OSD=mac (full native Cocoa) work, because as long as we're running on SDL we can't solve that.

Last edited by R. Belmont; 05/05/21 01:10 AM.
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Tim is correct; debugger keystrokes stay in the debugger in Windows and don't leak into the emulation. It's only certain keystrokes from the UI that can leak.

Perhaps keys might leak if I chose another debugger, but I only tried the default Windows one.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
All UI keys leak; that's been a problem for as long as MESS has existed.

G
G
Just a suggestion : there were keyboard controls that could disable/enable keyboards from the Keyboard Mode menu that came in recently, maybe you could leverage that somehow?

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,974
Posts117,896
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com