Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 377 of 395 1 2 375 376 377 378 379 394 395
S
ssj Offline
S
Space Revenger is a cool one, then I guess the other games of that series like Brave Firemen will be similar. I should still have my Brave Firemen unit somewhere.

Maybe sean could help with those if you don't mind having them decapped if course.

H
H
Yes, Space Revenger is a cool one. I'm guessing the other games in the series will be similar but still worth checking. If you have Brave Fireman it would be great if could check out the MCU type.

I've collected a bunch of games with blob type MCU:s to eventually send over to Sean smile

H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Originally Posted by kevtris
That board was sold by all electronics sometime in the early 90's. I know, because I bought several of them. It was some kind of electronic scrabble game. Pretty sure it's this:

http://www.electronicplastic.com/game/?company=&id=740

I pulled the 14 segment displays and ULN2804's off the boards for re-use and the balance is long gone. All electronics had a habit of selling weird stuff like that; I bought three brand new super a'cans from them for $4.99 each in the late 90's.

Sean has that one too, and his has a Panasonic MN1405 MCU. What MCU is on yours?

S
ssj Offline
S
Originally Posted by hal3000
If you have Brave Fireman it would be great if could check out the MCU type.
I should still have it, but somewhere in storage will try to find it next time I'm scaveging for something in there.

Do we have a list of all dumped/acquired tronica games? There are still some decent deals showing up every now and then (less and less often though), but since I'm not sure of what's already secured I normally don't jump on those since I already bought a few stuff in the past just to find out it was already acquired by someone else.

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
I have at least one vertical 3-screen white one that was sent to me by u-man, and then I think there's another vertical 3-screen white one that I have. There's also a horizontal 3-screen brown one as well that's sitting at the office. I don't recall the names of any of them, though.

R
Rik Offline
R
I think Monkey Kingdom and Treasure Island are the only tri-screen Tronica's I know of:
https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tronica/MonkeyKingdom.htm

https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tronica/TreasIsl.htm

Is that the layout you are referring to as 'vertical'?
Games laid out the other way might be a V-Tech Tri-screen like this:
https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Vtech/RabbitHop.htm

But there's probably Tronica's I've never seen too... smile

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Yeah, I'm confusing VTech for Tronica, my mistake. I'm pretty sure the brown one, Monkey Kingdom, is the Tronica one that I've got.

S
ssj Offline
S
Yeah there are no tronica vertical 3 screen games the only ones are Monkey Kingdom and Treasure Island afaik. Those are pretty expensive now so it's great that at least one of them is secured.

Would be nice to check those VTech games as well, VTech also had a bunch of nice games including their tabletop series which I don't know if someone already looked into to find out which MCU they use?

H
H
I've aquired a VTech Water Polo a time ago. It has an epoxy covered MCU which I haven't been able to do much with.

When it comes to aquired and dumped Tronica games, I've got Football (with a cracked display) and Spider has been bought and awaiting delivery.

R
Rik Offline
R
Originally Posted by ssj
Yeah there are no tronica vertical 3 screen games the only ones are Monkey Kingdom and Treasure Island afaik. Those are pretty expensive now so it's great that at least one of them is secured.
Has anyone actually played both of these? It's hard to tell for sure from the pictures on my site, but it kind of looks like they might be the same game, just with different LCD panels. The artwork on both of the games seems to suggest the object is to get away from someone/thing throwing stuff at you...

Originally Posted by ssj
Would be nice to check those VTech games as well, VTech also had a bunch of nice games including their tabletop series which I don't know if someone already looked into to find out which MCU they use?
I've opened a tabletop before, and it's still just a blob like the little handhelds... So would require a decapping to figure it out.

Page 377 of 395 1 2 375 376 377 378 379 394 395

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Praxis), 16 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,069
Posts118,918
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com