Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#119612 08/27/21 02:50 AM
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
MAME 0.235

What’s in store with MAME 0.235? First of all, the lost unencrypted version of Rafflesia has resurfaced, ending a long saga! A genuine copy of Bubble Buster, an early North American version of Puzzle Bobble, has been found, and a prototype of Tecfri’s Sauro known as Sea Wolf has been dumped. This release includes an update to BGFX and fixes for the long-standing issues with YUV decoding, so LaserDisc games can be played with BGFX shaders.

Konami Viper emulation now has sound support thanks to Windy Fairy, and a big batch of unlicensed multi-game cartridges for NES/Famicom are now playable. As usual, the Apple II, FM Towns and PC-98 software lists have been updated with the latest dumps.

You can find out about all the updates in the whatsnew.txt file, or get the source and 64-bit Windows binary packages from the download page.

Read the rest of this entry »

1 member likes this: robcfg
Vas Crabb #119618 08/27/21 06:16 PM
S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
Official MAME 0.235 Twitter and Facebook links!

https://www.facebook.com/mamedev.org/posts/2919237854992535

https://twitter.com/mamedev_org/status/1431319260807278597

If you can support MAME on social media, please show our social media posts some love with Likes/Loves/Retweets/Shares/etc.! smile

Vas Crabb #119620 08/28/21 08:38 AM
=
=
Sorry, but I detest the mindedness of the big social media companies (data vampires spreading personalized hate brainwash for moneymaking - websearch "Cambridge Analytica") and hence will never become member there.

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

{weltenschule.de}
=CO=Windler #119621 08/28/21 09:52 AM
J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Originally Posted by =CO=Windler
Sorry, but I detest the mindedness of the big social media companies (data vampires spreading personalized hate brainwash for moneymaking - websearch "Cambridge Analytica") and hence will never become member there.

Nobody gives a fuck.

2 members like this: zillion, Darkstar
Vas Crabb #119622 08/28/21 03:15 PM
Maybe Stilletto needs to start changing the last line to this:

If you can support MAME on social media, please show our social media posts some love with Likes/Loves/Retweets/Shares/etc, if not STFU!

wink

I personally hate social media for what it has done to the world and the cesspool it is, but you don't see me whining about it all over the place (present post excluded). Because seriously, no one cares that "I" (or you) don't like it. And the more your rag on it the more you're going to get flamed.

MrBogi #119623 08/28/21 06:35 PM
S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
Originally Posted by MrBogi
Maybe Stilletto needs to start changing the last line to this:
I personally hate social media for what it has done to the world and the cesspool it is, but you don't see me whining about it all over the place (present post excluded). Because seriously, no one cares that "I" (or you) don't like it. And the more your rag on it the more you're going to get flamed.

Truthfully I don't much care for it either - but I can at least acknowledge that it's become a necessary evil over the years. If you as a business or organization aren't present there, then you are gonna miss some key part of your target audience. Especially in tech/gaming fields. I mean, where else am I gonna drop a Polybius joke that someone might get? laugh

Not just MAME but several other hobbies put pressure on me to learn the ins and outs of social media in order to represent them there - because otherwise no one was gonna do it, see above sentence for why that's a bad idea in general. Anyhow, I am no expert but I do okay.

Anyhow, this is all a bit off-topic.

2 members like this: MrBogi, R. Belmont
Vas Crabb #119626 08/29/21 05:23 AM
=
=
Sorry for the OT post. Social media filterbubble algorithms systematically rip all the straw out of people's heads and throw it onto one giant stack til it self-combusts and sets the world on fire. This makes them so harmful and fundamentally different from former flames in old usenet threads (where only fools replied to fools those actively searched for such contents). The monopoly of those bigdata companies is a disease of mankind. Private personal data is not a "new oil" to be dwelled for profit - it's the new plutonium that needs very strict proliferation laws to restrict where it can be sold at all. Social media should be services of public law or collectives based on peer-to-peer technology (like usenet) and not stock companies working as data vampires to sell our souls eh data for profit.

(Better do not trust them. And that is to say, there may easily come a day when (c)-trolls automatically ban all MAME related contents from those platforms and start witchhunting its users through AI based fully automated dissuasion mafia, as soon as desk-doers capriciously decide emulators to be harmful for their sales revenue of new game app ads. - Culture preservation is not crime - it's a human right!)

{weltenschule.de}
Vas Crabb #119627 08/29/21 08:00 AM
X
X
I would add that social media are badly named... They should be named stalker media because they do everything apart from creating social link between people.
For 2-3 years now, I see young people at 23-25 year-old with social issues when onboarding company teams:
- They don't want to eat with other people of the team as they'd rather eat alone than sharing time with people they don't know since childhood.
- They don't have any motivations to do actual work. They should be given the exact task they should do i.e. something that can be given to a computer... but then why hiring people?
- They do have anxiety when being among a group of more than 3 to 6 people (depending on this young person).
- They don't really like having social time (e.g. coffee breaks) besides interacting through their smartphones.
- They are clumsy in their interaction with new people or when in large groups.

When I was young, my parents always told me not to spend that much time on TV and video games. Now that spending all their time on screens is normal for the young generation and that they've been raised this way, I can say that it's really bad because they don't know how to behave with people they don't know and prefer to remain secluded. Children should really be forbidden from using any kind of mobile screens (smartphones, tablets and laptops) at least until 10-12 year-old to acquire social skills with people outside of their inner social circle.

Not everybody from the young generation are like that but a large amount of them are really like that...

Last edited by xinyingho; 08/29/21 08:03 AM.
Vas Crabb #119628 08/29/21 09:41 AM
J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Can all of you with an axe to grind over social media please shut the fuck up and get the fuck back on-topic, which is MAME, please? Go confer with the rest of the nutters via carrier pigeon or some shit and let the people who enjoy things continue to enjoy them.

4 members like this: Stiletto, robcfg, Darkstar, MrBogi
Vas Crabb #119632 08/30/21 02:42 AM
=
=
The once biggest social media platform Yahoo Groups closed its gates in December 2019 and deleted over 20 years of collected precious world knowledge in the name of moneymaking. This exterminated also many irreplaceable retrogaming, arcade and repair info sites existing since late 1990th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo_Groups

(Before this culturocide I desperately managed to download a gigabyte content from synth repair and historical computer forums - a drop in the ocean.)
cry

The problem was that many classic forums lost their moderator long ago, and after a cyberattack drowned in thousands of spam postings (often some 100 important texts buried under some 10k spam including p0rn and banned content). While most were in the photos and files folders, each caused a text posting "A new file has been uploaded...", making also the discussion boards unusable, because these messages on top could be only skipped by scrolling down dozens of pages, which deterred all new users and so doomed these forums to die. But instead of automatically removing only spam (which could have been easily automated 99.9% by AI due to the repetitive nature of multiposts), Yahoo tended to randomly erase the entire forum if anybody dared to complain there about spam, which pi55ed off all new serious users until the company made no profit anymore and decided to shutdown everything, replacing with a push mail service by proclaiming that modern users "want" that so.

An erasure of this magnitude is equivalent to the wilful causation of an archive disaster of national importance, and needs to be prevented by law and prosecuted like a terrorist attack destroying major cultural heritage sites. The knowledge loss to the mankind by the extinction of Yahoo Groups can be only compared with the Alexandrian Library burning.
😱 😱 😱

Such things happen when social media platforms are stock companies; they are neither obligated to their users nor the public but solely their quarterly figures. They behave irresponsible and are not trustworthy in any way as a place for knowledge and culture preservation. Members are not their customers but ware that is sold and kicked out if unsuited to increase profit. That's why I rebel against the presumption that everybody naturally needs to be on Facebook or Twitter to be counted or give feedback to anything. Sorry.

{weltenschule.de}
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (r09, Pernod), 15 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,089
Posts119,114
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com