Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
After loading some Arcade games. The reading/loading error pop up on this one.

After close MAME the reading/loading error went away after reload MAME. Same Arcade game that had that reading error. Does this a lot. More than one Arcade game. I don't know there is a limited on checking or what is causing this. What do you think what is cause this issue?

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
MAME doesn't have a "limited [sic] on checking", no.

Most likely scenario is one of two things, either:
A) You have some background process - a virus scanner, some "PC optimizer" software, something - that temporarily holds exclusive access to a given file handle or otherwise interferes with MAME's ability to read files from your drive, or
B) Your hard drive or SSD is dying.

D
OP Offline
D
Both hard drives in showing green so that not the issue on the newer iBuyPower computer.

Yeah I think something messing with the MAME. Happen to both of my iBuyPower computer. Could be the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I have it on both computers.

I use the TrrntZipUI to pack these into 7z. Faster than the t7z that I was using. But I don't remember having that issue when I used the t7z. I should re7z these sets using the t7z to see the issue go away. Just to test some out to see. If the issue still there then test some out in plan zips.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
D
OP Offline
D
Microsoft Defender messing with it. Warning pop up for the first time. https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthrea...ded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Olivier Galibert), 30 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,974
Posts117,896
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com