Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gspat Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi!

So, I'm looking for info about the new Winning Spike set being added for 237 for a quick WIP youtube video about it, and have a quick, possibly really dumb question.

There's not really a lot of info on the web, so I took a look at the konamigx.cpp file to see if there's any info there.

One section says the following:

Winning Spike and the Type 4 games use a new protection chip
made from a Xilinx FPGA. See type4_prot_w for details.

So I thought, cool!, it's type 4! I didn't know there were 4 types earlier so great!

But then I looked further down and saw that it's nestled in with the type 2 boards?

So...

I'm guessing, (because me?) that it's a type 2 board with the protection from a type 4 board, because it came out 4 years after the konami GX boards were first produced and it only has 1 screen?

Am I close or way off base? Is there any other distinction among the board type 2 boards besides winning spike's protection chip?

Hoping the questions aren't too dumb?

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Winning Spike is Type 2 but with the Type 4 protection chip. "Winning Spike and ALSO the Type 4 games use a new protection chip" would be a bit clearer I guess.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Olivier Galibert), 45 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,981
Posts117,966
Members5,003
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com