Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
I'm reading about layout collections and it says that you can hide/show collections:

https://docs.mamedev.org/techspecs/layout_files.html#collections

but I can't quite figure it out from the example given:
Code
<view name="LED Displays, CRT and Keypad">
    <collection name="LED Displays">
        <group ref="displays"><bounds x="240" y="0" width="320" height="47" /></group>
    </collection>
    <collection name="Keypad">
        <group ref="keypad"><bounds x="650" y="57" width="148" height="140" /></group>
    </collection>
    <screen tag="screen"><bounds x="0" y="57" width="640" height="480" /></screen>
</view>

seawolf.lay

This system uses lamps for key gameplay elements. Blending modes are used for the translucent colour overlay placed over the monitor, and the lamps reflected in front of the monitor. Also uses collections to allow parts of the layout to be disabled selectively. The shapes on the overlay are drawn using embedded SVG images.

I can see the collections, I just can't figure out how to hide and show them other than putting visible="yes" or "no" in the attributes.

My plan was to be able to show/hide the imagewriter's control panel by clicking on a button.

I did figure out that you can have multiple view entries in your layout and the names will show up in video options which is pretty cool. So I could have a view without the control panel, but it'd be nice to have a button in the layout that could toggle it on/off.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Video options menu.

G
OP Offline
G
Oh, ok I made a collection named "Imagewriter Control Panel" and I see how it shows up in the menu. Cool.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I still want to make a button in the layout or have a keystroke to toggle it 8-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Fake Shemp, 2 invisible), 31 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,974
Posts117,891
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com