Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
simzy39 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I've finished my list of undumped Konami 'plate' and 'surf' handheld series: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dx-L7s6B7L8_kfbHWEpT8G5UL5xMe86EqNVONry4mHE/edit#

Anyway, there is one that is a Japanese baseball game with no information anywhere except here https://handheldmuseum.com/Konami/Baseball.htm

Well, it's now for sale in Spain on: https://es.wallapop.com/item/maquinita-baseball-japan-konami-lcd-game-watch-489507636

This might be the rarest Konami 'surf' handheld, since I've not found a record of anyone owning it or knowing what it is.

Do you think it is a unique game or is just a Japanese face/branding of the Major League Baseball game? If it's unique, can someone please buy it to dump (I can't spare cash right now.).

The 2nd rarest 'surf' game is probably 'Top Gun: Second Mission' because it took a long time for me to even know it existed. Lots of lists don't mention it.

Last edited by simzy39; 11/22/22 02:42 AM.
S
simzy39 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I think it is just a Japanese release of the USA 'Major Leadue Baseball', no rom difference. But the chip/cover is worth documenting (maybe there is a rom difference). Anyway, a collector would need this item.

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
If you want these things dumped and preserved, start buying them. Your posts are starting to border on spam at this point.

You seem to have self-appointed yourself as some sort of "organizer", but as far as I can tell you're either unable or unwilling to put any skin in the game yourself. Part of what motivated people to donate towards the Game & Watch preservation effort was the fact that I was mounting up quite a bit of my own funds, and I was hitting the right niche of communities. I also didn't spam the hell out of everyone.

H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
I wouldn't bother with regional title changes, eg. claiming Nemesis is undumped when if it's just the Japanese version of the Gradius handheld.
The baseball game I added yesterday was from a Ganbare Baseball btw.

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
public discussions of this kind of thing also risk significantly increasing asking prices.

posting that you found a handheld for some ridiculous sum, just because one seller decided to try and sell it for that just ends up creating a feedback loop whereby other people will find the posts and also start trying to charge ridiculous amounts even if the units, are in reality, worth maybe 1/20th of that.

we've seen this time and time again.

better to discuss these things in private, with the people actually dumping them / scanning them etc.

M
M
Be advised that seven of the Surf games you have marked as "no"... I already sent to Sean earlier this year... and then he picked up another one on his own.

As RB would say... "Sit back and wait for cool things to happen."

He also has more than a few of the Bemani ones that I sent over... hasn't worked out how to dump those yet.

RELAX and just have fun.
Remember, it's all about the games. smile
S
ssj Online Content
Online Content
S
We should probably have a list of what games are already secured, it's nor the first time I buy something and then find out someone else already bought it or is already in the queue for being dumped. It's pretty frustrating when this happens as the money could have been used to buy something else that's still needed.

S
simzy39 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
If we have lists like this in Google docs with 'anyone can comment' enabled, then people can just comment a 'secured by me' or whatever.
My doc allows comments.

What do you want a list of? I might make one. I was thinking of doing one for Tiger handhelds.
Also, Mr. Do -- what are the 7 you've sent off, so I can add the comment in my list?

And, can someone confirm if the 3 baseball games are the same rom (Major League Baseball, the Japanese version, and Bottom of The Ninth?

S
simzy39 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
@ssj
What about something like this? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DtPITPiszqnPNj-s55aC2DievqRGn79yj9NXdEU--4o/edit?usp=sharing
That's just a live spreadsheet. Under the 'dumped' category, we can select: Yes, No, Secured, Unnecessary

This list can easily be kept private and only the dumpers of handhelds can take over access to it, and people who want to add to the list/access it can request access. Also, we can give people comment access, and people just leave a comment over the game they've secured. It'd be easy to check what people have got.

It can have notes, CPU, images of the handhelds, etc.

We can keep adding as many pages as needed.

Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
Why are you so intent on inserting yourself into the middle of things? Hand-held games have arriving steadily, the people actually involved in dumping them seem to be doing OK.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Walker), 20 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,132
Posts119,651
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com