I've had a pair of ld-decode captures of a Pioneer LaserActive game converting in the background while capturing footage for an upcoming video. The stacking and conversion seemed to go nicely, and so I decided to take an evening's break and poke at some shiny instead.
It's not much, but it beats the system just hanging on a static screen.
The Labtam 3000 apparently needs a second 8086 card installed to boot CCP/M-86.
That make 3 Multibus cards in total to run this OS:
the Z80SBC handles the floppy drive and bootstraps the others
the first 8086 VDU/COMM card drives the video and serial ports (and I think keyboard)
the second 8086 CPU card runs 8086 software
The 8086 card is actually the same hardware, with DIP switches configured slightly differently and different firmware. Anyway, now that it's reporting an actual problem instead of just waiting for something which never happens, it should be possible to progress further.
We have some initial PCMCIA support in MAME, that is used by Konami/Taito systems. I'm currently looking at extending this a bit and adding it to the Amiga driver. Here's a screenshot of an SRAM PCMCIA card on the A600 driver:
Not sure this is WIP but it's a new dump I just did :-) ROMs are on their way out, had to read them at 4.9V to get consistent reads as these shitty Intel tsop flash ROMs are beginning to die now and don't read the same on multiple reads at the nominal 5 volts. Board was stickered TES3 VER.B but is actually an undumped TES3VER.A set. This is the final plain Tekken 2 version before they went to Tekken 2 VER.B on the title screen (which is TES3VER.B / tekken2ub in MAME) I plugged this in overwriting the ROMs for the tekken2a set and it fired right up :-)
Yeah, that was the one. That board was an absolute fluke I found it in the wild, I picked up that decrepit thing on eBay just so I could sit an arcade PCB in the collection with the other Tekken collectibles e.g. Pop vinyls and PS1/2 games (my cutoff is Tekken 5/DR). The eBay listing didn't even show the Ver.C sticker or mention anything about it, just that it was a Tekken 3 JAMMA PCB. When I received it and saw the TET2 VER.C label underneath it I just had to get it preserved. IIRC the some of the other stickers showed that it had been in New Zealand at one stage even though I bought it in Australia (also IIRC it was a 1997 board mashed up with a 1999 board). Took a while for me to actually send it though due to laziness followed by a Real Life™ incident a couple of months ago.
I took a number of photos of the PCB showing its layout and damaged areas (capacitor on CPU board ripped off, minor damage on ROM board over components near JAMMA connector etc.) but the camera's SD card randomly corrupted itself only a couple of days ago, not sure if I can get the photos back or if they've been overwritten or completely garbled like the filenames were (inserting it into a PC shows the 900CANON folder with a dozen or so garbage filenames and two (three counting one deleted) more recent photos I took before I noticed the others were missing, and certainly not the 600+ photos it previously had).
Edit: Just aced it in 1:57.80 with Yoshimitsu on default settings (first power on, no time release characters etc.) Ran it as tekken3b without bothering to compile MAME (used an ancient 0.152 build on my shitty second PC which can't handle Tekken 3 in anything later - I had to actually rename it tekken3ab in that version as World/Asia regions were the wrong way around). Stupid thing crashed though when I alt+tabbed back to Firefox so I lost my record! Got some screenshots in its low-res 512x240 glory before it crashed however.