Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr. Do Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Not sure what I did wrong...

[*]Followed directions HERE to compile regular MAME... that worked yesterday no issues
[*]Followed directions under "Optional additional packages - SDL" to include additional files
[*]make OSD=sdl clean -j9... it looked like this just cleaned out files, then back to the prompt
[*]make OSD=sdl -j9... everything seemed like it compile fine... but...
[*]run SDLMAME, and I get error similar to mentioned HERE...
[*]but instead of missing "libgomp-1.dll"... I was missing "libstdc++-6.dll"
[*]copied those over to System32 folder...
[*]run SDLMAME again... no more missing DLLs... but get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

Pretty sure user error... but don't know what I'm doing wrong... and guessing error is something to do with 64-bit vs 32-bit?

(And I can't even do a list correctly on this forum =P )

RELAX and just have fun.
Remember, it's all about the games. smile
J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Yes, you're guessing correctly. You copied the wrong DLLs.

In the future, please try to provide information about your system. The paths and error messages at least make it clear that you're on Windows, but things like your OS version, whether you're running 64-bit vs. 32-bit, etc. are all pretty basic stuff that should be provided upfront.

M
Mr. Do Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Sorry... it's late over here... Windows 11 22H2 64-bit... sometimes I assume I've been here long enough that people know I always keep things up to date... stupid... I know...

And I already worked it out, just after reading your comment and thinking clearly for two more seconds... I copied over three dlls from mingw32 instead of mingw64... I'm all good now.

Thank you!

Side note... after reading the github issue linked above... if I had added \msys64\mingw64 to my path... they would have linked to sdlmame.exe, and I wouldn't have needed to copy the files over to SYSTEM32 manually?

RELAX and just have fun.
Remember, it's all about the games. smile
Online Content
Originally Posted by Mr. Do
Side note... after reading the github issue linked above... if I had added \msys64\mingw64 to my path... they would have linked to sdlmame.exe, and I wouldn't have needed to copy the files over to SYSTEM32 manually?
You never need to copy anything to SYSTEM32, I don't know where people get this idea from. You can just drop the DLLs in the same directory where your EXE is

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pernod), 23 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,911
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com