Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 233
I
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
I
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 233
This is turning out to be a great front-end. Some requests:

- the ability to have clone sets underneath the parent set, like the way MacMAME does it with indentation).

- option to hide the BIOS sets (maybe I missed this setting)

- toolbar button for Random Game

- option to hide the window displaying the information when a game is run.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,383
Likes: 98
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,383
Likes: 98
Isaac:
  • You can have clones grouped with parents, it just doesn't indent them (look in the View menu). Maybe indenting them is a good idea.
  • BIOS sets are fully-fledged games - it should do what the machine does when run with no cartridge. I more people want to hide them, I might implement it, but identifying them is an issue. The option to hide non-game entries hides things like source file comments.
  • That's a good idea. I might do it.
  • Could you be more specific? The main window? The info drawer? The SDLMAME run log? If you run games full screen, you won't see the info, anyway.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 233
I
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
I
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 233
Quote:
You can have clones grouped with parents, it just doesn't indent them (look in the View menu). Maybe indenting them is a good idea.
Indenting is more like I had in mind. Something like MacMAME's outline view with the open/closed triangles.
Quote:
BIOS sets are fully-fledged games - it should do what the machine does when run with no cartridge. I more people want to hide them, I might implement it, but identifying them is an issue. The option to hide non-game entries hides things like source file comments.
Yeah i tried that option thinking it would do it.
Quote:
Could you be more specific? The main window? The info drawer? The SDLMAME run log? If you run games full screen, you won't see the info, anyway.
The runlog. I do run in full screen, but closing that window everytime to play another game can get annoying. I wouldn't be so bad if it would display the next game's runlog in one window, but it opens a new window for every new gameset. How about a drawer with that window connected underneath the main wndow, like transmit does it for FTP?

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 108
CRP Offline
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 108
What can I say? I like it a lot!!!
I could still add some feature requests, but I guess I'll enjoy your work and let you rest on your laurels for a bit wink

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 64
N
nf_ Offline
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
N
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 64
Works great here, thanks! I like it a lot.

You should get a nice icon for your application ;-)

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,383
Likes: 98
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,383
Likes: 98
Isaac, I guess I could add a preference to automatically close the run log if SDLMAME exits cleanly. I put it in because when there are problems, working out what's wrong can be difficult if you have to dig up the Console. Because the MacMAME and SDLMAME launchers are plugins, it's hard to make them integrate with the main window.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 233
I
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
I
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally posted by Vas Crabb:
Isaac, I guess I could add a preference to automatically close the run log if SDLMAME exits cleanly. I put it in because when there are problems, working out what's wrong can be difficult if you have to dig up the Console. Because the MacMAME and SDLMAME launchers are plugins, it's hard to make them integrate with the main window.
Ah, understood. Great work on the front-end though. It's shaping up nicely laugh

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 64
N
nf_ Offline
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
N
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 64
Is it just me or is launching games using the latest sdlmame broken? I tried a couple of games but they all give me the following error :

Error: unknown option: -nolightgun
Exited with status 1

Joined: May 1999
Posts: 586
Likes: 1
Senior Member
Offline
Senior Member
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 586
Likes: 1
That unknown option should not be the cause of your problem (but it wouldn't hurt either to remove the corresponding line from the .ini file).

FWIW, sdlmame works fine for me (only the debug version is giving me troubles).

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,923
Likes: 57
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,923
Likes: 57
No, actually it should fail if the frontend is passing that on the commandline. This is more evidence that you are not running u4, Carbon smile

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (MrBogi, starlord, 1 invisible), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com