Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
N
Hi All!

Nice FrontEnd, you did a good work!

I can execute it with MacMame and it works fine... I can play the games and see the whole game list...

When I choose SDLMAME, I can not "choose" the location of the binary...

I follow the help step by step...

I have the next files

* ~/Documents/MacMAME User Data/Categories/catver-Mac-0.97u1/Genre 0.97u1
* ~/Documents/MacMAME User Data/Categories/catver-Mac-0.97u1/VerAdded 0.97u1
* ~/Documents/MacMAME User Data/Misc Support Files/history.dat
* ~/Documents/MacMAME User Data/Misc Support Files/mameinfo.dat
* ~/Documents/MacMAME User Data/Reports/MAME Game Info.xml

When I press the "Choose" button in the Options Menu, nothing happens... I reload files, and it still not working...

I can see the complete game list but I can't choose the SDLMAME binary. Why?

Can be the SDL libraries? I compile SDLMAME and generate the binary well (I have a mamepm file)

I use the MameInfo.dat 1.09....

Thanks a lot!!!

CRP Offline
Hi Vas, I just got myself a Mac Mini Intel, and tried installing your frontend+sdlmame onto it. Upon selecting Preferences->SDLMame->Options I am unable to click on the Choose button, nor can I write into the nearby textbox to input the path to the sdlmame executable. What am I missing? I never had this problem on my iMac G5.

Thanks!

N
N
Hi...

CRP, I had the same problem. You have to install a previous versiom MacMAMEInfoX (for exaple 0.7.1). Then you have to configure all info files and the "SDLMAME path" clicking in the "Choose" Button... (now you are able to do it)

Then, when you have all configured, install the last version (now is 0.7.3). This way you can use SDLMAME.

Now I can use SDLMAME but I a have a problem. When launch sdlmame, I have an error. It does not recognize the -artwork and -noartwork flag frown Any solution??

Thanks!!!

CRP Offline
I fixed the problem opening the program's preference file with plist editor and setting the path there manually. Now both button and textbox work as supposed....

N
N
Can you play with SDLMAME and MacMAMEInfoX??

I dont understandt why get an error... can I remove the -artWork flag??

Thanks!!!

CRP Offline
what version of sdlmame do you use? everything works fine for me...

CRP Offline
Vas, I just got myself a Mac Mini which I use as a media player. I would also love to use it as some kind of "Mame Console" to play arcade games on my TV, but I do not want to keep a keyboard and mouse connected to it all the time. So here are my feature requests:

- allow frontend navigation with joystick (up/down=previous/next game; left/right=up or down N games, where N can be specified in preferences, or else left/right moves to the next letter in the game list; some button should switch between game list and category browser; some other key should cycle screenshots, flyers etc.)
- when an image in the top-right icon-list is clicked, I get a popup screenshot. If subsequently I double click on another, a different popup should open, instead of replacing the existing one. This way, I can setup the frontend with different images appearing at the same time and changing while I browse
- I have my games on a remote volume, but if I open MacMameX without mounting the volume first, it crashes. An option allowing to automatically mount the remote volume would be nice, or else the possibility to specify an applescript to be launched upon different events, eg frontend startup
- full screen mode (like web browsers do, or something fancy Quartz based, like frontrow)

That's all for now wink

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
OK, quick update. MacMAMEinfoX is up to 0.7.4:
  • Audit capability with SDLMAME (look under Utilities menu)
  • More help
  • Bug fixes
  • Read the help to find out what else is new

Note that this version works with SDLMAME 0.109, and not with SDLMAME 0.109u2 which has removed the -artwork/-noartwork switch. Apparently there is no longer any way to control whether artwork is used.

Download MacMAMEinfoX 0.7.4 (518kB disk image) Universal Binary requires 10.3.9 or later

Yes there is (but I'm sure you know this already), through the in-game menu you can turn it on and off. I haven't tested enough to determine if this is saved as part of the .cfg info or not.

I really dig the front-end by the way. My main wish list would be the ability to hide the filters at the top without having to move the border every time I launch and the ability to hide the search bar (I don't have enough ROMs to warrant it). I would also like the ability to stop the pop-up that shows SDLMAME launch info in it (just for aesthetics).

Oh and better documentation so I know where the .cfg files are (without having to use Spotlight, although I'm now starting to appreciate it).

Sean Aaron
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
The -artwork switch has been subdivided:

-use_backdrops
-use_overlays
-use_bezels

Turning all of them off is the same as -noartwork in 0.109.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com