Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Who is getting a next generation console (Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Revolution)?

OT - Next Gen Consoles: Who's getting 'em?!
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/01/70 12:00 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
T
T
Does it count if the Xbox 360 in my possession is on ebay?

I'm getting a PS3 and a Revolution.

My speculations on the next gen:

I think this may be Nintendo's last hurrah in the home console arena. They haven't marketed themselves very well these last few years and they seem to be sliding down the same steep slope that Sega did (and making a lot of the same mistakes I might add). I predict they will continue to do well in the portable market.

Sony is going to spank Micro$oft. Seriously, though. It just doesn't seem like the 360 is bringing enough to the table - and it certainly doesn't seem like it's bringing anything new.

The PS3 may very well bring gaming back to a one console affair ala the days of NES dominance.

A
A
So far I am getting none... I do have a DS with Mario Kart DS though, does that count? smile

I sold my PS2 because I didn't use it at all, only my GameCube sees some use occasionally...

(where is the option: no plans yet, but the Revolution might change my mind?)

OP Offline
^^^ Sorry, I should have added more options... wink

FWIW, I'm seriously considering getting an Xbox 360 once the initial hype dies down a bit... well OK, maybe as soon as I actually see one in a store and not on a waiting list. wink

But, the prize to me is definitely the PS3... hopefully when it comes out in Q2 or Q3 of 2006, they'll offer an Xbox 360 exchange program. wink

And for whatever reason, the Nintendo Revolution doesn't intrigue me at all... in fact None of the Nintendo stuff has won me over in recent years. All though I would love to play the new Zelda when it comes out.

The PS2 was out what... 4 years before I eventually got one... I'm guessing I'll probably plunk down for a PS3 (take a hike Micro$oft, I don't care how hot the 360 may be) at least 4 years after it comes out (2010?). Unless some developer comes out with THE DEFINING game that bowls me over OR if someone is able to port MAME over to the PS3 with full playability for most games.

I'm thinking about picking up a used Vectrex.

AtariAge Blog
Maybe tempted by Nintendo Revolution (backwards compatibility), but am settling on NDS with Mario Kart for the moment.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Marc: the PS3 will be open to hobbyists, so MAME is pretty much guaranteed. It's too early to even guess how the performance would be though.

Nathan: I have a fully working Vectrex right here, with overlays. I need to ZVG mod it sometime so MAME can use it for vector games - that would be totally sweet.

V
V
Quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Strum:
I'm thinking about picking up a used Vectrex.
Want mine?

(that's a joke btw)

Oh, and I'll get a PS3 and Revolution. Nothing on Xbox interests me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,879
Posts116,781
Members4,959
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com