Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15154 08/18/06 12:40 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I love the Capcom/Marvel fighting games but I have a question. Which game is it in where the character has a move wherein the character will send out a beam or ray and a column of ice and debris will spring up out of the ground, and if the enemy gets in it or is standing over the spot where the ice column starts, the enemy is momentarilly turned to ice ? Also, when the characters gain a certain amount of energy, you can press a combination of buttons to do a special combo move. Is there a list that tells which buttons do each move for each characters ? Thanks.

Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
#15155 08/18/06 01:51 PM
T
T
This is probably not the best place to ask such questions as most people using mame enjoy the classics, however I would try gamefaqs.com

#15156 08/18/06 02:21 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Alright. Just another quick question. In the game I mentioned, there are two move : Heart Of Darkness and Inferno. Along with the names of the moves, there are combinations of letters that I don't understand. They are Inferno (HCB +P) and Heart Of Darkness (QCT+KK). What do the letters mean ?

#15157 08/19/06 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Spottedfeather:
Alright. Just another quick question. In the game I mentioned, there are two move : Heart Of Darkness and Inferno. Along with the names of the moves, there are combinations of letters that I don't understand. They are Inferno (HCB +P) and Heart Of Darkness (QCT+KK). What do the letters mean ?
HCB = Half Circle Backwards
QCT (assuming it's the same as QCF) = Quarter Circle Towards(Forwards)
P = any Punch button
KK = any two Kick buttons

I'm not sure but the game you mentionend in your first post could be "X-Men Children Of The Atom". In this game you could play Iceman which has some "icy" special moves (although I don't remember if you can freeze your opponent).

Given actual standards, Thargok, a number of CPS2 fighting games, even if they will never be as old as Arkano?Ød, Pac-Man or Space Invaders, can de facto be considered as "Classics". It has been more than 10 years now since X-Men C.O.T.A. Except for "Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter" (why ? I don't know) that I see from time to time, these games are really hard to find in french Arcade Game Center.

JPS
Bloodbowl ?† Strasbourg :
http://jpschuck.free.fr/blood
#15158 08/20/06 07:16 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Lord Nightmare), 38 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,974
Posts117,896
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com