Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
The front-end icon should be a quarter. :-)

Done! smile

Edit: OK, so it's not a quarter, but you get the picture! wink

No, he meant REAL money.

laugh

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
R
R
*Ahem*. Maybe I should get Nathan to add another clause to the board rules!

I long for the day when citizens of that country on the other side of the map start using the Euro like everybody else!!

-R

I agree, we definitely need a rule that says Euros are not real money laugh

Seriously, though... All I know is that our quarter is pretty cool. The nickel, dime, penny, and dollar coins, however, leave something to be desired. ESPECIALLY the dollar coin. The Quid and the Euro definitely have an edge up on it. I haven't been to Europe since the Euro got widespread, so I don't know what the other sub coins feel like. I can't imagine they are worse than most of ours.

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
Why not an arcade coin ? (the ones with the line, you buy at the entrance).
Though, I like Nathan's icon with the invader. I use my version, a bit darker.

Merry *XMas* (even Santa Klaus has dropped Classic support ...)
I talked to Brad about changing the icon before, and he likes the current one. Since he's the one doing the bulk of the work on MacMAME, I think it's up to him to decide what's used. If he decides he'd like something else, I have no problem with that. An icon's an icon, and as long as it readily identifies the program it's associated with, then it's fine with me, whatever it is.

As for the whole Quarter/Euro thing, because arcade games were a worldwide phenomenon, I don't think you can use any denomination specific to any one country to represent MacMAME. Although, I suppose it's possible that the icon could be coins from multiple countries... now there's a thought.

As for tokens, eons ago, I wrote an editorial about that. Most of it still holds true, except I like tokens more now than I did back in the day. Mainly because tokens, like arcades themselves, are becoming hard-to-find artifacts of the past.

AtariAge Blog
I should specify that the icon was meant as a joke.

That's what the smilies were for smile

Although I did go through the pain creating a real icon (yeah, just click on the 1 Euro coin)

When people talk about quarters and arcades, it always reminds me of the time I had 6 quarters in my envelope to give for an offering at Sunday School (little-kid church school) when I was in like fourth grade. But instead of giving that money to God Herself, I tore the envelope open, put the quarters in my pocket, and spent them at the arcade later that day.

I think I've probably even told that story on this board before, but I'm so racked with guilt wink that I can't help it.

Of course, ever since then I've pretty much assumed I'm going to Hell, so I've tried to make the most of it :p .

PtR

A
A
quick thought: it would be nice to have some sort of automatic screenshot download for what ever games are in your rom folder. that or maybe have frontend download a screen shot, cabinet art, etc. as the user scrolls through his/her games. not sure who would host all the images, but i personally would find this very convenient laugh

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com