Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
I nearly had this posted before the Win32 build appeared on mame.net, but didn't quite make it. Next time. ;-)

I spent quite some time tracking down Mac bugs in the MAME core, so a number of games that had been broken in the past few releases (if not longer) should work now.

Let me know if there are other games broken on the Mac which work on the PC.

As always, report bugs on the Wiki or to this thread so we can fix them. If we can't easily find them, they may not get fixed.

FYI to whoever maintains the wiki now: I don't have permission to edit the main page, so I couldn't create a new page for 0.96 bug reports. Can that be fixed?

http://www.macmame.org/downloads.html

0.96 - 3 May 2005

て「 Updated to match Win32 MAME 0.96. [Brad Oliver, Alex Eddy]
て「 Mouse handling should once again work normally when a dialog interrupts gameplay. [Brad Oliver]
て「 Fixed clone ROM handling in the audits to more accurately reflect their status when clone-specific ROMs aren't found. [Brad Oliver]
て「 Long-dead option to not emulate FM sound has been removed. [Brad Oliver]
て「 The error logging function works again. [Brad Oliver]
て「 CHD "dif" files now have their own folder, away from the potentially read-only folder for CHD files themselves. [Brad Oliver]
て「 Updated chdman to the most recent code. [Brad Oliver]
て「 Long ROM names now display better in ROM audits. [Brad Oliver]
て「 ROM audits now inform you if a missing ROM is part of a BIOS ROM set or shared with a parent ROM set. [Brad Oliver]
て「 Changing the name display to/from "descriptive" in the front-end now resorts the list properly. [Brad Oliver]
て「 Fixes for the MAME core that mainly affect the Mac:
* PPC core now works on the Mac. This fixes odd errors in the Model 3 games.
* Fixed 8085 core - Pleiads now works again.
* Fixed games based on the Arcadia platform (Amiga-based).
* Looping once again works.
* Namco System 22 games work again (Prop Cycle, etc).
* Chimera Beast is now consistently playable.
* The Eolith games now work.
* The Sega System32 games work again.
* The Beatmania games now render normally.
* Mortal Kombat 2/3 once more have working sound.
* Games that use a 68k CPU once again work consistently.
て「 Fixed various compiler warnings under gcc. [Alex Eddy]
て「 Changes to better deal with MAME core changes. [Alex Eddy]
て「 Mouse input now works when no joystick is present (was broken in the 0.88 beta). [Alex Eddy]
て「 MacMAME now defaults to using the OpenGL plugin and no interlaced blitting. [Alex Eddy]
て「 MacMAME no longer pauses unnecessarily when starting a game (broken in 0.88 beta). [Alex Eddy]

0.88u4 beta 1 - 23 November 2004

て「 Updated to Win32 MAME 0.88u4.
て「 Many fixes and improvements to the OpenGL blitter and other video-related things. [Alex Eddy]
て「 Overhauled joystick support. Joysticks are now mapped and configured directly inside MAME. You will probably need to remap your joystick controls with this version to work the way you want - no 2 joysticks are created equal.
て「 Fixed "Move to Trash" contextual menu command.
て「 More changes to better support localized versions of MacMAME.
て「 Fixed loading of language and cheat files.
て「 Warning dialogs from the MAME core no longer truncate after 255 characters - they can display quite a bit more information now.

M
M
Thanks Brad much appreciated.

I
I
Thanks Brad and arekkusu!

Quote:
FYI to whoever maintains the wiki now: I don't have permission to edit the main page, so I couldn't create a new page for 0.96 bug reports. Can that be fixed?
That would be Mahuti.

WOOT! I'm third in the post. I feel important!

I can't say enough for all of you that dedicate your time to the MAME and MacMAME projects. You don't know how important and appreciated your work is, not only to the people that frequent the Emuversal Bulletin Boards, but to all of those that have had any experience with MAME / MacMAME in the past, and for all of those that will discover it in the future.

In short, if it's not too late for that already ... Thank you!

- Integra

2001 PBG3 500 / 384 / 10.3.8

Actually, a brief question ... was XCode 2 used for any of 0.96? If so, do you see some improvements in XCode 2 that will make it easier for future releases of MacMAME?

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Brad uses only CodeWorrier, pay attention ;-)

PS: the Model 3 games are fully playable[1] on the PC, so if all they show is black (as was implied on the list) keep working ;-)

[1] I didn't say they ran at playable *speeds*, mind you.

This nearly tops the release of Tiger wink

Thanx, I'll have a look at it immediately! wink

Oh, and yes, I am shocked...

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Integra:
Actually, a brief question ... was XCode 2 used for any of 0.96? If so, do you see some improvements in XCode 2 that will make it easier for future releases of MacMAME?
I haven't built it yet with Xcode 2, only 1.5. However, the optimizer is supposed to be, in theory, much better with Xcode 2. It may even compile faster, which would be a big deal for me.

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
PS: the Model 3 games are fully playable[1] on the PC, so if all they show is black (as was implied on the list) keep working ;-)
How long is a reasonable wait on a modern PC before *something* appears? (And what is that something?)

R
R
Truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks Brad!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (ssj, Pernod, Dorando), 26 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com