Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Mame:
Brad, have you improve support for localized versions ?
Yes. Just answering. wink

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Bakasama:
I just tried Gain Ground and I get a black screen. I can hit tab and quit but not much else. It worked on arekkusu's recent build.
Yes, my bad. I fixed it here for the inevitable 0.96a. :-)

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Integra:
A semi-related follow-up question to this original one I had earlier ... does anyone know what Apple uses to create / program / develop their operating system?
Kent might be able to say, but it's my understanding that most of OSX is built with gcc 3.3, with new parts using 4.0. I don't know if CodeWarrior is used any more - I think they're eating their own dog food now. smile

I did hear conflicting reports that Apple uses CVS or Perforce for version control. I'd be curious to know which it is - I'd be a little surprised if it was CVS.

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
On my 3.1 GHz P4 on Scud Race there's about a 5 second blank screen followed by a text screen, then a few 2D splash screens, then full textured 3D with filtering and perspective correction.
OK, I was testing against vf3, which I guess is a dud. Scud Race does give me some totally garbled text (2 different screens worth) then appears to reset itself over and over. I bet your guess about bungled byte/word reads is right on the money - everything looks good in the debugger.

Shocked? No, I've learned to be patient and wait for the next one.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

This is only a practice life.
Your real life starts in 15 minutes.
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I have fully merged ROM sets, and the new MacMAME takes its time to start up for me, too. Also, the new code for getting rid of virtual clones from the list if it can't find any clone-specific ROMs makes it hide some games when it shouldn't (e.g. galpanib "Gals Panic (set 2)" won't show up unless I actually create an empty zip file for it).

Would it be possible to have an option to restore the previous behaviour? Or if I don't mind getting my hands dirty with Xcode, how can I hack the code to restore the previous behaviour myself? Just some pointers in the right direction, I don't need a step by step guide.

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Vas Crabb:
I have fully merged ROM sets, and the new MacMAME takes its time to start up for me, too. Also, the new code for getting rid of virtual clones from the list if it can't find any clone-specific ROMs makes it hide some games when it shouldn't (e.g. galpanib "Gals Panic (set 2)" won't show up unless I actually create an empty zip file for it).
Meh. I'll just remove it. The bug it fixed in the ROM audits wasn't that big a deal anyway. I can revisit this properly for the front-end rewrite.

Shocked? Brad, if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more shocked than I am right now. wink

As always, thanks for the hard work.

Since I haven't seen anyone ask the obligatory, "Does MacMAME run faster/better in Tiger" question yet... whoops. wink

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by patmcfar8:
Shocked? Brad, if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more shocked than I am right now. wink
You do live in Reno, so I'm not sure if that's shocking or not. wink

Ahh, so you've been here. wink Well if you ever come back, beer's on me. Not literally of course...

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (ICEknight, Alegend45, 1 invisible), 26 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com