Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
In Sol Divide, the sprites don't appear at all when fighting the very last boss. Only the background and status is visible. I don't know if this happened in previous versions - it's the first time I got that far. Does this happen on the PC, too? It's not listed as a bug in the MAMEinfo file.

Quote:
Nice! Can you tell if the compile speed for gcc4 and MacMAME is better than with gcc3? If you do any performance analysis, let us know as well.
It's a lot faster (and Xcode 2 seems much nicer, too). Normally when I launched an Xcode build of MacMAME, I went away having a couple of beers. This time I happened to only briefly check the newspaper and to my shock (a lot of shocking news lately smile ), the build was already done when I returned to my computer (a 1 GHz Titanium Powerbook).

I will try to compare the execution speed of the 2 builds later.

R
R
The Sega Model 1 stuff (Virtua Fighter, Star Wars, ...) seems to average about 95% performance on this machine. It'd be great if Xcode could boost that a little smile

W
wec Offline
W
It seems that assembler cores aren't used anymore in the official MacMAME build? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. That's too bad for all of us with older macs frown

B
B
uh, according to Brad Oliver, the assembler cores aren't going away anytime soon. It just the xcode version of MacMAME can't use the assembler cores.

W
wec Offline
W
Hmm... Some of the 68k games feel much slower than with older versions. They seem about as fast as in the unofficial XCode version.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Which games? The Sega 68k games have much more accurate audio and video emulation now and will need more power than before, and there are others.

L
L
Hi Brad,

Thanks for porting that new version of MacMAME!

However, I did find a couple of issues yesterday: 1. The "Save replay" option makes MacMAME 0.96 crash.
2. I'm using an PS2/N64 adaptor and, somehow, the up and left directions for the Dual Shock d-pad are reversed. Fortunately, mapping for the Dual Shock left joystick is fine (haven't tried the right stick yet...).

I have an 800 MHz iBook running Panther and MacMAME loads very fast, which is a good thing. smile

Quote:
Originally posted by wec:
Hmm... Some of the 68k games feel much slower than with older versions. They seem about as fast as in the unofficial XCode version.
If emulation accuracy is not an issue, then use an earlier version of MacMAME for the likes of Out Run et al. smile

Anyone have try to compile with codewarrior 9.4+xcode 2? Any problem? I ask because don't install Tiger (groooar...) before i'm sure to don't have probs for compile MacMame...

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bletch), 26 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com