Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Mame:
- Startup time is really long : 50" of spinning beach ball !
I have that same problem too. It seems to take a while for the MacMAME to show up.

I didn't notice this before because i was busy doing other stuff. MacMAME .95 doesn't have that problem.

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Quote:
[b]- Hitting the "load language file" button opens the "Categories" folder instead of "misc supported files" folder.
What about that ? [/b]
It works for me. I bet this is a problem with aliases, similar to what you're encountering with the MacMAME "root" directory alias - I'll test it out here.

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Have you extracted the contexual menu strings from the source ?
No, I forgot about those. Keep posting these things to the bug Wiki when you notice them and I'll get them. I can say for sure that I check the Wiki bug pages before each release to make sure I've got everything. If it's minor (to me at least) and it's mentioned somewhere else, I have a bad habit of forgetting about it. smile

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by elmimmo:
On a minor note, I saw that you still did not implement the GUI to create the info.xml that pretty much all command line versions are able to create (or I could not find it). In a previous thread you said that the engine is already in place, and that you might have a look. I hope you just forgot, instead of simply disregarding my wish ^_^
Yeah, I forgot. It's a piece of cake to add, I just need to remember. If you'd do me the favor of mentioning this in the bug page on the Wiki for 0.96, I'll definitely get it fixed for 0.96a (or u1, whichever comes first).

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by wec:
It seems that assembler cores aren't used anymore in the official MacMAME build? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.
That's because the official builds still uses the assembler cores. wink

There are some exceptions - the 68020 games and the Sega games (and a handful of others) use the C 68k core for compatibility reasons. I haven't had time to go and address all the issues with the PPC 68k core yet - I'm barely keeping up with the endian bugs in the MAME core at this point. wink

MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jaye:
2. I'm using an PS2/N64 adaptor and, somehow, the up and left directions for the Dual Shock d-pad are reversed. Fortunately, mapping for the Dual Shock left joystick is fine (haven't tried the right stick yet...)
Generally, I wouldn't consider this a bug. MacMAME attempts to match up joystick controls based on what the HID device reports. Some devices report really strange things - the iShock 2, for example, reports the second thumbstick axes as a z-axis and rotation axis, for example. You can manually remap these inside MAME, so it's not a huge deal once you've done it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Oliver:
I bet this is a problem with aliases, similar to what you're encountering with the MacMAME "root" directory alias - I'll test it out here.
You must be right about this.
Since 0.96, MacMAME writes .cfg files (default and games) inside my screenshots folder. eek
I've checked every aliases, trashed prefs, repaired permissions with no success.
Even History database doesn't show up.
Something must be wrong with aliases...

Edit: In fact there are .cfg files in almost every MacMAME folders. MacMAME must choose a different one on each start. confused

WOO HOO! 0.96 has fixed the "Timeout on response from sound section" error in NBA Hangtime. Thanks Brad! smile

W
W
It's been a good week - First Tiger, then MacMAME 0.96 smile Thanks Brad!

Playtesting some of my old favorites, I can't seem to get Moon Patrol's sound to work. Anybody else have the same issue, or 'tis it a bug?

S
S
Couple differences I noticed between the unofficial MacMAME 0.95 and the official 0.96 by Brad:
-Dragon Spirit (the parent) crashes the emulator in 0.96. The clone (older version) works fine.
-Virtua Racing had more correct graphics in 0.95 (i.e. pavement; pit crew)- in 0.96 they're back to the "car is sitting still on blue sky" stuff.
-Pac-Mania is a wee bit faster in 0.96, which is good. Same with Puzzle Bobble 4. But Primal Rage and Power Drift feel slower.

Good to see this project is not dead, though!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com