Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17406 05/28/04 06:33 AM
Nathan Strum Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm going to The Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) in Fullerton tomorrow (the 28th). Not sure what time, but probably around Noon. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Mahuti - you mentioned maybe meeting up there. If you still want to, e-mail your phone number again tonight. I losted it. :bemused:

If any other Southern CA'ers want to meet up there, post something here.

(By the way, if you Yahoo the location, it's actually at 124 W. Commonwealth Blvd, not E. Commonwealth Blvd.)

AtariAge Blog
Re: Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17407 05/28/04 07:36 AM
mystereo Offline
ARRRRRRGH! I can't make it cause I have to work. It would be cool to finally meet some of you guys. frown

Re: Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17408 05/28/04 01:48 PM
Nathan Strum Offline OP
OP Offline
Bummer. Well, I'm sure there will be other times. I'm still hoping to get up to CA Extreme this year. I just have to decide if I can afford the ga$.

AtariAge Blog
Re: Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17409 05/29/04 03:05 AM
Promo The Robot Offline
OT, but here's my obligatory comment wink that it is definitely worth the gas to come to CA Extreme . It's $25 (IIRC) at the door, but I personally would probably pay $100 if I had to.

OK, maybe not. But I bet I'd still go for $60. In fact, at a price like that there'd be fewer people in there overall, which would mean slightly better access to the games. Anyway, the point is... it's totally worth it.

PtR

Re: Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17410 06/02/04 04:13 AM
Nathan Strum Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I'm going to try to get to CA Extreme. But between gas from LA to SJ and back, and a hotel room for a couple of nights, I'm not sure just how dedicated I am to the classics. wink

Anyway, I did get over to Rocket last Friday. It's great to see a lot of classics all in one place (it's hard to believe just how commonplace that used to be), although I was disappointed in some of the games' condition.

Here's what their tokens look like:

Front:

Back:

Here's a complete list of their games -

Classics:

Asteroids
Berzerk
Burgertime
Centipede
Defender (stuck in service mode)
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Elevator Action
Front Line
Galaga (two machines)
Gauntlet
Gorf (not working)
Heavy Barrel
Ironman Stewart's Super Off-Road
Karate Champ
Kung Fu Master
Missile Command
Moon Patrol
Ms. Pac-Man
Paperboy
Pole Position II cockpit
Q*Bert
Rampage
Road Blasters
Robotron
Scramble (bad joystick and dying monitor)
Space Invaders
Spy Hunter (ate my money)
Star Wars (not working)
Super Pac-Man
Tempest (with modified tubes ROMset)
Track & Field
Tron (bad controls)

Non-Classics:

Area 51
Blitz 99
CarnEvil
Crazy Taxi
Daytona USA 2 (two machines)
Fury CART Racing (not working)
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Harley Davidson & LA Riders
House of the Dead 2
Hydro Thunder
Off Road Thunder (not working)
Silent Scope

...and an air hockey table.

I only spent a couple of bucks there, since most of what I wanted to play were unplayable. Hopefully they can get someone in to fix them someday. (Scramble and Tron have been messed up forever.)

Anyway, I'm off to update the entry on its The Classic Arcade Games Locations page.

AtariAge Blog
Re: Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17411 06/02/04 05:08 AM
mystereo Offline
I went yesterday and got the high score on Robotron. 528,000 on THAT machine isn't bad. Still has a little problem shooting straight up but was working pretty good otherwise. I wish they would dump some of those games in there and get better ones. Those non-classics are such a waste of space. Too darn expensive to play. I guess I'm a cheapskate but I like playing a good 30 minutes on one quarter not 45 seconds for $1 but I guess they have to make a profit somehow.

Re: Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17412 06/02/04 01:17 PM
Carbon Offline
Make icons out of those tokens, Nathan smile

Re: Rocket Arcade (formerly the Reagan Years) on Friday #17413 06/02/04 08:43 PM
Carsten Offline
Yeah! I second that request.

Those are super looking tokens, and nice clean scans to boot.

I imagine a future version of MM where a token briefly fades in and out on the screen when you press "5" (like the volume control or eject disc icon shows on the screen).

BEWARE: I LIVE! I HUNGER.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 70 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,818
Posts116,083
Members4,915
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020