Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My first question! #17444 06/01/04 09:56 PM
GraceJo Offline OP
OP Offline
...and you'll probably hope, my last one... ;p

INTRO (I'll try to be quick... wink
Hello, it's the first time I write here and I'm a new MacMame user. I had a look at the threads you wrote in this forum but they are so many and mostly about new MM versions... I just have an iMac using a MacOS 8.6, so I'm still using the MAME version 0.36!
Ah, and excuse me for my Italian English wink

QUESTION
Please don't kill me if someone has already talked about this topic... @_@
I'm looking for a program for checking the roms because at present the 70% of the roms I download don't work and this is quite upsetting above all because my 56K modem takes a lifetime to download 300K...
Some days ago I found out "MacMame Companion" but when I downloaded it from its author's site it didn't work, I suppose because it was a MacOS 9 version - even if actually on the website there was written "for OS 9 and previous versions (last one)" or something like this (if I don't go wrong!)
Anyway, on my Mac it doesn't work :"p
Do you think that to make it work I need any plug-in or I have no hopes at all? Or do you know a place where I can download it from? I haven't foung (ha!) found anything searching through the net...
Lastly: is this the only program that could help me for this matter or do you know any others?
Thank you very much!
;* (don't worry I'm a girl... if I don't go wrong :p He hee! )
GraceJo :bubble:

Hello!
Re: My first question! #17445 06/01/04 10:26 PM
DaveD Offline
First of all, welcome to the board.

Secondly, you don't need a program like MacMAME Companion to describe your problem. Your problem is the fact that ROMs change. And any ROMs that you're now downloading will likely give you trouble with MacMAME .36a which is a few years old. I know since I also still use .36a.

Your options are either 1) upgrade to a newer MacMAME and use your new ROMS. 2) Be happy with the 30% of ROMs that do work and continue to use an old MacMAME. 3) Find old ROMs. Although since finding new ROMs can be a challenge, I doubt you'll have any luck finding older ones. Good luck!

Re: My first question! #17446 06/01/04 11:30 PM
Stefano Offline
Bergam de hura o de hota? :-)

Se hai bisogno di info scrivimi pure!

Ciao

Re: My first question! #17447 06/03/04 06:35 PM
GraceJo Offline OP
OP Offline
Uela! Another Italian! laugh

Thank you very much for your suggestions guys!
I'm glad to see I'm not the only 0.36 user... wink
I think I'll go on quarrelling with my old MacMAME and I'll adopt the ways 2) and 3)...

Just yesterday a friend of mine gave me a CD full of ROMs (of course I own all the original games... wink and luckily they were mostly for my MAME version smile

Thank you again and see you for the next silly question!
**PaolonaJones**

Italian PS: ciao cremonese! Proprio ieri son passata per la tua provincia, son andata a fare un giro a Piacenza... mai pi?? in Y10! @_@
Ok, appena ho un momento ti scrivo, un consulente italico di MacMAME non si trova mica tutti i giorni... wink
Ciao ciao!.GPJ

Hello!
Re: My first question! #17448 06/03/04 06:47 PM
G
gsxrboy Offline
G
I loved Vicenza when I was there on hols, Milan, Venice, Florence & Rome all lovely places too.. welcome to the site !

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Dullaron, AJR, ICEknight), 60 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,818
Posts116,083
Members4,915
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020