Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
[OT] Seaside Heights, NJ classic arcade pics #17514 06/04/04 11:15 AM
foxglove Offline OP
OP Offline
I took a trip to Seaside Heights, by the boardwalk area in NJ. They have tons of arcades there, and this one was very notable for it's huge selection of classic games and pinball games. While I've been here in the past this is the first time they have a real solid selection, plus it has it's own room now in the arcade. Meaning, all the skeeball, crane games, and other stuff are outside this area. I think the room is called flashback, and it's decorated with neon, 80's movie posters, and 80's music playing throughout.

I took pics of a bunch of the games there, though I didn't get them all like asteroids, popeye, NES vs. system, and punch out and others. Plus 97% of the games worked fine, and were in pretty good shape. And still only 25 cents per play! It was well worth the trip. I also saw for the first time some Ultracade systems (which is also pictured) which had a decent game selection and also only 25 cents. I wonder the legallities behind that machine.

Now for the pics...

commando, kung fu, gyruss, operation wolf...
donkey kong, mr. do, mr. do castle, star wars....

sinistar, robotron....
tempest, turbo, roadblasters...
tapper, space invaders, sp deluxe
q*bert, super sprint, turbo...
defender, simpsons, ms.pacman...
ultracade playing strider

Re: [OT] Seaside Heights, NJ classic arcade pics #17515 06/04/04 03:25 PM
mystereo Offline
WOW! Thanks for the pix! Being a native Jersey dude, it was nice to FINALLY see pix of this arcade. I went to NJ last summer but I wasn't aware of this arcade until after I left. My friend raves about it. Makes me want to come home. The place looks pretty well kept. That Robotron looks like a Defender cabinet but I want to see these for myself. smile

Re: [OT] Seaside Heights, NJ classic arcade pics #17516 06/04/04 05:44 PM
PongHit Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by foxglove:
I took a trip to Seaside Heights, by the boardwalk area in NJ. They have tons of arcades there, and this one was very notable...
Cool... Can you tell us the NAME of this arcade? And maybe an address?

THANKS!

-PongHit :pong:

Re: [OT] Seaside Heights, NJ classic arcade pics #17517 06/04/04 07:51 PM
foxglove Offline OP
OP Offline
I think this is the place:

CAROUSEL FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, THE
22 BOARDWALK # 24
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ 08751
Phone: (732) 793-7275

The room inside that place is called Flashback, with all the 80's arcade games. And it is well kept, and if you go on a weekday like I did, the place was totally empty. The whole arcade to yourself.

There are other arcades along that strip that have a few classic games, but from what I saw it was slim pickings. I think most of those places sold their cabinets and bought ultracade machines instead, because they didn't have as much as previous years I've been there.

Re: [OT] Seaside Heights, NJ classic arcade pics #17518 06/04/04 10:14 PM
DaveD Offline
Those are some great pics. It's nice to see places like that still in operation. And as you say, it looks like weekdays are the ideal time to go. No waiting in line or "quarter stacking" on the machines. wink

Re: [OT] Seaside Heights, NJ classic arcade pics #17519 06/05/04 12:03 AM
Nathan Strum Offline
Wow... that looks great! I suppose next time I'm down at Rocket/Reagan Years I should take a few pics. It's always nice to see a bunch of working classic games in one place.

Must... go... to... CA Extreme...

AtariAge Blog

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Monotremata), 53 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,818
Posts116,083
Members4,915
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020