Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'm seeing "Out of malloc tracking slots!" errors in stdout when I run my custom tab-delimited reports. It's okay, I just do test runs by launching MM from the Finder instead of from within XCode.

I'm using the deployment build so I'm not so sure this is related to any of the debug build problems you talked about, but just thought I'd mention it.

BEWARE: I LIVE! I HUNGER.
MacMAME Author
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by arekkusu:
Brad seemed to know what the issue was with NeoGeo, want to help me out?
Yes, easy - the Mac port should no longer dictate the bit depth and instead let the MAME core tell the osd code what depth to use. There's some old code in the MAME core that will attempt to use a bit depth specified by the osd layer, but the drivers are no longer required to conform to that, so you get a case like with the NeoGeo drivers where they assume a forced bit depth.

MacMAME Author
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Carsten:
Since I've been studying/hacking around on the report generation stuff lately, I might as well see what I can do to find out what's changed in the core since 0.77 that broke this on the Mac.
The entire input port handling scheme has changed in recent MacMAME builds, so there's some Mac-specific work to make this kosher again. It's not terribly difficult. The core is still seeing some minor changes in this area as well as the code settles down, so keep that in mind.

Yes! I got it working. I'll post updated source on my website later today.

While I'm here, I was thinking of showing other info in the Info pane too besides just analog controls. Like "Tilt-ability" and maybe number of buttons. Good idea or no?

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Quote:
Originally posted by arekkusu:
Also it looks like anything with the PSX SPU hangs. Maybe smf has an idea? wink
Try something from konamigv.c - if you don't have the CHDs currently, weddingr is the smallest (only 14 megs), and it also makes the heaviest use of the SPU (no redbook audio for music like the other games). That would let us rule out the SPU as opposed to the znsec, which I suspect is the real enemy.

http://ca.geocities.com/carstenklapp/macmame/override/macintosh/

This macinfo.c is preliminary, it still needs some work to clean up the formatting.

Added reporting for:
  • joy4way, joy8way, doublejoy4way, doublejoy8way (per player)
  • Buttons (per player)
  • Start buttons
  • Tilt detector
  • Unknown controls
  • Coin slots
  • Dip-switches
  • Service switch

MacMAME Author
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Carsten:
[b]
]http://ca.geocities.com/carstenklapp/macmame/override/macintosh/[/QB][/QUOTE]

If you'd like something included in MacMAME, please e-mail me a copy of the code in question until I get the Subversion server set up. That will help me out a great deal, because it means I don't have to surf around this forum looking for patches. smile

Ok thanks Brad, will do.

For now these are not quite finished yet, they are just on my web site for anyone who wants to see what I'm working on.

Oh BTW, I think the existing code is using tabs instead of spaces? (width 4, indent 4?) I want to make sure any code I send you is formatted consistently.

A
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
Try something from konamigv.c ... That would let us rule out the SPU as opposed to the znsec, which I suspect is the real enemy.
You're right-- weddingr runs fine, with sound.

The new updated & "enhanced" macinfo is finished for anyone who wants it, available at my website (and emailed off to Brad.)

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Augusto, 1 invisible), 18 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,274
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com