Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Well, since we seem to be asking about games that may or may not be working in upcoming releases in this thread, I'd like to know if Mr Driller has been taken off the 'Not Working' list...

The following statement is true...
The preceding statement is false.
Quote:
Originally posted by MAMEBase:
I'd like to know if Mr Driller has been taken off the 'Not Working' list...
Yes Mr Driller is playable now, but no sound and the video is not 100%. Only runs at 3 fps on my dual 450.

BEWARE: I LIVE! I HUNGER.
A
OP Offline
A
Mr Driller works in 0.84 (no sound, 25-30 fps on Powerbook here) but not in 0.84u3.

Is this anything that someone (arekkusu?) could post a pre-compiled version of?

Also, does Sexy Parodius still crash MacMAME after the "OK" screen?

W
W
Quote:
Originally posted by bumpy:
Is this anything that someone (arekkusu?) could post a pre-compiled version of?
Source code for Xcode is good too! smile
I wonder if anybody is willing to tackle the new core changes for 84u4 & 84u5

Oh and Sexy Parodius works :p

=will=
A
A
It has been a while since I played around with MacMAME, mostly because my G4/450MP was just getting too damn slow to run most things without complaining, but since I got my boss to hand over a G5 1.8DP (to which I added 2.5GB RAM) I thought I'd give it another shot..

So I downloaded the 0.84 source files and started looking at XCode for about the first time (lately I have only been doing PHP coding...)...

It actually took me more time to find out how the heck I could get the project to compile as non-debug than the actual compilation itself smile A lot longer smile

After I finally got it to build the target I've been playing games, games and more games (I was so smart to pull the 0.84 full archive off bittorrent so I didn't have to update my hopelessly out of date ROM archive)...

I am pretty pleased with the speed of the games I play a lot, so after that I thought I would do some speed checking of the games that were totally unplayable before...

Well, most still are stangely enough... Hard Drivin' is no where near fluid, and the mentioned Tekken is only managing 4-6/60fps on my machine... Am I doing something wrong here? (no, no other apps running, CPU load is fairly low)..

Compiling MAME does manage to warm up the room here quite a bit, wow, that rear exhaust of my G5 is amazingly warm... smile

Arnoud

A
A
oh, and total compilation time on my G5 was about 20 minutes...

One thing to keep in mind with the current XCode build is the cores are the ones written in C instead of the assembly cores, a lot of games will run slower simply because of that.

The official releases are built with CodeWarrior and therefore take advantage of the speedier asm cpu cores.

BEWARE: I LIVE! I HUNGER.
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnoud:
Well, most still are stangely enough... Hard Drivin' is no where near fluid, and the mentioned Tekken is only managing 4-6/60fps on my machine... Am I doing something wrong here? (no, no other apps running, CPU load is fairly low)..
Have you turned off frameskipping? I know that helps the Tekken games so they don't runs choppy.

A
OP Offline
A
Turn off frameskip. It goes to 11 if your machine can't catch up.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Augusto, 1 invisible), 18 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,274
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com