Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17875 07/11/04 04:59 AM
Carsten Offline
BTW, what are the requirements for XCode's Zero-link? I remember seeing a page at the Apple Developer web site but now that I'm interested in it, I can't find it again.

The "Upgrade to Native target" menu command is greyed out. Is it only for Cocoa or can Carbon use it too?

The linking phase of MacMAME is the most time-consuming part of my little report & info contributions.

Thanks

BEWARE: I LIVE! I HUNGER.
Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17876 07/13/04 03:28 PM
Fava Offline
I've just compiled the Deployment without any add but the app start and quit automatically...i've try to delete preference but nothing. Any ideas?

Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17877 07/13/04 03:55 PM
bumpy Offline
I imagine I know the answer to this already, but what the hell...

Is this something that us non-programmer types could compile ourselves? Isnt x-code one of the things that came on that OSX developer tools disk that I never use?

Also, how are the video improvements arekkusu made working out? Any impressions? Did v-sync ever get off the ground?

Finally, for those that have been able to toy around w/ the Capcom ZN-1, the Namco System 1 and 2 and the Sega Model 1 and 2 games - what is a realistic system spec to run these games at 60 fps? Does the required mac even exist yet? At some point down the road I'd like to include some of the aforementioned games in my MacMAME cabinet (eta: whenever I can scrape the cash together).

Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17878 07/14/04 12:35 AM
W
will Offline
W
Quote:
Originally posted by bumpy:
Isnt x-code one of the things that came on that OSX developer tools disk that I never use?
Yes XCode comes with Panther on the developer tools CD but it cannot yet take advantage of the faster PPC native assembly cores which means this build (if you can even get it to compile) will run with the much slower C cores. Since you're asking about speed, it doesn't seems like something you'd be interested in.

Quote:
Finally, for those that have been able to toy around w/ the Capcom ZN-1, the Namco System 1 and 2 and the Sega Model 1 and 2 games - what is a realistic system spec to run these games at 60 fps? Does the required mac even exist yet?
OK I think you meant Namco System 11, 12, 21 & 22, Namco System 1 & 2 are not that demanding.

Also I think the first Sega Model 1 game has just started to work with MAME 0.84u1, Virtua Fighter 1. There are no Sega Model 2 games in MAME yet, don't ask don't tell. wink

To answer your question, no the required Mac probably doesn't even exist yet, I have yet to try a G5 but the problem is that most of these PSX hardware based games do not run in MacMAME yet, not just because we are behind several versions but according to the MAME WIP page, the authors of these drivers have just started to fix the endian bugs in their code which would allow these games to work on a PPC processor in the first place.

=will=
Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17879 07/14/04 02:16 AM
A
arekkusu Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Carsten:
The ZeroLink docs are still here. It doesn't work with MacMAME in any version of Xcode that I've tried.

The Xcode "Upgrade to Native Target" converts old PB jam-based targets to the new system that supports ZeroLink/Fix&Continue. It doesn't have anything to do with Carbon vs Cocoa. MacMAME is already using a native target.

Fava:
First thing I'd try is building the Profile build (basically the same as the Deployment build, except with debug symbols) and run that. If it quits, look in Console and ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MacMAME.crash.log to see if there's any explanation.

bumpy:
v-sync works fine in 0.77u2c and 0.84 for me. The other video improvements (as described in the xcode note) are: fixed dark border around GL window, correct aspect scaling of multimonitor games in fullscreen mode, and a phosphor persistence slider.

The other important improvement in the Xcode build over the official 0.77u2a is that it yields time to other apps correctly, so Ms Pac Man takes 10% of the CPU instead of 100%, and your fan(s) don't come on.

The big tradeoff is that it uses the C cores, so if your Mac was too slow, or barely fast enough to run a game fullspeed before, it will be slower now.

For the newer games, Tekken (System 11) runs at a pretty solid 30fps on my 1.25GHz laptop, so a new G5 ought to be full speed. This is without sound, though. On the other hand, Virtua Fighter Kids (Sega Titan) runs at about 8 fps. frown

Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17880 07/14/04 02:34 AM
R
R. Belmont Online Content
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Actually, the base PSX hardware works well on the Mac as of 0.84. There's some additional complication with zn.c we haven't worked out yet though.

Edit: if anyone has the port up to 0.84u2 level on the Mac, I'd love to hear if the updated System 12 driver is working properly. It should be, but you never know with this stuff =)

Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17881 07/19/04 11:10 AM
H
Hack7 Offline
H
Hello all,

I've managed to convert and compile some of the Asgard assembly routines under XCode. Konami seems to work fine. In the 68000 family, Gauntlet runs, Arabian Nights gives an error on power up ROM check (1111 Emulate, and then some sort of ROM address, if anyone has any suggestions...).

If anyone is interested in the code, let me know.

Hack7

Sleep or debug - my biggest dilemma in life.
Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17882 07/19/04 02:18 PM
A
arekkusu Offline OP
OP Offline
A
By "convert" you mean to GAS syntax, or reformatting to work around the multiple line problems?

Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17883 07/20/04 04:56 AM
Brad Oliver Offline
MacMAME Author
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Hack7:
If anyone is interested in the code, let me know.
I'm very interested. smile E-mail me : bradman@pobox.com.

Re: MacMAME 0.84 Xcode source leveraged #17884 07/25/04 01:00 PM
A
arekkusu Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
if anyone has the port up to 0.84u2 level on the Mac, I'd love to hear if the updated System 12 driver is working properly. It should be, but you never know with this stuff =)
That's a negative. I patched to 0.84u3: Tekken works, Tekken3 dies with no crashlog or backtrace available. Not very useful info, but there it is.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Carbon), 278 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,734
Posts114,829
Members4,879
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020